alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
About 238,590 new cases of prostate cancer will be diagnosed
Link

About 232,340 new cases of invasive breast cancer
Link

Information from same website. Prostate cancer seems more prevalent.

How come I can't find a thread for National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month? (It was last month)
How come last month I didn't notice all kinds of people changing their avatars and signatures to support National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, but this month I notice all kinds of people changing their avatars and signatures to support National Breast Cancer Awareness Month?

Is having breasts more important than having sex?
Last I looked, the treatment for prostate cancer generally renders a man sexually impotent, the treatment for breast cancer does not do the same to a woman.

Link

Link

How come I can't find a thread for National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month? (It was last month)
How come last month I didn't notice all kinds of people changing their avatars and signatures to support National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, but this month I notice all kinds of people changing their avatars and signatures to support National Breast Cancer Awareness Month?

Last I looked, the treatment for prostate cancer generally renders a man sexually impotent, the treatment for breast cancer does not do the same to a woman.

you were more then welcome to start a thread about prostate cancer and ask people to change their avis.........

feel free to join in with a pink avi :)

Link

Link

you were more then welcome to start a thread about prostate cancer and ask people to change their avis.........

syrenn,
I was merely pointing out that the display of political correctness exists deeper than most know or acknowledge.
I have nothing against supporting breast cancer awareness. I just find it odd that that it gets so much more press (and support from the sheeple) than prostate cancer which is much more devastating to a life joy (having sex with one you love).
I'll be politically and socially incorrect this month and not go pink. I still love you like a sister though.

Link

Link

syrenn,
I was merely pointing out that the display of political correctness exists deeper than most know or acknowledge.
I have nothing against supporting breast cancer awareness. I just find it odd that that it gets so much more press (and support from the sheeple) than prostate cancer which is much more devastating to a life joy (having sex with one you love).
I'll be politically and socially incorrect this month and not go pink. I still love you like a sister though.

This has nothing to do with political correctness....

women don't have prostates, however all humans, both male and female, have breasts. I am not sure if you know anyone who has had breast cancer or not, but yes, it can and does have a devastating effect on many of those woman's sex lives.

For the record, i do not have or have had breast cancer. I have had other cancer... In my opinion, cancer is cancer. A cure for one could be the door to cure them all.

and i love you to.... pink vargas or not. :)

9839392043_91d546881f_b.jpg

syrenn,

This has nothing to do with political correctness....

women don't have prostates, however all humans, both male and female, have breasts. I am not sure if you know anyone who has had breast cancer or not, but yes, it can and does have a devastating effect on many of those woman's sex lives.

For the record, i do not have or have had breast cancer. I have had other cancer... In my opinion, cancer is cancer. A cure for one could be the door to cure them all.

and i love you to.... pink vargas or not. :)

9839392043_91d546881f_b.jpg

Breast cancer doesn't prevent women (or men) from having sex or enjoying sex.
The successful treatment for prostate cancer prevents men from having sex. It's not devastating, it is worse, as in eliminating. Breast cancer treatment doesn't eliminate that.
Prostate cancer still doesn't get the awareness and support that breast cancer does. That is a political correctness fact.

I have that Vargas girl as one of my repertoire of avatars, but this month I'll be using the Halloween ones. :cool:

Link

Link

I can answer that.......

No one thought of it and started a thread?
Besides Boobies are more fun........

Link

Link

I can answer that.......

So next year, perhaps he'll set up a baby blue month for September....

Link

Link

I can answer that.......

I'm thinking it is more because the media makes such a big deal out of Breast Cancer Awareness Month but says almost nothing about Prostate Cancer Awareness Month and the sheeple just follow along in their media induced stupor.
Look around the board, Ollie, the most active threads are about what the media is feeding people, and this month media fed them breast cancer, but not prostate cancer last month. It's sad really, that so many are are led so easily.

Link

Link

I can answer that.......

I'm thinking it is more because the media makes such a big deal out of Breast Cancer Awareness Month but says almost nothing about Prostate Cancer Awareness Month and the sheeple just follow along in their media induced stupor.
Look around the board, Ollie, the most active threads are about what the media is feeding people, and this month media fed them breast cancer, but not prostate cancer last month. It's sad really, that so many are are led so easily.

I don't think we need prostate cancer awareness. Besides, what color would they use? Huh???

I can answer that.......

I don't think we need prostate cancer awareness. Besides, what color would they use? Huh???

Blue, of course.

I can answer that.......

They use light blue.

And like a good media lemming, you find Breast Cancer Awareness important, but not Prostate Cancer Awareness. Why is that? Both are devastating, both are deadly, but one is more devastating and deadly than the other. Do you know which one? Hint, it's the one you think doesn't need awareness, it's the one that receives less media attention, it's the one that kills more people, it's the one where treatment eliminates sexual activity for survivors, it's the one that isn't PC.

They use light blue.

And like a good media lemming, you find Breast Cancer Awareness important, but not Prostate Cancer Awareness. Why is that? Both are devastating, both are deadly, but one is more devastating and deadly than the other. Do you know which one? Hint, it's the one you think doesn't need awareness, it's the one that receives less media attention, it's the one that kills more people, it's the one where treatment eliminates sexual activity for survivors, it's the one that isn't PC.

So lead the way. Start a thread about prostate cancer awareness. Ask posters to post light blue avie's in honor of retroactively supporting prostate cancer awareness.

Or get out of the way of the current awareness program.

They use light blue.

there is also no big thing for melanoma cancer.... cervical or uterine cancer.... or pancreatic cancer.... There is no huge deal for diabetes either...

if you want people aware of the issue, prostate cancer is near and dear to you.... make a thread about it.

Link

Link

I can answer that.......

It's not sad... it's predictable.

B(o)(o)bs are more popular. Nobody uses a pr*strate photo for their Avatar.

All this says is that the fine folks over at the Breast Cancer Awareness Month Office are much better publicists than are their colleagues running the Prostrate Cancer Awareness Month Office.

It's up to you, Man! Spread the w*rd!!

They use light blue.

So lead the way. Start a thread about prostate cancer awareness. Ask posters to post light blue avie's in honor of retroactively supporting prostate cancer awareness.

What, and be a sheep like you?
Where were the sheep like you last month during Prostate Cancer Awareness Month?
Oh, that's right, it wasn't important to the media to tell you, so you didn't jump on the bandwagon.
Carry on

They use light blue.

Where were the sheep like you last month during Prostate Cancer Awareness Month?
Oh, that's right, it wasn't important to the media to tell you, so you didn't jump on the bandwagon.
Carry on

Where was the God-damned thread about it last month??????

Oh, that's right. you didn't care enough to start one.

They use light blue.

there is also no big thing for melanoma cancer.... cervical or uterine cancer.... or pancreatic cancer.... There is no huge deal for diabetes either...

if you want people aware of the issue, prostate cancer is near and dear to you.... make a thread about it.
It's not near and dear to me.
I'm just pointing out how the media makes it important (near and dear) to the lemmings.

Carry on

Where was the God-damned thread about it last month??????

Oh, that's right. you didn't care enough to start one.
Neither did anybody else. Because the media didn't make a big deal about it like they do Breast Cancer.

They use light blue.

I'm just pointing out how the media makes it important (near and dear) to the lemmings.

I'll bet you a dollar that the lemmings make it important to the media mogul$.

I'll bet you a dollar that the lemmings make it important to the media mogul$.
That to.

Forum List

Back