Pros and Cons of Electric Vehicles

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. It's Friday, so I'll laugh.

While you're doing that, please list for us all the things the great dictator Trump mandated that you took to heart and did.

I'm waiting.

Joe and Kammy told the nation last year that if Trump mandated the vaccine, THEY WOULD REFUSE TO TAKE IT!

So I guess your only option now is to CRY. :crying:

I used to own a mid sized truck (Dodge Dakota) and where I enjoyed it...it was annoying for when I needed to tow boats or trailers...it just didn't have enough to it to do it well...
Now that I drive a full sized truck....it does these things much better and the mileage I get is roughly the same as the mid size used to.

So...I really don't mind the electric tech....but the whole battery-charging thing and complicated controls kill it for me. The size is just another reason I'm not a fan.

I want a truck as a work truck...it's going to be beat on and used like a borrowed mule. It's not for "looking pretty". It's for hauling tools, equipment and materials to a job site.
I hear ya, and that has always been the truck market, for the most part. But a truck like this has a rated towing capacity of 11,000 lbs., which shows how technology continues to evolve. Trucks are likely one of the last holdouts to widespread EV uses, not only for a mindset like yours shared by a majority of owners, but also for the practical reasons you outline.

I can imagine the debate when the horse and buggy era gave way to the "horseless carriage" days.

I am sure there were similar arguments. What good is an automobile when parts of the country do not have gas stations while the horse can go anywhere? ... etc.

Change is hard for some folks.

I can imagine the debate when the horse and buggy era gave way to the "horseless carriage" days.

I am sure there were similar arguments. What good is an automobile when parts of the country do not have gas stations while the horse can go anywhere? ... etc.

Change is hard for some folks.
change is hard, a change in thinking is impossible for some

Electric Vehicles have been built, and failed since the late 1800's.

Electric Charging stations. Instead of a gas station serving thousands, each individual Electric Vehicle will now require it's own charging station. How is that progress? Using more resources to provide for one person? Many who drive further or get stuck in traffic, must have a second charging station at work, increasing consumption of natural resource, which is claimed to be the problem EV's solve?

Platitudes prove nothing, except that those promoting EV's really dont have facts to back up the many questions they can not answer.

change is hard, a change in thinking is impossible for some

Electric Vehicles have been built, and failed since the late 1800's.

Electric Charging stations. Instead of a gas station serving thousands, each individual Electric Vehicle will now require it's own charging station. How is that progress? Using more resources to provide for one person? Many who drive further or get stuck in traffic, must have a second charging station at work, increasing consumption of natural resource, which is claimed to be the problem EV's solve?

Platitudes prove nothing, except that those promoting EV's really dont have facts to back up the many questions they can not answer.
Thinking is impossible for some, especially when no research is done. If you did your research, you would find that electric cars were successful. Among some of the names who were involved in the manufacture of electric cars was Ferdinand Porshe (whose son would go on to build the successful Porsches, Edison, and even Ford. Studebakers first started as electric cars.

Electric vehicles were successful but the technology for powering them outside city limits was lacking. The batteries were huge so a person could easily carry a canister of gasoline but harder to carry the batteries for places outside the city area that might lack gas stations/electric powering stations.

As for your other argument that you need more resources for one person? What the heck does that mean? Right now, every home has electricity, and adding an extra electrical outlet to power your car is not a big deal. When that energy can be derived from solar, the cost becomes negligible. I would rather have an electrical outlet in my home to power my car on a regular basis than go to a third party.

So again, change is hard and doubly so when you don't do your research but rely on hearsay. To help you out, here is a good article to get you started... Worth the Watt: A Brief History of the Electric Car, 1830 to Present

Thinking is impossible for some, especially when no research is done. If you did your research, you would find that electric cars were successful. Among some of the names who were involved in the manufacture of electric cars was Ferdinand Porshe (whose son would go on to build the successful Porsches, Edison, and even Ford. Studebakers first started as electric cars.

Electric vehicles were successful but the technology for powering them outside city limits was lacking. The batteries were huge so a person could easily carry a canister of gasoline but harder to carry the batteries for places outside the city area that might lack gas stations/electric powering stations.

As for your other argument that you need more resources for one person? What the heck does that mean? Right now, every home has electricity, and adding an extra electrical outlet to power your car is not a big deal. When that energy can be derived from solar, the cost becomes negligible. I would rather have an electrical outlet in my home to power my car on a regular basis than go to a third party.

So again, change is hard and doubly so when you don't do your research but rely on hearsay. To help you out, here is a good article to get you started... Worth the Watt: A Brief History of the Electric Car, 1830 to Present
Platitudes is not an argument.

A charging station is not an electrical outlet. These are not toasters. You display ignorance with your comment that they plug into an outlet.

"Electric vehicles were successful but the technology for powering them outside city limits was lacking"

Yes, they failed, as I stated.

Research? Linking to Car and Driver is research that proves your opinion? Not hardly, you just showed you have done zero research but can do google searches.

Platitudes is not an argument.

A charging station is not an electrical outlet. These are not toasters. You display ignorance with your comment that they plug into an outlet.

"Electric vehicles were successful but the technology for powering them outside city limits was lacking"

Yes, they failed, as I stated.

Research? Linking to Car and Driver is research that proves your opinion? Not hardly, you just showed you have done zero research but can do google searches.
LOL. So much stupidity in one post. So little time. Car and Driver is a magazine about...wait for it...cars and they are in the business of knowing a thing or two about cars. Much more than you, apparently. And it is just one source. There are many, many more.

But hey, where do you do your research? I see you are big in putting down my source without coming up with any of your own. Come one, let's see your source. I'll bet you have some dumb source as a Facebook post or some other right-wing moronic sites. But hey, prove me wrong. Or fuck off.

LOL. So much stupidity in one post. So little time. Car and Driver is a magazine about...wait for it...cars and they are in the business of knowing a thing or two about cars. Much more than you, apparently. And it is just one source. There are many, many more.

But hey, where do you do your research? I see you are big in putting down my source without coming up with any of your own. Come one, let's see your source. I'll bet you have some dumb source as a Facebook post or some other right-wing moronic sites. But hey, prove me wrong. Or fuck off.
You claim research, I guess you think your google search that turns up a Car and Driver, article is research.

Your article does not even address the points in my post that you quoted. So, if you wish to talk about stupidity you have displayed yours, loud and clear.

You want research, sources, to prove that a charging station is not an electrical outlet?

Now that is stupidity and a lack of common sense.

Con, electric vehicles require millions of tons of elements, such as cobalt. The mining of Cobalt is polluting and destroys the earth.

Attachments

• children congo.jpg
    children congo.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 55
You claim research, I guess you think your google search that turns up a Car and Driver, article is research.

Your article does not even address the points in my post that you quoted. So, if you wish to talk about stupidity you have displayed yours, loud and clear.
In other words...you got nothing? Yeah, I knew when I challenged you to produce sources...you will come up with nothing. Thanks for being predictable.

You want research, sources, to prove that a charging station is not an electrical outlet?

Now that is stupidity and a lack of common sense.
In other words...you got nothing? Yeah, I knew when I challenged you to produce sources...you will come up with nothing. Thanks for being predictable.

Right-wing morons never disappoint. :itsok:

Right-wing morons never disappoint. :itsok:
Yes, I have failed to show that a charging station in nothing more than an electrical outlet. Yes I have failed to source the fact that Electric Vehicles are only being built because of Government subsidies.

And yes, I denigrated your Car and Driver article that actually shows dozens of Electric Vehicles that have failed and were never mass produced. I apologize, in hindsight I see that your source proved my fact, that Electric Cars have always failed. None of those historical EV's in that article were mass produced and or had continuous production.

Yes, I have failed to show that a charging station in nothing more than an electrical outlet. Yes I have failed to source the fact that Electric Vehicles are only being built because of Government subsidies.

And yes, I denigrated your Car and Driver article that actually shows dozens of Electric Vehicles that have failed and were never mass produced. I apologize, in hindsight I see that your source proved my fact, that Electric Cars have always failed. None of those historical EV's in that article were mass produced and or had continuous production.
Tut..tut. Still, no source that you could cite? But then, morons never do, do they?

As for your absurd assertions about the difference between the charging station and the electrical outlet... what the heck are you babbling about? You can charge cars via electrical outlets albeit one that is upgraded to 240 volts. Here, read and learn...

The most convenient places to top off are the places where your electric vehicle will be parked most often: home and work. At home, you’ll want a Level 2 charger, which requires 240-volt power reasonably close to the car.

Drivers who park in a private garage or even a driveway will likely have no issues. The 240-volt electricity is generally easy to add to a garage. The plug needed for a charger is the same as an electric clothes dryer.

The above source is the Kelly Bluebook, btw. Of course, you naturally will not believe the source, so, let me add another source...Ford Motor company.

Every new Ford all-electric vehicle comes with the Ford Mobile Charger, including two connectors for charging speeds that fit your lifestyle. It’s the easiest way to keep your battery charged for your daily commute or running errands. Plug it into any 120V outlet or a 240V NEMA 14-50 outlet to keep the juice flowing.

Now, I have been pretty patient with a dummy like you. Your turn. Put up or shut up. Do you have any source or are you just going to keep blabbering nonsense? I know you are a blithering idiot and have no sources. But hey, surprise me.

Tut..tut. Still, no source that you could cite? But then, morons never do, do they?

As for your absurd assertions about the difference between the charging station and the electrical outlet... what the heck are you babbling about? You can charge cars via electrical outlets albeit one that is upgraded to 240 volts. Here, read and learn...

The most convenient places to top off are the places where your electric vehicle will be parked most often: home and work. At home, you’ll want a Level 2 charger, which requires 240-volt power reasonably close to the car.

Drivers who park in a private garage or even a driveway will likely have no issues. The 240-volt electricity is generally easy to add to a garage. The plug needed for a charger is the same as an electric clothes dryer.

The above source is the Kelly Bluebook, btw. Of course, you naturally will not believe the source, so, let me add another source...Ford Motor company.

Every new Ford all-electric vehicle comes with the Ford Mobile Charger, including two connectors for charging speeds that fit your lifestyle. It’s the easiest way to keep your battery charged for your daily commute or running errands. Plug it into any 120V outlet or a 240V NEMA 14-50 outlet to keep the juice flowing.

Now, I have been pretty patient with a dummy like you. Your turn. Put up or shut up. Do you have any source or are you just going to keep blabbering nonsense? I know you are a blithering idiot and have no sources. But hey, surprise me.
Ha, ha, ha! What is it that you need a link for? That electric vehicles have failed? You provided that link with your Car and Driver article. Not one of those historic, electric cars, are still produced today nor were they mass produced.

I also stated that EV's require individual charging stations, as well as secondary charging stations. You want a link for that as well? I said they are more than simply an outlet. You have just provided the link showing that they are more than an outlet. Your link state the a level 2 charger is needed, 240 volts at 40 amps. That requires an electrician and a permit. It many cases you will need a new circuit breaker box. Not as simple as simply plugging in your toaster. The idea that the cost, to obtain a permit, install a new electrical service for the additional 40 amps, and run the dedicated outlet is only $250 is pure wishful thinking. As your article states, "many factors make can make this estimate more expensive".

I stated that electric vehicles are subsidized as well. That is common knowledge, you need a source or it is not true? Ha, ha, ha, how about provided a source that shows you breath and have a brain, a source that proves you have a brain. It has to mention you by name, if you can not do that, you do not have a brain, do you.

You think if I do not source my facts to the democrat biased google I lose? Such a simpleton, ignorant demand that has no basis on what one posts. All that shows is outside of google searches you do not know enough about this subject to debate it's pro and cons.

google and source all you want, big deal, it only proves your ignorance, not your knowledge

yep, i am a big dummy, charging stations can plug into NEMA 14-50 outlets, how about taking a pic of your NEMA 14-50 outlet, in your garage, or even in your house, i am so dumb I am willing to state, your house does not have a NEMA 14-50 outlet. Most homes do not have a NEMA 14-50 outlet.

EV charging stations should be hard wired, for safety and efficiency. Anybody recommending plugging an EV into the dryer plug, is irresponsible. Older homes do not have a NEMA 14-50 outlet. Homes newer than the year 2000 are required to be in compliance with the new electrical standard.

Do you want links to those facts, ha, ha, ha!

Forum List

Back