Proposed Bill - Police Dashcam funding

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Someone mentioned last night discussing the police community that while dashcams, and personal body cams are a swell idea, it requires money so unless someone passes a bill to pay for that, individual police departments can only do that if they have the money (cost about a grand each.)

So Congress listen up, US police departments appreciate the tanks, accoustic weapons, and laser dazzlers, but they REALLY need dashcams. And if you can find extra for personal bodycams as well that'd be really swell too. :)

Someone mentioned last night discussing the police community that while dashcams, and personal body cams are a swell idea, it requires money so unless someone passes a bill to pay for that, individual police departments can only do that if they have the money (cost about a grand each.)

So Congress listen up, US police departments appreciate the tanks, accoustic weapons, and laser dazzlers, but they REALLY need dashcams. And if you can find extra for personal bodycams as well that'd be really swell too. :)

Ferguson got Federal funding, installed only two........these would protect LE from false allegations, and assist on those rare occasions when an individual officer crosses the line.

2 cameras isn't "funding." It's not federal funding when even I could have given more. :) Good relations with the public they police is desireable for police departments. And cams are a great way of achieving that. I actually worked it out in another thread about this, price to outfit every patrol car in the US isn't like beyond the realm of possibility. Baffles me it isn't as standard on a patrol vehicle as sirens are.

"...it requires money so unless someone passes a bill to pay for that..."

no "bill" is required, just confiscate ALL the property, funds and anything a criminal has in their possession, sell it by auction, use those funds to buy "Cams".

If dash cams and possible body cams do have a useful purpose, this example is useful.
Video obtained after pastor NAACP claim police mistreatment - WBTV 3 News Weather Sports and Traffic for Charlotte NC
This person is one of the main complainers regarding alleged mistreatment by city police of citizens. And of course, he is playing the race card. After this video was released, the local NAACP chapter claimed they have another video showing alleged misconduct by another LEO. When requested, the NAACP REFUSED to provide this video.
I smell a RAT.
The person stopped in this video responded with the excuse that this incident occurred some time ago and he "forgot" the specifics of the exchange.
Basically, he LIED.

I'm for police cameras, but its a sad state of affairs when a police officer has to prove he's innocent of wrong doing.
It's a sad state of affairs when quite a few police officers are guilty of wrongdoing.

The cop cam is as much for the protection of the citizen as it is for the cop.

If dash cams and possible body cams do have a useful purpose, this example is useful.
Video obtained after pastor NAACP claim police mistreatment - WBTV 3 News Weather Sports and Traffic for Charlotte NC
This person is one of the main complainers regarding alleged mistreatment by city police of citizens. And of course, he is playing the race card. After this video was released, the local NAACP chapter claimed they have another video showing alleged misconduct by another LEO. When requested, the NAACP REFUSED to provide this video.
I smell a RAT.
The person stopped in this video responded with the excuse that this incident occurred some time ago and he "forgot" the specifics of the exchange.
Basically, he LIED.
You know what I find most fascinating about that video?

The cop pulled the guy over, spoke with him, wrote the ticket, and sent him on his way in LESS THAN SIX MINUTES!

Shit. The cops around here keep you detained for a good twenty minutes for speeding just out of spite.

It is all about priorities. Right now the priorities are supplying the Afghanistan Police with everything they need.
Just imagine if the US had used all that money we spent on Middle East Countries and spent it instead in the United States. There would be no funding problems for the Police or Emergency workers.

Forum List

Back