Proper Grammar

Discussion in 'Humor' started by Zoom-boing, May 26, 2009.

1. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,130
    On my 66th birthday, I got a gift certificate from my wife. The certificate paid for a visit to a medicine man living on a nearby reservation who was rumored to have a wonderful cure for erectile dysfunction. After being persuaded, I drove to the reservation, handed my ticket to the medicine man and wondered what would happen next.

The old man slowly, methodically produced a potion, handed it to me, and with a grip on my shoulder, warned, "This is powerful medicine and it must be respected. You take only a teaspoonful and then say '1-2-3. 'When you
    do that, you will become more manly than you have ever been in your life and you can perform as long as you want."

I was encouraged. As I walked away, I turned and asked, "How do I stop the medicine from working?" "Your partner must say '1-2-3-4,' he responded.
    "But when she does, the medicine will not work again until the next full moon."

I was very eager to see if it worked so I went home, showered, shaved, took a spoonful of the medicine, and then invited my wife to join me in the bedroom. When she came in, I took off my clothes and said, "1-2-3!"

Immediately, I was the manliest of men. My wife was excited and began throwing off her clothes. And then she asked, "What was the 1-2-3 for?"

And that, boys and girls, is why we should never end our sentences with a preposition!

ONE COULD END UP WITH A DANGLING PARTICIPLE!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,130
    Sorry, mistakenly double posted this thread.

3. DamnYankee

DamnYankee No Neg Policy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441

Hmmm.... When I did that, Roomy suggested I needed potty training.... :eusa_whistle: