Prop 203 Appears to Have Won

Your choice to not hire someone who dates a black woman?

Try that in the courts.

You stated that...not me. If it was my company, I wouldn't care about the color of the skin, or religion. We were talking about a federal crime with pot...
No we're not, seeing as the premise of the discussion is legalization of marijuana

also... show me where the constitution grants the fed the right to declare a plant illegal...

Try that in the courts.

You stated that...not me. If it was my company, I wouldn't care about the color of the skin, or religion. We were talking about a federal crime with pot...see the difference?

ohhhhhhhhhhh, well, I thought you were talking about the scenario that IF pot were LEGAL, you as a business owner would not hire or would fire, a pot smoker. Which would be within your rights as the owner, imho

A valid point, Care. I didn't even think about taking it as far as your previous post.

The message is that marijuana is good, tobacco is bad. Tobacco causes cancer which can be treated, and usually cured. Marijuana causes brain and genetic damage which cannot be cured.

My 2¢......btw, I was banned for life on another board because I opposed legalizing marijuana!

you need to get a life and do something about your big red signature. It's almost as offense as the huge blue font

Try that in the courts.

You stated that...not me. If it was my company, I wouldn't care about the color of the skin, or religion. We were talking about a federal crime with pot...
No we're not, seeing as the premise of the discussion is legalization of marijuana

also... show me where the constitution grants the fed the right to declare a plant illegal...

Oh, pahleeeeese.....you know a person has lost the arguement when the "show me where the constitution grants...." has been brought up. Tell you what...blow some pot smoke in Pelosi's face on Capital Hill, and bring up your, "show me where in the constitution...." scenario when your in court, okay. :lol:

The constitution does not mention many things. Like excepting religions from taxation or any other non profit group for that matter.

It does allow sleevless shirts for women though, the right to bare arms.
I support the right to arm Bears to run off those pesky Palins.
Would make it truley sportsmanship like.

Last edited:

It's the freedom to be able to choose to do such silly things in the confines of their home, if they want to, that probably makes them excited.

some who support it, are not even users, but KNOW the gvt should not be involved in this kind of nanny state stuff....

some who support it, think we are wasting our time arresting and putting in jail, at a price of $50,000 a year each, 800,000 people a year for Pot use.

Some who support it see illegal marijuana use as a means for police or our gvt to be racist, and imprison minorities.

So not ALL people in support of decriminalizing or legalizing Marijuana use, are users.

Care

I'm not against idiots choosing to spend their days stoned.... as long as it doesn't impact on me. I voted against legalizing in CA. My reason was not about not allowing people to choose, it is because there is no guarantee that their stupid behavior will not impact on me. Give me that guarantee and I'll vote for it.

I do not want another member of my family dead due to someone else's addiction. I don't want to fund other people's inability to hold down a job due to their addiction. I don't want to pick up their medical expenses. I don't do drugs and I don't want to help anyone who does. I don't care what anyone does - until it affects me and mine.
There's never any guarantee that someone else's stupid behavior won't affect you...That's why we have a legal system.

It's amazing to me how fast all these reputed "conservatives" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean anymore) turn into stone nanny state authoritarians, the moment the subject turns to recreational drugs...Simply amazing.

The message is that marijuana is good, tobacco is bad. Tobacco causes cancer which can be treated, and usually cured. Marijuana causes brain and genetic damage which cannot be cured.

My 2¢......btw, I was banned for life on another board because I opposed legalizing marijuana!
I don't think you should be banned for opposing marijuana but you really should do some research and educate yourself. Because you don't know how dumb your comment seems.

If you are interested in learning the facts and liberating your mind from the Reefer Madness indoctrination, I recommend, Marijuana, The Forbidden Medicine, Professor Lester Grinspoon, MD, Ph.D., Harvard Medical School.

Why should anyone be against medical pot use?

I would use it but combined with all my pain meds it turns me into a right wing extremeist.
Need to keep what mental acuity I have remaining.

A RW extremist who eats a boatload of cakes and cookies? :lol:

It's the freedom to be able to choose to do such silly things in the confines of their home, if they want to, that probably makes them excited.

some who support it, are not even users, but KNOW the gvt should not be involved in this kind of nanny state stuff....

some who support it, think we are wasting our time arresting and putting in jail, at a price of $50,000 a year each, 800,000 people a year for Pot use.

Some who support it see illegal marijuana use as a means for police or our gvt to be racist, and imprison minorities.

So not ALL people in support of decriminalizing or legalizing Marijuana use, are users.

Care

I'm not against idiots choosing to spend their days stoned.... as long as it doesn't impact on me. I voted against legalizing in CA. My reason was not about not allowing people to choose, it is because there is no guarantee that their stupid behavior will not impact on me. Give me that guarantee and I'll vote for it.

I do not want another member of my family dead due to someone else's addiction. I don't want to fund other people's inability to hold down a job due to their addiction. I don't want to pick up their medical expenses. I don't do drugs and I don't want to help anyone who does. I don't care what anyone does - until it affects me and mine.
There's never any guarantee that someone else's stupid behavior won't affect you...That's why we have a legal system.

It's amazing to me how fast all these reputed "conservatives" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean anymore) turn into stone nanny state authoritarians, the moment the subject turns to recreational drugs...Simply amazing.

Like I said....I don't care if a person smokes pot or not. I just don't want to pay for unemployment or welfare if they can't find a job because of it, or they were fired because of it.

I would use it but combined with all my pain meds it turns me into a right wing extremeist.

yeah that too.
I found myself actually staring at Becks show and begining to agree with him.

Absolutely tru story, scared the heck out of me.

btw my Dr told me to smoke if I wanted. unofficially of course.
Medical pot is not legal here. but what could they do to me?

Like I said....I don't care if a person smokes pot or not. I just don't want to pay for unemployment or welfare if they can't find a job because of it, or they were fired because of it.
so you want to fire them... you don't want them to work.. and you don't want them to get assistance...

just say it: anyone who drinks alcohol, smokes, or does anything you don't like should starve to death

so you want to fire them... you don't want them to work.. and you don't want them to get assistance...

just say it: anyone who drinks alcohol, smokes, or does anything you don't like should starve to death
I don't own a business, I'm making the argument that a business owner could fire them or not hire them if he wanted to. Look at my first post in this thread....and I stand by that.

yeah that too.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Which is very little, sorry... hey... keep smoking pot. Whatever.

Funny thing is, my own mother is downright against Legalization, but she has no problem with people who have serious conditions to use it as a Medicinal purpose.

I'm all for legalization. Yes, I'm a smoker myself, smoke everyday before i go to bed, why? Well, It's the end of the day i don't have to worry about doing anything, i don't have to drive high, etc...

Just sit back relax and pass out.

But, I've quit this past weekend, due to the fact I have a small misdemeanor of possession. Wanna know how much I had? about 2 grams. And they still gave me a ticket. Seriously, 2 grams? I wasn't even smoking it at the time.

If your not in favor of Legalization then at least be in favor of decriminalizing it to a point. For example, In California if your caught with less then an Oz they don't even bother, they either take it away or just let you keep it. (If I'm not mistaken) I know in Canada they don't give a shit.

It's silly when a little bag of pot can get you in trouble..

Last edited:
Palin and Paul are for decrim. They both realize we have more important shit to do with our tax dollars.

My husband is a Disabled Vet. The federal government, the VA, sent my husband a note in the mail, giving him notification that Maine passed the legalization of Medical Marijuana here and that if he needed help getting his State Medical use card or wanted to talk to his VA doctor about getting it blah blah bla.....

YET, medicinal marijuana use is STILL against FEDERAL law....

so WHY THE HECK would the federal VA be teaching the hubby how to go about and getting it Prescribed?

It also said the VA would be a dispensary of medical marijuana in our State????

I told the hubby he should inquire about it on his next va appointment, but he said no way, Jose! hahahahahahahahaha!

marijuana has been decriminalized in Maine as well.....up to 2 ounces on hand if caught is not a crime....I believe? there are fines and confiscation though.

yeah that too.

They'd better not do anything to you.

Forum List

Back