Proof that Bush backers don't know the enemy from a hole in the ground

No matter how badly I kicked the snot out of my brother INSIDE the house, NOBODY laid a hand on him OUTSIDE the house without going through me.

no one had better ever insult America in my presence. I am, and have always been more patriotic than most folks. Our president, however,is not a symbol of America (nor is he my BROTHER)...he is a man reelected by a thin majority of voters after having been elected by a thin minority of voters the first time. I love my country, but that sure as hell does not mean that I have to love the moron some of you voted for. In fact, his presence in the oval office profoundly embarrasses me.

i didn't say what you claim....

why are you afraid to defend your country....

George Bush is not "my country". He's an elected representative, who I am free to criticize where ever and when ever I want.

The old Soviet Union used to prohibit their citizens from criticizing Dear Leader, when they went abroad. In fact, they had KBG agents follow them around, to make sure they didn't. IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?

I hear Brit friends here criticize Tony Blair all the time. That makes me think they don't like Tony Blair and/or his policies. It doesn't make me think they hate their motherland, England

Adults understand the distinction.

George Bush is not "my country". He's an elected representative, who I am free to criticize where ever and when ever I want.

The old Soviet Union used to prohibit their citizens from criticizing Dear Leader, when they went abroad. In fact, they had KBG agents follow them around, to make sure they didn't. IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?

I hear Brit friends here criticize Tony Blair all the time. That makes me think they don't like Tony Blair and/or his policies. It doesn't make me think they hate their motherland, England

let me know when you become an adult and i will explain all this to you.....

that is exactly correct. manu1959 has done nothing to demonstrate any maturity whatsoever in this thread..... he has just tossed out insults and ridiculous unsupportable comparisons.

He has a lot of gall questioning YOUR adulthood!

that is exactly correct. manu1959 has done nothing to demonstrate any maturity whatsoever in this thread..... he has just tossed out insults and ridiculous unsupportable comparisons.

He has a lot of gall questioning YOUR adulthood!

gee what a shock .... all the manners of a child interrupting and then claiming the moral high ground ....

gee what a shock .... all the manners of a child interrupting and then claiming the moral high ground ....

you were the one who ran away from your ridiculous assertion that Reagan running away from Beirut in the dead of night like a frightened girlieman was no worse than Carter trying to rescue the hostages and having an equipment failure foil his effort.

I spanked you hard on three points you tried to make in that reply and you have YET to even acknowledge it.....

"manners of a child"?

how about:

"testicles of a eunuch"?

you were the one who ran away from your ridiculous assertion that Reagan running away from Beirut in the dead of night like a frightened girlieman was no worse than Carter trying to rescue the hostages and having an equipment failure foil his effort.

I spanked you hard on three points you tried to make in that reply and you have YET to even acknowledge it.....

"manners of a child"?

how about:

"testicles of a eunuch"?

no that was your assertion ....i agreed.....

i agreed with both and asked a question that you have yet to answer....

your last query confirms my original assertions concerning your lack of manners....

and, pray tell, what question of yours have I not answered?

I do not know what you are talking about but may very well have missed it.

Please ask it again and I will reply forthwith.

So Maineman, the proclaimed "expert" on Lebanon and the two main factions of Islam thinks we SHOULD have stayed in Beirut and fight in THAT civil war, BUT we should not stay and help Iraq, because it may be a civil war. Got it.

and, pray tell, what question of yours have I not answered?

I do not know what you are talking about but may very well have missed it.

Please ask it again and I will reply forthwith.

thank you for your offer ..... yet i do not require that all my querries be addressed.....and to be frank, it is of no longer of any importance to me....

so...if you agree that running away when 250 of your men are slaughtered is much more harmful than trying to rescue your embassy staff and having your attempt foiled by equipment problems, why did you bring up Carter's failed rescue attempt and not Reagan's profound cowardice in Beirut?

So Maineman, the proclaimed "expert" on Lebanon and the two main factions of Islam thinks we SHOULD have stayed in Beirut and fight in THAT civil war, BUT we should not stay and help Iraq, because it may be a civil war. Got it.

the us made no such distinction in bosnia....but did in somalia.....and for a time in rawanda....and a time here and there....seems not to matter the politics of the US president.......whom the US decides to ignor

I think nothing of the sort. I think that we should have responded in some assertive way to the slaughter of our marines.... just like I think we should have responded in some assertive way to 9/11. For that reason, I was totally behind president bush when he invaded afghanistan as a result.

I merely point out that republicans want to make a big deal about Carter's failed rescue attempt and Clinton's response to Somalia or the embassy bombings or the USS Cole and try to suggest that it was THOSE events that gave islamic extremists the idea that we did not have the stomach for a fight, when Reagan had sent them that message loud and clear a quarter of a century ago, but yet republicans still hold up that tired old B movie actor as a fucking fearless god.

then why bring it up?

i didn't ... if you recall .... i was not speaking with you ... as you pointed out i had been ignoring you ..... then you interrupted and insulted me....and claimed i had not responded to you ..... i pointed out neither had you ....

it would seem you want to answer the question ....

no one had better ever insult America in my presence. I am, and have always been more patriotic than most folks. Our president, however,is not a symbol of America (nor is he my BROTHER)...he is a man reelected by a thin majority of voters after having been elected by a thin minority of voters the first time. I love my country, but that sure as hell does not mean that I have to love the moron some of you voted for. In fact, his presence in the oval office profoundly embarrasses me.

QFT. I recently went to Australia and experienced a fair bit of Anti-Americanism. Mostly against American politics.

i didn't ... if you recall .... i was not speaking with you ... as you pointed out i had been ignoring you ..... then you interrupted and insulted me....and claimed i had not responded to you ..... i pointed out neither had you ....

it would seem you want to answer the question ....

again... then repeat the question, please.

Forum List

Back