Proof that Bush backers don't know the enemy from a hole in the ground

no wonder you voted for kerry

I reluctantly voted for Kerry because the republican option was - and remains - a total moron who has succeeded in only one thing: driving the bus over the cliff and straight towards hell.

Carter TRIED to rescue the hostages. Reagan ran away with his tail between his legs like a nutless girlieman.

Many in the Islamic world have disliked America for as long as we have supported Israel. The REST of the world started hating us when the bumbling cowboy came to town.

so trying and failing is better than running away....got it...

so islamic world has hated us since the 40's....got it

who used to like us that hates us now....

I reluctantly voted for Kerry because the republican option was - and remains - a total moron who has succeeded in only one thing: driving the bus over the cliff and straight towards hell.

they are both morons......i seem to recall kerry talking tough same as bush....i seem to recall he voted for the war.....

i would think we would have gone to war either way....

so trying and failing is better than running away....got it...

so islamic world has hated us since the 40's....got it

who used to like us that hates us now....

1. You honestly think that running away like a coward when your troops are attacked is a better option than trying to rescue hostages?

2. Yes.... the islamic world is furious with our continued support of Israel and has been since the very beginning. When was the last time you were in the middle east?

3. when was the last time you were in Europe? While in Rome in March, my wife and I both wore "I didn't vote for Bush" buttons and received standing ovations in nearly every restaurant we dined in. I couldn't BUY a drink. My boss was on a business trip to Spain in the spring and reported similar widespread anti-American sentiment. My best friend went to Paris last fall: same thing.

1. You honestly think that running away like a coward when your troops are attacked is a better option than trying to rescue hostages?

For some...yes. Some even believe that we should capitulate before the war is even over!

2. Yes.... the islamic world is furious with our continued support of Israel and has been since the very beginning. When was the last time you were in the middle east?

I suspect that the medievil mentality that is so prevalent in the Middle East and the rest of the islamic world is furious with the US for more than its support of Israel.

3. when was the last time you were in Europe? While in Rome in March, my wife and I both wore "I didn't vote for Bush" buttons and received standing ovations in nearly every restaurant we dined in. I couldn't BUY a drink. My boss was on a business trip to Spain in the spring and reported similar widespread anti-American sentiment. My best friend went to Paris last fall: same thing. It will be a cold day in hell when I worry about European opinion...

Just to make it clear...I detest the UN, think Europeans are arrogant self centered losers (which makes them appear so much like our homegrown libs!) and really believe that most of the Islamic world is right out of the 12th century.

Carter TRIED to rescue the hostages. Reagan ran away with his tail between his legs like a nutless girlieman.

Many in the Islamic world have disliked America for as long as we have supported Israel. The REST of the world started hating us when the bumbling cowboy came to town.

Bullshit. You need to make up your mind. Did we need to embroil ourselves in another Nation's civil war then, but not now? Reagan's choices were withdraw or engage. Since there was nothing to gain by engaging, what would have been the point?

We'd have just seen the "Bush lied" rhetoric two and a half decades sooner.

3. when was the last time you were in Europe? While in Rome in March, my wife and I both wore "I didn't vote for Bush" buttons and received standing ovations in nearly every restaurant we dined in. I couldn't BUY a drink. My boss was on a business trip to Spain in the spring and reported similar widespread anti-American sentiment. My best friend went to Paris last fall: same thing.

I think waiting 6 months to try with a Keystone Kops routine is NOT a viable option at all.

I thinks it's rather detestable that you would wear a t-shirt like that in a foreign nation. When does the Nation come before petty partisan politics?

I think waiting 6 months to try with a Keystone Kops routine is NOT a viable option at all.

I thinks it's rather detestable that you would wear a t-shirt like that in a foreign nation. When does the Nation come before petty partisan politics?

The ends always justify any means, Maineman has been VERY clear about that. Other liberals have skirted the issue pretending they do not do that, but most of them agree, any action, any offense, anything that furthers their goals is acceptable.

they weren't T-shirts..they were buttons... and "detestable" is a bit stong, don't you think? I never put anything ahead of my NATION....but I feel quite comfortable expressing my opinion about our president. I don't know about YOU,but I always felt that the freedoms guaranteed in our constitution was what I was serving to protect.

Re:RGS:

I have NEVER said that any action, any offense, anything that furthers my party's goals is acceptable.

He is a liar.

no surprise there.

i go back to the continent every few years and we have never been popular with the eruo trash for as far back as i can remember....and that goes back to my first trip in 76....

since you seem to enjoy taking the piss out of world leaders....next time you are in england tell someone in the pub that the queen is a dodgey old bitch then try to make it to the door....

they weren't T-shirts..they were buttons... and "detestable" is a bit stong, don't you think? I never put anything ahead of my NATION....but I feel quite comfortable expressing my opinion about our president. I don't know about YOU,but I always felt that the freedoms guaranteed in our constitution was what I was serving to protect.

Re:RGS:

I have NEVER said that any action, any offense, anything that furthers my party's goals is acceptable.

He is a liar.

no surprise there.

No matter how badly I kicked the snot out of my brother INSIDE the house, NOBODY laid a hand on him OUTSIDE the house without going through me.

my wife and I both wore "I didn't vote for Bush" buttons and received standing ovations in nearly every restaurant we dined in. I couldn't BUY a drink.

LOL

Well done! That's so funny. Heck, I'd make sure people knew I didn't vote for this Moron too. Adults and educated people know there's a difference between loving your country, and expressing a political opinion about a president. The least popular president in modern history by the way.

Judging by the reactions your getting, a lot of people don't make a distinction between America, and a elected politician.

i go back to the continent every few years and we have never been popular with the eruo trash for as far back as i can remember....and that goes back to my first trip in 76....

since you seem to enjoy taking the piss out of world leaders....next time you are in england tell someone in the pub that the queen is a dodgey old bitch then try to make it to the door....

You seem to have a hard time distingushing between American government policies, and individual american citizens.

You are so wrong. There have and always will be some backlash against american government policies in Europe. However, Europeans, by and large, admire and like americans. Maybe they have a problem with you, personally. But, that is probably to do with intangible things: personality, hygiene, manners, whatever.

Broadly speaking, europeans like and admire american citizens. They admire much about our popular culture and our innovativeness. I've never met a european who disliked me, or any of my american colleagues and american friends. Its great to hang out with Danes, Italians, Spaniards, Norwegians, Germans. I've always had a great time working with them, and hanging out with them. Or going to school with them.

If you found that europeans disliked you when you went there, its far more likely to do with your personality, hygiene, manners, or some other intangible factor. Its not because they dislike american citizens in general.

yes and no.

technically, the fatwa did not declare war against the united states, per se, but only on the Americans who were occupying Saudi Arabia.

Now clearly, a nation state could not get away with that distinction, but it really is not too different from the Moral Majority declaring war against homosexuality.

Well the Americans that they killed ARE technically dead are were not occupying Saudi Arabia so al qaeda must be confused about who the real enemy is.

and yes----the war al qaeda declared on Americans is MUCH different than any "war" on homosexuality. How ignorant are you ? You're not really buying your own crap are you?

You seem to have a hard time distingushing between American government policies, and individual american citizens.

You are so wrong. There have and always will be some backlash against american government policies in Europe. However, Europeans, by and large, admire and like americans. Maybe they have a problem with you, personally. But, that is probably to do with intangible things: personality, hygiene, manners, whatever.

Broadly speaking, europeans like and admire american citizens. They admire much about our popular culture and our innovativeness. I've never met a european who disliked me, or any of my american colleagues and american friends. Its great to hang out with Danes, Italians, Spaniards, Norwegians, Germans. I've always had a great time working with them, and hanging out with them. Or going to school with them.

If you found that europeans disliked you when you went there, its far more likely to do with your personality, hygiene, manners, or some other intangible factor. Its not because they dislike american citizens in general.

i didn't say what you claim....

why are you afraid to defend your country....

I would never insult the queen.... she is a figure head beyond reproach.

I can remember being IN a bar in London and expressing my disdain for Harold Wilson and all that happened was the start of a vigorous debate where many of the brits took my side, and many didn't.

I notice that you ran away from your idiotic suggestion that Ronnie Reagan running away from Beirut was no worse than Carter trying to save our hostages. wise retreat on your part.

Forum List

Back