Progressives always talk about mininum wage

1157432_604432012942664_341781483_n.jpg

From 2001 until the 2008 economic crash regardless of what the rigged CPI shows. Oil, Land, Houses, Utilities, Cotton, Corn, Wheat, Soybeans, Silver, Gold & Copper, Food, Water, Electricity, Sewer, Property Taxes, etc all rose more than 8.5% per year over that period. It was definatly not wage push inflation, it was all Wall-street & Government debt money creation. They stole the wealth from the workers that created it.

farmland-prices.gif

gold-price-since-1970s.png

Oil, Land, Houses, Utilities, Cotton, Corn, Wheat, Soybeans, Silver, Gold & Copper, Food, Water, Electricity, Sewer, Property Taxes, etc all rose more than 8.5% per year over that period.

Gold & Copper, Food, Water, Electricity, Sewer, Property Taxes, etc all rose more than 8.5% per year over that period.

Any back up for that claim?

It was definatly not wage push inflation, it was all Wall-street & Government debt money creation.

What about Main Street money creation?

They stole the wealth from the workers that created it.

By taking out HELOCs and defaulting on mortgages?

oh, please, just don't LIE.

If one will live as THEY lived - it is still possible on one salary and not a big one.

We lived that way, though we had 2 cars - for 4 years, 4 people on one salary of ~40K.

Actually, I wonder if Toddster is right about the Federal Reserve.

It's not the fiat currency itself that caused the problem, but the Leviathan expansion of government and spending and debt (which is enabled by fiat currency) that is the problem.

Toddster, would you return to sound money, or advocate free banking?

From 2001 until the 2008 economic crash regardless of what the rigged CPI shows. Oil, Land, Houses, Utilities, Cotton, Corn, Wheat, Soybeans, Silver, Gold & Copper, Food, Water, Electricity, Sewer, Property Taxes, etc all rose more than 8.5% per year over that period. It was definatly not wage push inflation, it was all Wall-street & Government debt money creation. They stole the wealth from the workers that created it.

farmland-prices.gif
gold-price-since-1970s.png
Historic-Oil-Price-Graph.gif
RealHousePricesMar2011-1024x683.jpg
brent_gasoline_jun_12.gif
cotton-price.png
77-QSI-4-Water-EI-Water-poverty-Figure-2.jpg
corn.jpg

all rose more than 8.5% per year over that period

Looks like a few did, a few didn't and you're missing a few.
Was that supposed to be proof of your claim?

It's not the fiat currency itself that caused the problem, but the Leviathan expansion of government and spending and debt (which is enabled by fiat currency) that is the problem.

Sound money, what's that?

Free banking? You mean any bank can issue money?

Gold, Silver, [any other stable commodity], back money.

Free banking, yes, as in the free market determines and creates competition between private currencies, fiat and commodity back currencies alike.

Government's only role would to be to ensure there was no fraud.

Last edited:

Free banking, yes, as in the free market determines and creates competition between private currencies, fiat and commodity back currencies alike.

Government's only role would to be to ensure there was no fraud.

None of those are stable.

Free banking, yes, as in the free market determines and creates competition between private currencies,

So my employer pays me in JPMorgan Chase $s, my bank charges me Wells Fargo $s for my mortgage, McDonalds charges me Citigroup $s for a Big Mac?

When I go to a department store, their register has to calculate their prices in hundreds (more?) of different currencies, instantly? How would they make change?

Sounds a little clunky.

American workers, collectively, make all the money for companies that do commerce in the United States of America.

I see you didn't bother to click the link and get educated, so let me help.

1. CPI doesn't factor that 80% of the population lives within 200 miles of water.

2. CPI doesn't factor in fluctuations of rent.

3. CPI doesn't factor in ounces for packaged food have decreased since 1970. For instance, a large box of corn flakes weighs less today than then, so a consumer has to buy more often.

4. CPI doesn't factor in the disproportionate costs of buying a home where the 80% live vs. the 20%.

Which is the problem, everyone should. 1970, 0.26/pound, 2013, $8.00/pound.

Which again is the problem. $4,000.00 in 1970. $25,000.00 in 2013.

I NEVER wrote that things were 'glorious' in 1970. I have pointed out that buying power of the middle class is far less than in 1970.

Most of corporate America IS 'eeeeeevil', and the American worker IS being screwed.

Most households could live on a one person income. Mom stayed home.

1970 was per-disposable electronics.

Most had money left over after the bills were paid. 1970 was pre-income/cost disproportionate days.

3. CPI doesn't factor in ounces for packaged food have decreased since 1970. For instance, a large box of corn flakes weighs less today than then, so a consumer has to buy more often.

You think the government measures inflation by the box, without regard to weight? LOL!

If the oz per unit is less, you have to buy it more often thus increasing food costs.

You think the government measures inflation by the box, without regard to weight? LOL!

If the oz per unit is less, you have to buy it more often thus increasing food costs.

CPI is based on cost per ounce, not number of trips you make.

When I go to a department store, their register has to calculate their prices in hundreds (more?) of different currencies, instantly? How would they make change?

Sounds a little clunky.

It's more likely every region would have a few currencies, two or three local currencies, one or two currencies that their State uses, and three or four different currencies the federal government uses.

Government would still have a strong influence on currency even in a free banking society, because the currency that the government itself uses will be dominant; even if there was a constitutional provision banning the collection of taxes in any specified/favored currency.

Then you have deferred compensation which you can invest in the property you live, family trusts, corporate identity in a non taxed state, etc., etc., etc. Which brings the number less than you pay.

Utter bullshit.

This is a bad forum to try to bluff your way through on.

Deferred compensation is usually in the form of stock options. You cannot invest the option to buy at a frozen price, in real property. SINCE you have no grasp of the terms you employ, you don't realize how absurd your claims are, nor how ignorant you reveal yourself to be.

Go smoke another bong load and yearn for another OWS shitter rally.

Forum List

Back