Progressive Greatest Perversion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CrusaderFrank, Jan 14, 2012.

1. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,991
    Nowhere is the perversion of Progressive ideology greater than in how they handle their greatest successes.

For example, when they win the call their nation the "Peoples Republic" (China, North Korea and Vietnam). Of course, the people in these "People Republics" are nothing but slaves to an all powerful government. Until the governments adopted Free Market reforms, people starved by the million.

In the USA, we are, or were, a genuine People's Republic, our Constitution limited the power and reach of the government. And what do Progressives seek to do here? To undermine the people freedoms in the one genuine Peoples Republic on the planet and have an all-powerful government that will control and direct every human activity, just like the Progressive Peoples Republic of China, Korea and Vietnam

It's perverted.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Dot Com

Dot Com Nullius in verba Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,270
    Progressivism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. Dragon

Dragon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +579
    CrusaderFrank is a liar.

4. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,773
    One of the progressive perversions is subterfuge. Progressives won't even admit to being liberals. They get into the greenie movement and pervert it to the point that the green movement becomes anti-American.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. Dragon

Dragon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +579
    Whitehall is not a liar, I think. Just a fool.

Where did you get the idea that progressives have a problem with being called "liberal"?
    Why do you think the environmentalist movement has been "infiltrated" by progressives, when it obviously is, itself, progressive? What makes you call it anti-American?

6. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    When the politics of the environment is more important than protecting the environment, then, yea.... I'd suggest that is a problem. It sickens me, as someone who cares very much for the environment, that I cannot do so without ascribing to some asinine political views along with it.

Hence the term 'watermelon' is given to those who use the environment for political gain. If those people actually cared about the environment, they would not use it for politics.

7. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    Your kidding right??

You guys hate it when your pointed out to be 'liberal'. There was several threads here recently about the fact that you all want to be called 'progressive' now :eusa_eh:

As for the environmental movement, its anti-capitalist and a joke! It has become a religion rather than a science.
    Sure we need regulations, but MY GAWD... the red tape and beaurocratic BS you have to wade thru is flat ridiculous.

But you 'libs' love big gov't.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  8. Dragon

Dragon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +579
    A more specific allegation was made, which was that the environmental movement has been "infiltrated" by "progressives" and has become "anti-American." I won't try to argue that all positions taken by environmentalists make sense in terms of protecting the environment or resource husbandry; there is a range of intelligence and rationality in the movement as there is everywhere.

But this thread is founded on a lie that equates progressives/liberals with Communists. That's just bullshit, always has been, and today it's not even politically sensible bullshit, the Cold War having ended more than twenty years ago. Anyone born in the 1980s who saw that allegation wouldn't even call it a lie, as I do, they'd just go, "Huh? What the fuck are you talking about?"

The same is true of the term "Watermelon" that you so love to use. The implication that environmentalists are really Communists in disguise is nonsense. Unlike most people on this forum I suspect, I've actually studied Marx, Engels, Lenin, etc. and have some understanding of what Communism is about, and I can tell the difference easily. The allegation was always a lie, capitalizing on the irrational fear of Communism that prevailed during the Cold War (irrational not because Communism wasn't a bad system, but because its chances of being implemented here were, and remain, zero). Because of that widespread fear, it was a politically useful lie in those days, a way to smear anything liberal. But with the end of the Cold War, it isn't even that.

9. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    The term is not used to describe ALL environmentalists. It is used to describe those who deliberately use the movement for political gain. Such as Van Jones - classic example of a 'watermelon man'.

I dislike the theft of any just cause for partisan political reasons.... there are things, such as the environment, that should be above hacks abusing it for political gain.

I suspect you accept it, because it does not adversely affect you... but it does me. And that is not right.

10. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +819
    .....And, he's runnin'-outta-gas, fast!!

If you'll notice, he's (now) resorted to spinning Absolutes.....with zero supporting-data.

It surely does take a lotta faith to be a "conservative"....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtTNrHAVwOM]Lou Reed Busload Of Faith (HQ) - YouTube[/ame]​