Prof: College campuses are not free speech areas

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
A Fresno State University professor was recently caught on camera scrubbing pro-life message off of the sidewalk and encouraging several of his students to do the same.

“The whole idea of free speech is that we have a free speech area on campus, kay?” Professor Gregory Thatcher erroneously declares in a video recorded by the school’s Students for Life chapter. “Free speech is free speech in the free speech area. It’s a pretty simple concept, okay? This does not constitute a free speech area, okay?”

Prof: ‘College Campuses Are Not Free Speech Areas’
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't figure this out then the world of Free America is passing you by real fast. Before you even realize it.

A Fresno State University professor was recently caught on camera scrubbing pro-life message off of the sidewalk and encouraging several of his students to do the same.

“The whole idea of free speech is that we have a free speech area on campus, kay?” Professor Gregory Thatcher erroneously declares in a video recorded by the school’s Students for Life chapter. “Free speech is free speech in the free speech area. It’s a pretty simple concept, okay? This does not constitute a free speech area, okay?”

Prof: ‘College Campuses Are Not Free Speech Areas’
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't figure this out then the world of Free America is passing you by real fast. Before you even realize it.

Well what places are "free speech" places? I mean, I go into your home, you can decide whether I can say something or not. The same for any university.

Well what places are "free speech" places? I mean, I go into your home, you can decide whether I can say something or not. The same for any university.

Public Universities are not a private home, and private universities need to stop pretending to be institutions that challenge a persons thinking ability if they think that they win discussions by simply banning their opposition.

Our universities and colleges today are not worthy of the name and are inferior diploma mills that are primarily driven by greed and a desire for more profit.

Forum List

Back