‘Pro-Troop' Charity Repeatedly Misled Donors, Funneled Millions To Tea Partiers

Move America Forward receives a rating of 0 stars from charitynavigator.org:

Charity Navigator Rating - Move America Forward

So Charity Navigator is giving Move America Forward 0 stars,

and yet gives Wounded Warriors 4 stars, and you people can still simply, blindly, insist that there can't possibly be anything wrong with this 'charity' for soldiers?

WHY?

Because for all too many, ideology trumps EVERYTHING.

To them there is no right. There is no wrong. No good. No evil. No patriotism. No compassion. Only my wing of my party. Nothing else matters.

Yes it does, you choose not to see it. And a little info for you about pro publica, the founders helped cause and profitted wildly from the subprime mortgage crisis, helped fund moveon.org, ACORN, Project Vote, the new ACORN, the*American Institute for Social Justice, the*Center for American Progress, the*Center for Community Change, the*Drum Major Institute for Public Policy,Environmental Defense,*Media Matters for America, the*Natural Resources Defense Council,*Pew Charitable Trusts, the*Tides Foundation & Tides Center. And they are known for their hit pieces on the right.
Move America Forward responds to Pro Publica report « Hot Air
most every accusation is a lie, of course. Too bad you just assumed it was true, or rather I bet you didn't care whether it was true or not, just jumping for joy you had a hit piece you could put out there.

The response doesn't disprove anything.

Seriously, rdean? Did you really think that is a US Marine Corp.mil site?
"EIN News is unique among internet companies for the simple fact that it survived the "dot com" bust and continues to thrive. Since its founding, EIN News has grown to over 25 full-time employees, which includes IT engineers and editors, as well as customer service and sales departments. Our corporate offices are in Washington, DC, USA, while our editing and support staff are located in Prague, Czech Republic."
well, here comes the SMEARS and using our vets to do it they could care less

and again they are suggesting THE IRS go after WE THE people for their Political vendettas

they did this same thing with Sean Hannity folks.

don't let these people ruin a good cause for their dirty hate politics against the Tea Party

you and Huffingtonpost all crawl lower than a snake

the hufferpufferpost and cult members should move to Iran, North Korea, China, none of you deserve to have Freedom

You didn't mention the link from the U.S. Marine Corps News. I guess you think Marines are snakes too?

?Pro-troop? conservative charity mainly exists to funnel money to Tea Party Express founder - U.S. Marine Corps News Today

Yes it does, you choose not to see it. And a little info for you about pro publica, the founders helped cause and profitted wildly from the subprime mortgage crisis, helped fund moveon.org, ACORN, Project Vote, the new ACORN, the*American Institute for Social Justice, the*Center for American Progress, the*Center for Community Change, the*Drum Major Institute for Public Policy,Environmental Defense,*Media Matters for America, the*Natural Resources Defense Council,*Pew Charitable Trusts, the*Tides Foundation & Tides Center. And they are known for their hit pieces on the right.
Move America Forward responds to Pro Publica report « Hot Air
most every accusation is a lie, of course. Too bad you just assumed it was true, or rather I bet you didn't care whether it was true or not, just jumping for joy you had a hit piece you could put out there.

You're dismissing propublica as biased only minutes after you linked to hotair.com for what you claim is credible information?

oh my.

Why would anyone donate to any charity that appears to be burning up almost half your donation in overhead, advertising, administration, and who knows what?

How can partisan derangement trump that?

Oh, right, because it IS derangement...

Hot air posted legitimate facts dispelling the lies, after they also reported on the propublica report. You will note, they have been audited by the IRS (no surprise there) and found to be in compliance.

You're dismissing propublica as biased only minutes after you linked to hotair.com for what you claim is credible information?

oh my.

You do know who initiated the IRS audit on them, right? A Democratic Senator.. Too bad for him, they were found to be in compliance.

Hot air posted legitimate facts dispelling the lies, after they also reported on the propublica report. You will note, they have been audited by the IRS (no surprise there) and found to be in compliance.

oh my.

Oh so now you wish to change your position to,

the source is not relevant.

Hmmm...you and quite a few others here seemed to think it was relevant when you thought you could just dismiss the information provided against MFA by attacking the source.

oh my.

Maybe you should actually read the propublica report before you accuse them of lying.

You do know who initiated the IRS audit on them, right? A Democratic Senator.. Too bad for him, they were found to be in compliance.

Compliance has nothing to do with ethical does it? I can solicit you for a few or several hundred bucks and tell you it will help feed hungry kids within a 50 mile radius of your home and promise you our non profit group will purchase and deliver the food in person, guaranteed, promise on a bible. After receiving your hard earned money to feed hungry kids I can proceed to the filling station and fill my vehicle with fuel, stop by the nicest restaurant in town for a steak and lobster lunch, pay myself whatever I have determined I want my daily pay to be and finally, after having a few cocktails with one of my coworkers at a "meeting" held at the bar of the local saloon, stop for a quick pick up at the fast food joint down the street for a couple of buckets of greasy chicken and some lard laced biscuits for the local battered women's shelter or whatever NPO that has kids living at its facilities. I would be in compliance.

Pro-Troop Charity Misleads Donors While Lining Political Consultants’ Pockets

Move America Forward has collected millions to send care packages to U.S. troops. But its appeals often rely on images and stories borrowed without permission, and its assets have been used to benefit political consulting firms and PACs.

Much More: Pro-Troop Charity Misleads Donors While Lining Political Consultants' Pockets - ProPublica

Is this all smoke and no fire? That remains to be seen...

Pro-Troop Charity Misleads Donors While Lining Political Consultants’ Pockets

Move America Forward has collected millions to send care packages to U.S. troops. But its appeals often rely on images and stories borrowed without permission, and its assets have been used to benefit political consulting firms and PACs.

Much More: Pro-Troop Charity Misleads Donors While Lining Political Consultants' Pockets - ProPublica

Is this all smoke and no fire? That remains to be seen...

Well when you see how much of the donations actually go to veterans, it's a disgrace.

Sadly, the ones that will suffer from this hit piece is our troops.

they don't care about that. They did this same thing with Hannity and his charity to the troops

if they can smear and try to destroy anything associated with Republican/conservative

the troops are collateral damage to them

Sadly, the ones that will suffer from this hit piece is our troops.

they don't care about that. They did this same thing with Hannity and his charity to the troops

if they can smear and try to destroy anything associated with Republican/conservative

the troops are collateral damage to them

In reality - steering donations away from THIS "charity" and towards other legitimate charities for veterans will help veterans.

And that's the bottom line isn't it? Helping veterans?

Forum List

Back