Pro-Illegal Immigrations Forces Unite

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Time for the opposition to also.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060325...U1Quk0A;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Concerned enough to post the whole deal. There are links at site

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/004840.htm

3. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    true, everyone does deserve the right to better life. but theres a right way and a wrong way. thats like saying everyone deserves a million dollars, heres a gun theres a bank, git r done

4. SweetBoy

SweetBoy Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the extreme measures we are hearing about. Keep in mind that many pollsters believe that the small Democratic Hispanic majority, i.e., the large minority, helped push GWB over the top in 2004. Certainly McCain believes it and possibly Rove. The middle ground here is possibly the most politically smart route to take. This is not just about California and Texas.

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Nope--It's a power struggle between politicians who both want illegals here for different reasons. Legal Americans are getting the shaft with no help in sight.

6. SweetBoy

SweetBoy Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, it is a struggle, but just keep in mind that it took a lot of doing on Bush's part to sway this community, which by all rights should be clearly and unequivocally in the liberal Democratic camp. By tradition, liberals sway minorities, especially the new and the poor. This issue may cause regression, depending upon how it is handled.

Look at it this way. We have the cheapest and best food in the world. Immigrants contribute to that. I wish I could remember the source, but this is not the first time that there has been an antiimmigrant movement centered in the southwest. They have come and gone. In the best of times, immigrants from Mexico, in particular, were welcome because they were needed. They crossed legally at formal border crossings, worked the season, then returned to their families in Mexico. When the antiimmigration fervor increased, they began crossing illegally, but because of the difficulties of border crossing, they would stay instead of returning to Mexico and their families. The guest worker concept is really a return to those best of times, because it will enable immigrant workers to return home without fear that they will have to cross a dangerous desert to return to make money in the fields and factories where they are needed.

History is just repeating itself. There may be new issues today that I am ignorant about, but McCain has got it right this time and his moderation is sorely needed.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Hey mister, you got some links to this 'history' you are talking about?

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    The idiots are on the march:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060326...P2XlKJH2ocA;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MXN1bHE0BHNlYwN0bWE-

9. SweetBoy

SweetBoy Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was some time ago. I'll try Google but in the meantime, perhaps some others can help here, especially if my memory is flawed. But I don't think it is.

10. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616

Look to Ceasar Chavez and his migrant workers... They entered and left legally to help with this. Between 1944-1964 Mexicans were recruited through the Bracero Program...

http://www.farmworkers.org/bracerop.html

They came under contract and after the Season was over were required to return to Mexico.