Pro-Illegal Immigrations Forces Unite

I can't wait to hear the screams of racism concerning this:

-----

LOS ANGELES -- Despite school lockdowns and rainy weather, some 11,000 students from nearly two dozen Los Angeles County campuses skipped school Tuesday as immigrant-rights rallies continued, leading to some arrests.

About 8,000 students from the Los Angeles Unified School District and 3,000 students from other schools countywide took part in protests Tuesday, or at least did not show up for class, LAUSD Superintendent Roy Romer said. Beginning Wednesday, LAUSD students who do not show up for school will automatically be considered truant, Romer said.

"It's one thing to have a spontaneous demonstration of free speech, but it's another to have continued absences," Romer said during a City Hall news conference Tuesday afternoon. "A parent has a legal obligation to have their youngsters in school."

Truant students could face discipline ranging from suspension to exclusion from certain school-sponsored functions, officials said.

Additionally, the Los Angeles Police Department and county Sheriff's Department will issue citations to truant students. Youths cited by law enforcement officials can face fines up to $200 and 20 days of community service, according to police Chief William Bratton.

"Our first priority is to keep our kids safe, that they need to be back in school," Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said after meeting with Romer, Bratton and Sheriff Lee Baca this afternoon. "And it's important for parents to understand that beginning today we will be strictly applying our truancy laws."

The students have been marching in opposition to a House bill, passed in December, cracking down on illegal immigration, making it a federal offense to enter or remain in the country illegally. The U.S. Senate is debating immigration legislation this week.

Baca said adults were the likely masterminds behind the protests and warned they would be prosecuted if their identities are uncovered. Villaraigosa said it remained unclear Tuesday who coordinated the school walkouts.

The protests, now in their third consecutive school day, led to some tense moments outside Carson High School, where about 200 to 300 students rallied and some clashed with sheriff's deputies.

Sgt. Nick Burns of the Compton Sheriff's Station said three juveniles were arrested. He said he did not know if they were Carson High School students or from other schools.

One was arrested for battery on a peace officer, another for resisting a peace officer and the third for disorderly conduct, he said.

In San Pedro, about 500 students marched along a stretch of the Harbor (110) Freewayleading toward the Vincent Thomas Bridge, Bratton said. Police managed to herd the youths off the freeway before they reached the bridge and cited about 100 of them for truancy.

An additional 2,000 students participated in protests in front of the Van Nuys courthouse, Bratton said.

"Their actions are causing a strain on the police department's ability to respond to emergency and non-emergency calls," Bratton said.

The student protests are also putting a strain on school district finances. Romer said districts receive state funding of about $28 per day per student who attends school. With about 8,000 students absent today, the protests cost the LAUSD roughly $224,000.

http://www.nbc4.tv/education/8312992/detail.html

GotZoom said:
I can't wait to hear the screams of racism concerning this:

-----

LOS ANGELES -- Despite school lockdowns and rainy weather, some 11,000 students from nearly two dozen Los Angeles County campuses skipped school Tuesday as immigrant-rights rallies continued, leading to some arrests.

About 8,000 students from the Los Angeles Unified School District and 3,000 students from other schools countywide took part in protests Tuesday, or at least did not show up for class, LAUSD Superintendent Roy Romer said. Beginning Wednesday, LAUSD students who do not show up for school will automatically be considered truant, Romer said.

"It's one thing to have a spontaneous demonstration of free speech, but it's another to have continued absences," Romer said during a City Hall news conference Tuesday afternoon. "A parent has a legal obligation to have their youngsters in school."

Truant students could face discipline ranging from suspension to exclusion from certain school-sponsored functions, officials said.

Additionally, the Los Angeles Police Department and county Sheriff's Department will issue citations to truant students. Youths cited by law enforcement officials can face fines up to $200 and 20 days of community service, according to police Chief William Bratton.

"Our first priority is to keep our kids safe, that they need to be back in school," Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said after meeting with Romer, Bratton and Sheriff Lee Baca this afternoon. "And it's important for parents to understand that beginning today we will be strictly applying our truancy laws."

The students have been marching in opposition to a House bill, passed in December, cracking down on illegal immigration, making it a federal offense to enter or remain in the country illegally. The U.S. Senate is debating immigration legislation this week.

Baca said adults were the likely masterminds behind the protests and warned they would be prosecuted if their identities are uncovered. Villaraigosa said it remained unclear Tuesday who coordinated the school walkouts.

The protests, now in their third consecutive school day, led to some tense moments outside Carson High School, where about 200 to 300 students rallied and some clashed with sheriff's deputies.

Sgt. Nick Burns of the Compton Sheriff's Station said three juveniles were arrested. He said he did not know if they were Carson High School students or from other schools.

One was arrested for battery on a peace officer, another for resisting a peace officer and the third for disorderly conduct, he said.

In San Pedro, about 500 students marched along a stretch of the Harbor (110) Freewayleading toward the Vincent Thomas Bridge, Bratton said. Police managed to herd the youths off the freeway before they reached the bridge and cited about 100 of them for truancy.

An additional 2,000 students participated in protests in front of the Van Nuys courthouse, Bratton said.

"Their actions are causing a strain on the police department's ability to respond to emergency and non-emergency calls," Bratton said.

The student protests are also putting a strain on school district finances. Romer said districts receive state funding of about $28 per day per student who attends school. With about 8,000 students absent today, the protests cost the LAUSD roughly $224,000.

http://www.nbc4.tv/education/8312992/detail.html
Why do you have to go to school to learn how to pick artichokes? :dunno:

dilloduck said:
Why do you have to go to school to learn how to pick artichokes? :dunno:

Yeah, I thought the reason we need them so much is that they'll do the jobs that are beneath everyone else.

Seriously, on one hand they're Mexican supremecists, and on the other they're happy to assign themselves the status of second-class humans. Perplexing.

theim said:
Yeah, I thought the reason we need them so much is that they'll do the jobs that are beneath everyone else.

Seriously, on one hand they're Mexican supremecists, and on the other they're happy to assign themselves the status of second-class humans. Perplexing.

Only second class for now---wait for the strikes and riots. Classic drug dealer behavior. Give it too em cheap until they are addicted.

http://americandigest.org/mt-archives/006231.php

The Big Pinata

SOMETIMES EVEN MICHELLE MALKIN misses, in THE AMERICAN FLAG COMES SECOND, what's right in front of her eyes. It's understandable that with the disturbing images of misplaced loyalties represented by the much discussed "flag issue" of the last few days, that the real symbol of Mexican illegal immigration goes unremarked. Yet, in one of the pictures on Malkin's site, it's right there in the foreground. It's the Pinata.

PINATA.jpg
The pinata is a bright candy-and-toy-filled container (generally suspended on a rope from a tree branch or ceiling) that is used during celebrations. A succession of blindfolded, stick-wielding children try to break the pinata in order to collect the candy inside of it. -- Wikipedia

I submit that America as The Big Pinata is what all this is about. It's all it ever has been about. This Mexican flag over the American flag hung upside down (Distress!) simply takes our eye off the ball, or rather, the pinata. And since pinatas are normally approached blindfolded, that's not surprising.

The kids above know, even if it is unconsciously, that the pinata is what is at stake here. What illegals from Mexico and every other country want most is unlimited chances to step over the line and take another swing at The Big Pinata. To date our border reality, if not our policy, enables that.

Those Americans who would like to think that there really is a border want the number of chances to take a swing cut back to somewhere below absolute zero. Those Americans who are consumed with the notion that self-esteem is more important than security favor unlimited swings along with policies that feed, clothe, medicate, and otherwise care for those 'wretched masses yearning to get the Big Pinata jackpot.'

Congress seems to be going for a policy which is: "Okay, kids, you get unlimited swings but, damnit, you gotta get in line, sign the guest book, and take your turn. After all, we can't have a horde of party animals just whaling away at the Big Pinata from all directions. Somebody could get hurt. And while you're waiting, could most of you please walk the dog, water the grass, take out the garbage, mind the deep fryer, give our spouses a little satisfaction in the afternoon, and do all those other dirty, little jobs that 'Americans just won't do.' You know, like coal mining."

In the meantime, it's clear that the Pinata Party is going to continue. After all, what can really shut it down? The fun's too cool. The prizes are too rich. And they're not even carding most people.

I know, I know -- a Wall; favored solution of Israel and East Germany. It'll probably happen in some form or another, but -- in the present political climate -- it's not going to happen anytime soon, mano, so be cool.

In America, just the argument about the wall is good for another five years. Then there'd have to be "legislation" for appropriation since no state is going to pay for it. That's at least two sessions of Congress right there. Then we'll have the period in which the various federal agencies will draw up the specs. Then the bidding period. Then the review of the bidding period. Then the review of the bids. Then the discovery that the winner of the bidding process is a company owned by Halliburton. Whoops, back to square one. Then the awarding of the contract. Then the beginning of the construction of a barrier that's what, a thousand miles long? Get back Great Wall of China, here's something else that can be seen from space with the naked eye.

Timeline? Ten years minimum. Fifteen in realistic terms. Twenty in Washington Time.

And guess what? The Big Pinata will still be there and the party will still be going strong, and the people will still keep a coming.

I mean, wouldn't you? If you are a person with an IQ level a few points above that of broccoli, and you want to make some money and have a good life, and you suddenly discover that, oops, you've been born in a Third World oligarchy like Mexico, without the benefit of being born into the Mexican oligarchy, you're walking north, compadre. North is where they're having the pinata party. And you don't care that the party's been walled up inside an exclusive club with a bunch of big armed bouncers manning the velvet rope and checking ID, you're going to get in somehow.

If anyone thinks a wall is magic bullet that puts our immigration problem out of its misery, they are sadly mistaken. As inventive as the means of getting in now sometimes seem (hiding people "inside" car seats, leasing children in order to become an instant familia), they will seem like amateur hour once a wall (physical, electronic, cyber) goes up. Once that's done, we're in for decades of Wile E. Coyote antics south of El Paso. Human catapults. Rent-A-Rocket Packs, Pocket Submarines, the Full Rube Goldberg.

Why? Because we've done everything possible to stop the flood except the one thing that would stop the flood: call off the party and slap the organizers of the Big Pinata Raves into jail, pronto, so they can't organize any more. And, while we're at it, we need to make sure any pinata around is empty. Yes, even if you make it and hit it, you get bubkis. Nothing falls out. After all, when a slot machine doesn't have a jackpot, nobody plays it.

Will we do it? Will we really throw the people who hand out the jobs in jail? Will we stop giving free food, shelter, medical care, education, and citizenship to babies born on American soil no matter the status of their parents? "In the present political climate," no way, Jose.

The stark reality is that for this country to get serious about immigration and controlling our borders, something else other than just a flood of illegals coming in on a daily basis has to happen. Something terrible. Something that doesn't just cost mere money and jobs, but costs lives. A lot of lives. That's the one way, the only way, that anything will be done. And what will be done then will be, well, the most terrible solution to the border problem any can imagine, and nobody wants.

Communist East Germany. Searchlights and the Stasi . With the guns pointed out and Predators high overhead.

theim said:
upsidedown.jpg

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/004869.htm

I heard about this.

And if I'd have SEEN this, I'd have marched right up to it, both my knives in hand, cut the rope and sent both flags to the ground. I wouldn't have given a DAMN about what may have happened to me by an unruley crowd. I'd have gutted the first person that tried to stop me. This old veteran just wouldn't ALLOW that to happen to MY flag.

This whole thing has me so pissed. I work with a mexican, and even though he's an American born mexican, I look at thim different now.

I'll be writing every damn congressmen and senator I can, including the President, and exclaim my extreme displeasure over this AMNESTY for illegal alliens that want to TAKE OVER MY COUNTRY. I would urge EVERYONE to do the same.... http://www.conservativeusa.org/megalink.htm

Pale Rider said:
I heard about this.

And if I'd have SEEN this, I'd have marched right up to it, both my knives in hand, cut the rope and sent both flags to the ground. I wouldn't have given a DAMN about what may have happened to me by an unruley crowd. I'd have gutted the first person that tried to stop me. This old veteran just wouldn't ALLOW that to happen to MY flag.

This whole thing has me so pissed. I work with a mexican, and even though he's an American born mexican, I look at thim different now.

I'll be writing every damn congressmen and senator I can, including the President, and exclaim my extreme displeasure over this AMNESTY for illegal alliens that want to TAKE OVER MY COUNTRY. I would urge EVERYONE to do the same.... http://www.conservativeusa.org/megalink.htm

Pissed me off too, then I read something, I believe from a vet, that the stupid kids didn't even realize they had made a statement: 'That there is a distress signal, Mexico is attempting to invade the US...' Makes a lot of sense.

Pale Rider said:
I heard about this.

Give me a break. I'm mexican. My father fought for this country in Vietnam. You';re gonna tell me I'm any less "American" then you? Here's what people like you need to understand. This land used to be Mexico. We were here before you, we'll be here after you. We're entrenched in the society of the southwest. Trying to fight it is really hopeless.

Trying to round up all of the undocumented workers in California and the rest of the southwest is silly. It'll never work, logistically. Shore up the borders, yes. Try and kick everyone that is here out, No. Let them work towards citizenship. Get them paying taxes. Deport the criminals. Let the families who work hard in this country stay and become Americans.

Any other approach is destined to fail. Come to California and look around. Who do you think is running things down here??

Si Se Puede. (can't wait for my rep to plummit after this post)

Shaggy said:
Give me a break. I'm mexican. My father fought for this country in Vietnam. You';re gonna tell me I'm any less "American" then you? Here's what people like you need to understand. This land used to be Mexico. We were here before you, we'll be here after you. We're entrenched in the society of the southwest. Trying to fight it is really hopeless.

Trying to round up all of the undocumented workers in California and the rest of the southwest is silly. It'll never work, logistically. Shore up the borders, yes. Try and kick everyone that is here out, No. Let them work towards citizenship. Get them paying taxes. Deport the criminals. Let the families who work hard in this country stay and become Americans.

Any other approach is destined to fail. Come to California and look around. Who do you think is running things down here??

You're father fought in Vietnam, so you are here legally? You want your taxes being spent on others that do not pay taxes? That want to regain the lands that were purchased from Mexico? What is it YOU are saying? :dunno:

Kathianne said:
You're father fought in Vietnam, so you are here legally? You want your taxes being spent on others that do not pay taxes? That want to regain the lands that were purchased from Mexico? What is it YOU are saying? :dunno:

Actually, I believe that all PEOPLE have the right to be treated like human beings. I dont mind that some of my taxes go towards educating the children of undocumented workers. Or to there health care. The souls of this earth have a right to basic dignity.

Like I said, shore up the borders and make sure the influx of Mexicans stop and then get the undocumented workers here in a program where they can work towards becoming citizens.

Shaggy said:

California belonged to Spain not Mexico...read a little history...1840's era Capt. Freemont won California from Spain...without a fight...from Capt.Castro( A Spanish Officer)...whom is a distant relative of mine on my grandmothers side (Dads mom) Mexico won Independence from Spain "Cinco de Mayo" ring a bell...so California was a State before Mexico became a Nation! :poke: I hold no hard feelings for my families loss of Spanish Land Grants...so what is up your... excuse me... "Butt'! :poke: In essence Mexico holds no former rights to California...end of story! And by the way if Spain held onto Mexico we would not see all this corruption and poverty in Mexico!

archangel said:
California belonged to Spain not Mexico...read a little history...1840's era Capt. Freemont won California from Spain...without a fight...from Capt.Castro( A Spanish Officer)...whom is a distant relative of mine on my grandmothers side (Dads mom) Mexico won Independence from Spain "Cinco de Mayo" ring a bell...so California was a State before Mexico became a Nation! :poke: I hold no hard feelings for my families loss of Spanish Land Grants...so what is up your excuse me "Butt'! :poke: In essence Mexico holds no former rights to California...end of story! And by the way if Spain held onto Mexico we would not see all this corruption and poverty in Mexico!

The indigenous inhabitants of the area that we consider to be the southwest inhabited these lands well before the Spanish raped, poisened, and conquered the area.

Learn your history. The people of the sun have inhabited these lands for 1000s of years. And we will continue to do so.

PS - The battle in Pueblo on cinco de mayo was actually a victory over the French army, not the spanish. SPain had long since left. The French, under Napolean III wanted to put a french prince (Maximilian) into power in Mexico. When the Mexicans won they kept Napoleon III from supplying the confederate rebels for another year, allowing the United States to build the greatest army the world had ever seen. This grand army smashed the Confederates at Gettysburg just 14 months after the battle of Puebla, essentially ending the Civil War.

Thats right, slavery ended in large part, thanks to the Mexican army.

http://www.vivacincodemayo.org/history.htm

Shaggy said:
Actually, I believe that all PEOPLE have the right to be treated like human beings. I dont mind that some of my taxes go towards educating the children of undocumented workers. Or to there health care. The souls of this earth have a right to basic dignity.

Like I said, shore up the borders and make sure the influx of Mexicans stop and then get the undocumented workers here in a program where they can work towards becoming citizens.

'All people' cannot come here. I don't doubt that we have to come up with a plan for people who've been here since the last 'amnesty', however, those that came after, those that commit crimes, should go back. The border with Mexico should be closed, while the number allowed legally should be raised. The penalties for any new illegal crossings should be draconian.

Shaggy said:
The indigenous inhabitants of the area that we consider to be the southwest inhabited these lands well before the Spanish raped, poisened, and conquered the area.

Learn your history. The people of the sun have inhabited these lands for 1000s of years. And we will continue to do so.

Now you are claiming to be maybe Aztec...LOL.."Mexican" the word comes from the interracial marriage or mating of Spanish and natives..."Mixed race" are you now claiming to be pure? :poke:

archangel said:
Now you are claiming to be maybe Aztec...LOL.."Mexican" the word comes from the interracial marriage or mating of Spanish and natives..."Mixed race" are you now claiming to be pure? :poke:

actually, I can trace my roots back to the maya.

Shaggy said:
actually, I can trace my roots back to the maya.

However what is your point? I can trace my ancestery to German,Italian,Spanish,Apache,Russian,French,and a whole lot of other countries...I am a American first and foremost! :eek2:

archangel said:
However what is your point? I can trace my ancestery to German,Italian,Spanish,Apache,Russian,French,and a whole lot of other countries...I am a American first and foremost! :eek2:

you were the one who asked bro. not me. lol... I made my points in my original posts.

Shaggy said:
you were the one who asked bro. not me. lol... I made my points in my original posts.

Carry on bro...minus the compassion for illegal aliens! I feel for them but not at the expense of my countries Middle Class...sorry!

archangel said:
Carry on bro...minus the compassion for illegal aliens! I feel for them but not at the expense of my countries Middle Class...sorry!

blaming undocumented workers for the demise of this countries middle class makes little sense. The propensities of a capitalist society and how they clash with the democratic model are more to blame.

But people need scapegoats, it appears.

Shaggy said:

PS - The battle in Pueblo on cinco de mayo was actually a victory over the French army, not the spanish. SPain had long since left. The French, under Napolean III wanted to put a french prince (Maximilian) into power in Mexico. When the Mexicans won they kept Napoleon III from supplying the confederate rebels for another year, allowing the United States to build the greatest army the world had ever seen. This grand army smashed the Confederates at Gettysburg just 14 months after the battle of Puebla, essentially ending the Civil War.

Thats right, slavery ended in large part, thanks to the Mexican army.

http://www.vivacincodemayo.org/history.htm

"Cinco de Mayo' 1810 the greater area of Mexico...revolution from Spanish occupation has nothing to do with the US Civil War..however your comments are under consideration ie:Napoleon and France....Nice try on revision of history though! :poke:

Forum List

Back