Pro abortion and Nazism

"Although few reliable statistics are available on the number of abortions performed before legalization, the numbers performed between the late 1960s and mid-1970s are believed to represent substantial increases.13 "

Did Abortion Legalization Reduce the Number Of Unwanted Children? Evidence from Adoptions

I notice the selective editing there....

The number of adoptions rose from 91,000 in 1957 to 175,000 in 1970, then fell to 130,000 by 1975; the decline of the early 1970s coincided with the legalization of abortion.10 During this period, the population of women of childbearing age (15-49) grew steadily, birthrates among unmarried women rose and total birthrates fell.11 The decline in adoptions appears most dramatic among unmarried teenagers.12 Although few reliable statistics are available on the number of abortions performed before legalization, the numbers performed between the late 1960s and mid-1970s are believed to represent substantial increases.13

Wow, the WHOLE paragraph paints a totally different picture, doesn't it?

No, it doesn't. The adoptions went down because abortions increased, you retard.

Yes it does.... Let's do the math, okay.

It is estimated that for every 2-3 live births there is one abortion.

Again, let's take the three data points you offered and compare the live birth numbers to the

1957- 4,308,000 birth - 91,000 adoptions. - 2% given up.
1970- 3,731,386 births- 175,000 adoption. - 4% given up
1975- 3,144,198 births- 130,000 adoptions - 4% given up

So between 1957 and 1970, the birth rate with abortion being illegal- actually DROPPED by 600K, while the number of adoptions doubled. which means less women were having babies, but more of them were giving them away.

Then between 1970 and 1975, the birth rate dropped another 600K, but the number of adoptions ONLY dropped 35K. The actual percentage kind of stayed the same.

So what else happened? Well, the birth control pill was introduced in the 1960's, that probably had a lot more to do with the drop in the birth rate. The number of abortions probably didn't change all that much or even went down.

You see, this is what you fail to realize. Abortion laws prior to 1970 were kind of like the prostutitions laws are today. Everyone knows where to find one, and no one was really enforcing the laws. A law that isn't enforced is just as bad as a law that doesn't exist.

The number of adoptions rose from 91,000 in 1957 to 175,000 in 1970, then fell to 130,000 by 1975; the decline of the early 1970s coincided with the legalization of abortion.10 During this period, the population of women of childbearing age (15-49) grew steadily, birthrates among unmarried women rose and total birthrates fell.11 The decline in adoptions appears most dramatic among unmarried teenagers.12 Although few reliable statistics are available on the number of abortions performed before legalization, the numbers performed between the late 1960s and mid-1970s are believed to represent substantial increases.13

No, it doesn't. The adoptions went down because abortions increased, you retard.

Again, let's take the three data points you offered and compare the live birth numbers to the

So between 1957 and 1970, the birth rate with abortion being illegal- actually DROPPED by 600K, while the number of adoptions doubled. which means less women were having babies, but more of them were giving them away.

Then between 1970 and 1975, the birth rate dropped another 600K, but the number of adoptions ONLY dropped 35K. The actual percentage kind of stayed the same.

So what else happened? Well, the birth control pill was introduced in the 1960's, that probably had a lot more to do with the drop in the birth rate. The number of abortions probably didn't change all that much or even went down.

You see, this is what you fail to realize. Abortion laws prior to 1970 were kind of like the prostutitions laws are today. Everyone knows where to find one, and no one was really enforcing the laws. A law that isn't enforced is just as bad as a law that doesn't exist.

since the pill was around for years before abortion
would not the birh rates already have that factor worked in
by 1974

Again..
to be honest we need real terms
we would need to see thr birth rate per women as well
Plus you make the assumption that all women that wanted abortions
before Roe got them

Do we have a source for that?

Last edited:
by 1974

Again..
before Roe got them

Yeah, the source is, the birth rate didn't drop in 1973. Not by much.

Which means that women who had no problem finding abortions in 1973 when they were legal had no problem finding them in 1972 when they were illegal.

by 1974

Again..
before Roe got them

Yeah, the source is, the birth rate didn't drop in 1973. Not by much.

Which means that women who had no problem finding abortions in 1973 when they were legal had no problem finding them in 1972 when they were illegal.

I can't find many real stats on this stuff

It seems you have the same issue
:eusa_angel:

While it seems logical to believe that abortions would have gone up once legal in all states
I can find no proof to prove that wrong or right, so far.

Last edited:

Not according to the Guttmacher institute. You're numbers are bogus.

The Guttmacher institute is pro-choice.

But you know what, I'm getting bored with this.

It isn't any of my business, and it isn't any of your business.

MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS. When your life is perfect,then you can come back and lecture to the rest of us.

MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS. When your life is perfect,then you can come back and lecture to the rest of us.

one could argue that pro-choice makes them bias
but it does not mean the the data is false

An ad hominem argument does not disprove anything
Again more stats would help
they are hard to find

As far as I'm concerned, the original stats i posted were enough.

Abortion was legalized, and the birth rate stayed steady. Which means there were a lot of illegal abortions happening off the books.

and frankly, I'm kind of wondering exactly what KG is trying to accomplish here? Telling people who support women's right to choose they are "just like the Nazis". Really? That wins anyone over? That makes one person change their mind.

The funny thing is, I'm not even that concerned about abortion. I was pro-life until about five years ago, when I realized that you can't make an abortion ban work, anyway. (not when you have pills that induce abortion now) and that the GOP was just manipulating pro-lifers to get working-class chrisitians to vote against their own economic interests.

But, yeah, KG, that calling everyone who disagrees with you a Nazi is really compelling..

It's compelling me to want to keep abortion legal just to spite you.

Regulated, restricted abortion will remain legal, despite the Kosher Girls of America, all nine of them.

Abortion gives the GOP another tool to bring their very conservative base together. I doubt that most republicans want it outlawed.

Abortion gives the GOP another tool to bring their very conservative base together. I doubt that most republicans want it outlawed.

Good point.

Think about the effect of just overturning Roe v. Wade. That would kick the entire issue back to the states, which means all of the millions of women who have had abortions- including Republicans, Christian and Conservative women- will be in a position of defending their choice politically.

This would be a windfall for the Democrats, as they would elect thousands of of legislators at the state level on this basis.

I've always said, if the anti-Abortion crowd was serious about reducing the number of abortions, they wouldn't be conservative on other issues. They'd support socialized medicine and generous paid family leave.

It won't stop the careless woman who thinks of abortion as birth control from having one, but it will stop the one who is worried about making the rent for the three months she has to be off.

Fuck off and die, asswad. I haven't lectured anybody, I'm just pointing out that you're a liar, and presenting fake numbers as if they mean something.

The fact you can't UNDERSTAND the numbers doesn't make them fake.

(Especially since you provided half of them).

Thankfully, a bunch of abortions will happen today, and there ain't jack-diddly you can do about it...

Regulated, restricted abortion will remain legal, despite the Kosher Girls of America, all nine of them.

If that's true, scum like you will continue to knock up underage girls and get away with it. That's ultimately the reason men take up the abortion cause.

:clap2:

If that's true, scum like you will continue to knock up underage girls and get away with it. That's ultimately the reason men take up the abortion cause.

Ignoring the fact that most men don't have sex with underage girls, the fact is, why should someone have to pay for a mistake for 18 years that neither of us wanted.

Because YOU say it's a baby? The Law doesn't. Science doesn't. Even the Bible doesn't. Common sense doesn't.

The fact is, men have no say. If she wants to keep it, the courts WILL make you pay for it. So make sure your little soldier wears his helmet...

Ignoring the fact that most men don't have sex with underage girls, the fact is, why should someone have to pay for a mistake for 18 years that neither of us wanted.

Because YOU say it's a baby? The Law doesn't. Science doesn't. Even the Bible doesn't. Common sense doesn't.

The fact is, men have no say. If she wants to keep it, the courts WILL make you pay for it. So make sure your little soldier wears his helmet...

Yeah, anyway. You've proven you're a lying propagandist who wants to see our poor minority population decimated. Thanks for admitting it.

Yeah, anyway. You've proven you're a lying propagandist who wants to see our poor minority population decimated. Thanks for admitting it.

Not sure where there was anything about "minorities" in there... but you keep tilting at those windmills.

When you support socialized medicine and a 90% tax rate on the rich to pay for all these unwanted babies, then you can come back and talk to me.

Minorities represent a disproportionate number of aborted babies, and most PP clinics are in minority neighborhoods. The founders of PP were absolutely adamant about their goal of cutting the numbers of minorities via baby killing, and hopefully sterilization. That's what you support, end of story.

Forum List

Back