Privacy.

The more interdependent society becomes and the more it depends of technology to make it work, the less privacy we can expect.

And I don't care what kind of government or economy we have that is in the nature of complex modern societies.

Then there were those pesky illegal wiretaps by ATT and Verizon at The Bush Administrations request. And that entire Patriot Act thing, recently strengthened and re authorized by 42 TP cacus members, along with the rest of the assholes.

There was nothing illegal about them.
Carry on.

Of course they were illegal.

It's amazing that people who spew shit about "freedom" and "liberty" go all in on stuff that restricts one's freedom and liberty.

I dont consider whether or not I have health insurance as "private" information. That's quite prudish.

Passwords, actual health information, etc, on the other hand? That's private.

privacy is privacy

We have the right to privacy.

Not

We have the right to privacy except....

In other words, you're one of those insane, and intellectually stunted, nuts who think that all rights are absolute, and who simply cannot comprehend anything more than an all-or-nothing mentality. Move along folks, nothing to see here.

All "government" is not the same. What you are describing is general police power. That is given to the states, not the fed gov. You have made the case to overturn Obamacare.

So, if I'm driving in D.C. and get pulled over, that's a state government action? Gee, thanks, never knew that. Same thing with my federal income taxes? Brilliant! :cuckoo:

Then there were those pesky illegal wiretaps by ATT and Verizon at The Bush Administrations request. And that entire Patriot Act thing, recently strengthened and re authorized by 42 TP cacus members, along with the rest of the assholes.

Carry on.

It's amazing that people who spew shit about "freedom" and "liberty" go all in on stuff that restricts one's freedom and liberty.

At the time most all of the right whined about "keep us safe"

Yep and they basically got a congressional legislative pardon.

Last edited:

Carry on.

And you know this because????

All "government" is not the same. What you are describing is general police power. That is given to the states, not the fed gov. You have made the case to overturn Obamacare.

So, if I'm driving in D.C. and get pulled over, that's a state government action? Gee, thanks, never knew that. Same thing with my federal income taxes? Brilliant! :cuckoo:

DC is different from the rest of the country. What do federal income taxes have to do with anything? Not like you pay them because there's no tax on living in mom's basement.

People stop buying health care? LOL yeah right after they stop buying food and having children.

So are you saying all the stories about tens of millions w/o hc is bullshit?

:lol:

People don't buy it now due to cost or just not wanting too or any other reasons.

Someone buys it, medicare, Medicaid, etc.
About 40% in my state are on medicaid, about 20% on medicare and still there are uninsured.

40% on medicaid?

You have to be crippled or on welfare to get medicaid, correct?

toss in ~ 10% UE and only half of your state can pay taxes.

that's a recipe for disaster.

So are you saying all the stories about tens of millions w/o hc is bullshit?

People don't buy it now due to cost or just not wanting too or any other reasons.

About 40% in my state are on medicaid, about 20% on medicare and still there are uninsured.

40% on medicaid?

Yes a bad situation.
So we let em die?
Many of them are unwed mothers and their children.

Last edited:
I dont consider whether or not I have health insurance as "private" information. That's quite prudish.

privacy is privacy

Not

I agree, "privacy is privacy," which is why I said that what I do and dont consider private.

And you have the right to decide what I consider private?

Do we have the right to privacy?

Seems some Dem Senators think, whole heartily that we do when it comes to private companies that ask for your FB passwords. If you don't give the pw, you don't get the job.

I agree with them, too the point that I would refuse to continue the interview process as I would never want to work for such a company. I don't even have a FB account.

Now this brings up an interesting question.

By 2015, the government can demand that you surrender your privacy by telling them if you have health ins or not. If you refuse to surrender that information, you will be fined.

ahh

Don't you just love being able to cut the irony with the hypacracy?

I'm not sure it's possible to be this obtuse without intentionally and knowingly making ridiculous comparisons. How is a group supporting privacy in one issue and ignoring it in another ridiculous?The government requires that people "surrender" information about a great many things. For example, the government requires that you have car insurance to drive, Only states, not the Fed. and you're insulting me? and requires that you "surrender" that information if you are caught forgetting to signal a turn, or throwing a cigarette butt out the window. That's b/c you were caught committing a crime. Living w/o HC issurance isn't a crime yet. The government requires other parties to report to them every year regarding how much money you make. The government scans you with radiation every time you step into a building in order to use the services provided by government. < ok, that's a touch paranoid.

If your position against the health care law is so weak that you're now having to resort to this BS about how it's an invasion of privacy, then you should consider joining the crowd that supports the law. I brought up another valid point. Sorry your concern for the Constitution is so low that you can't see that. Either that, or a circus. Because evidently, you lack any reasonable thought process to bring you to your current conclusion. Which is a shame, because there's plenty of reasonable bases upon which opposition to the health care law can be justified. So, on behalf of those of us who oppose the health care law and want an actual and realistic chance to illustrate to the majority of Americans, via sound reasoning skills and the application of at least average intelligence, that repealing the law is more desirable than maintaining it, I beg you to shut the fuck up and stop giving the rest of us a bad name.

Carry on.

Since the Patriot Act was passed, privacy got fucked.

Unconstitutional? yes, hell yes

illegal? no

Carry on.

illegal? no

The patriot act was expanded to cover the illegal wiretaps. But when they happened they were illegal.

privacy is privacy

Not

In other words, you're one of those insane, and intellectually stunted, nuts who think that all rights are absolute, and who simply cannot comprehend anything more than an all-or-nothing mentality. Move along folks, nothing to see here.

oohhh

I get it.

You want to slowly move to government tyranny instead of quickly.

and here I thought you might be reasonable.

how intellectually stunted of me

40% on medicaid?

Yes a bad situation.
So we let em die?

Spare me the "let em die" bullshit.

it's a fucking lie and you know it.

40% on medicaid?

Yes a bad situation.
So we let em die?

So who pays for their medical care?
Only emergency rooms will take anyone without insurance and who pays for that?
will emergency rooms provide prenatal care?

illegal? no

The patriot act was expanded to cover the illegal wiretaps. But when they happened they were illegal.

Anyone get arrested?

Investigated?

No?

And big 0 and the dems re-signed it, twice.

illegal? no

Anyone get arrested?

Investigated?

No?

And big 0 and the dems re-signed it, twice.

Of course no one got arrested or investigated, they did it at the request of the Bush administration who would investigate or arrest them without arresting the bush administration.

Duhhh.

Yes a bad situation.
So we let em die?

So who pays for their medical care?
Only emergency rooms will take anyone without insurance and who pays for that?
will emergency rooms provide prenatal care?

clinics take people w/o ins. That's what they are there fore.

Each local hospital and clinic has charity available for those that qualify.

My state has CHiP for kids and teens.

The adults need to grow up and learn to care for themselves. The entitlement mentality is fucking you over. No one should be forced to pay for another, healthy, adult ever.

But what does that have to do with the issue of privacy?

Forum List

Back