Privacy.

It is VERY troubling that companies are demanding social media passwords as a condition of employment. For one thing, it makes someone who doesn't participate in social medial virtually unemployable. For another, it brings up the necessity of an entirely new body of law dealing with false profile creations.

There is nothing whatsoever stopping someone from creating a totally fake facebook account with false personas, giving an employer that password and obtaining employment under such a fake profile.

The patriot act was expanded to cover the illegal wiretaps. But when they happened they were illegal.

Anyone get arrested?

Investigated?

No?

And big 0 and the dems re-signed it, twice.

Of course no one got arrested or investigated, they did it at the request of the Bush administration who would investigate or arrest them without arresting the bush administration.

Duhhh.

aannndd big 0 did nothing

duh

No arrest, no crime.

sucks huh?

Spare me the "let em die" bullshit.

it's a fucking lie and you know it.

So who pays for their medical care?
Only emergency rooms will take anyone without insurance and who pays for that?
will emergency rooms provide prenatal care?

clinics take people w/o ins. That's what they are there fore.

Each local hospital and clinic has charity available for those that qualify.

My state has CHiP for kids and teens.

The adults need to grow up and learn to care for themselves. The entitlement mentality is fucking you over. No one should be forced to pay for another, healthy, adult ever.

But what does that have to do with the issue of privacy?
CHIP ran out of money here and cut off new applicants for the past few years.
Women have been riding on the backs of innocent children for decades in America.

It is VERY troubling that companies are demanding social media passwords as a condition of employment. For one thing, it makes someone who doesn't participate in social medial virtually unemployable. For another, it brings up the necessity of an entirely new body of law dealing with false profile creations.

There is nothing whatsoever stopping someone from creating a totally fake facebook account with false personas, giving an employer that password and obtaining employment under such a fake profile.

Seems like a lot of work to get a job with a company.

but no. If you don't have an account, you don't have an account. Doesn't mean you can't get the job.

Anyone get arrested?

Investigated?

No?

And big 0 and the dems re-signed it, twice.

Of course no one got arrested or investigated, they did it at the request of the Bush administration who would investigate or arrest them without arresting the bush administration.

Duhhh.

duh

No arrest, no crime.

sucks huh?

Umm it was no longer illegal by the time Obama became president.
Your argument on this is pretty stupid.

So who pays for their medical care?
Only emergency rooms will take anyone without insurance and who pays for that?
will emergency rooms provide prenatal care?

The adults need to grow up and learn to care for themselves. The entitlement mentality is fucking you over. No one should be forced to pay for another, healthy, adult ever.

Women have been riding on the backs of innocent children for decades in America.

Change is needed when dealing with entitlements.

when 70%+ of black kids born last year were out of wed lock, somethings wrong.

Duhhh.

duh

No arrest, no crime.

sucks huh?

Umm it was no longer illegal by the time Obama became president.
Your argument on this is pretty stupid.

You said it was illegal when it was done.

Unless it's the shortest statute of all time, people still could have been charged.

Do we have the right to privacy?

Seems some Dem Senators think, whole heartily that we do when it comes to private companies that ask for your FB passwords. If you don't give the pw, you don't get the job.

I agree with them, too the point that I would refuse to continue the interview process as I would never want to work for such a company. I don't even have a FB account.

Now this brings up an interesting question.

By 2015, the government can demand that you surrender your privacy by telling them if you have health ins or not. If you refuse to surrender that information, you will be fined.

ahh

Don't you just love being able to cut the irony with the hypacracy?

I understand the only time the government will gain that information is when someone avails them self to medical treatment, if they are not insured they will be fined. Of course, they will also be billed for the treatment and incur interest as well as the annoyance of bill collectors calling them at all times of the day and night.

Is hypacracy an acronym for Hateful Young Political Action Committee of Racist Yners?

What about the 40% of white kids born out of wedlock?

Seems some Dem Senators think, whole heartily that we do when it comes to private companies that ask for your FB passwords. If you don't give the pw, you don't get the job.

I agree with them, too the point that I would refuse to continue the interview process as I would never want to work for such a company. I don't even have a FB account.

By 2015, the government can demand that you surrender your privacy by telling them if you have health ins or not. If you refuse to surrender that information, you will be fined.

ahh

I understand the only time the government will gain that information is when someone avails them self to medical treatment, if they are not insured they will be fined. Of course, they will also be billed for the treatment and incur interest as well as the annoyance of bill collectors calling them at all times of the day and night.

Is hypacracy an acronym for Hateful Young Political Action Committee of Racist Yners?

:lol:

I thought you put me on ignore?

dammit, another list I didn't make.

What about the 40% of white kids born out of wedlock?

first I've heard of that.

got a link?

40% of kids born out of wedlock

That one just says kids, not white kids.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/13/health/13mothers.html

Same here.

Seems you're trying to use racism. Shame on you.

IN KY it is 40% of white kids are born out of wedlock.
Try and stay on topic. I have been talking about my state.

ahh

From what I understood, you have to get insurance. Fail to do so and you get fined.

but this tyranny has and is being covered today and much of this week unless the SC chooses to punt until 2015 when the law is in full force.

Here's hoping freedom wins out.

IN KY it is 40% of white kids are born out of wedlock.
Try and stay on topic. I have been talking about my state.

then link it up.

and fyi; I only know where cujo, Sallow and Jillian live.

Sallow and Jillian b/c they go on about it and Cujo b/c he lives near me.

and Paulie. Just found out he's an Eagles fan

ahh

I don't understand the whole Facebook thing with employers, my only advice is if you are job hunting delete your account, than theres nothing for them to look at.

ahh

I don't understand the whole Facebook thing with employers, my only advice is if you are job hunting delete your account, than theres nothing for them to look at.

Thing is, they can search for you, and get tons of info on you. But the passwords reveal private info that no one can get too.

ahh

Thing is, they can search for you, and get tons of info on you. But the passwords reveal private info that no one can get too.

I guess my question is why are these employers so interested in what I do on Facebook?

Forum List

Back