Prison inmates collect unemployment

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
There is absolutely no excuse for this. This was in Pennsylvania and we can only hope that it is a state issue and not a national issue.

John Baer: Cell earnings: Prison inmates collect unemployment
DID YOU KNOW that Philadelphia prison inmates collected unemployment benefits while sitting in their cells?

They did: 1,162 of them got an average of $344 a week for, on average, 18 weeks. That's more than $7 million.

And many of the 25,500 inmates in other county jails in Pennsylvania did the same.

We're talking cash for cons - tens of millions of tax dollars paid by employers and employees fraudulently scammed by incarcerated crooks.
John Baer: Cell earnings: Prison inmates collect unemployment

Meanwhile bankers fucked over a lot of people and no one is sitting in jail for it. No one from wall street went to jail...well hardly anyone and they made a fortune.

Last edited:
Meanwhile bankers fucked over a lot of people and no one is sitting in jail for it. No one from wall street went to jail...well hardly anyone and they made a fortune.

so, their wrong makes it ok because you think the bankers screwed people? This is mere sample of what is wrong with our world today, thinking of this nature.

I guess if a clerk accidently gives you too much change you keep it too, huh?

so, their wrong makes it ok because you think the bankers screwed people? This is mere sample of what is wrong with our world today, thinking of this nature.

Yes because at the end of that day, I am trying to teach that clerk personal responsibility. :eusa_whistle:

Well they ARE unemployed right? :razz:

It depends on who you ask:cool:

[A] growing number of American prisons are now contracted out as for-profit businesses to for-profit companies. The companies are paid by the state, and their profit depends on spending as little as possible on the prisoners and the prisons. It’s hard to imagine any greater disconnect between public good and private profit: the interest of private prisons lies not in the obvious social good of having the minimum necessary number of inmates but in having as many as possible, housed as cheaply as possible.

https://www.rutherford.org/publicat...fit_the_rise_of_the_prison_industrial_complex

Yes because at the end of that day, I am trying to teach that clerk personal responsibility. :eusa_whistle:

if you know they overpaid you that is theft, dear.

Forum List

Back