Priebus Declares RNC Standing Behind Trump

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America

“Nothing has changed in terms of our support for the nominee,” Priebus said. | AP

In an emergency call with members of the Republican National Committee, Chairman Reince Priebus declared that the party remained firmly behind Donald Trump, despite the tape of his lewd remarks about groping and making advances on married women.

“Over the last 24 to 48 hours there have been a lot of false rumors that we didn’t want to engage in,” Priebus told the 168 members of the RNC, many of whom have also stood behind Trump, according to a person on the call. “Nothing has changed in terms of our support for the nominee.”

Priebus told them that Trump had issued a “heartfelt” apology and that “I think the issue was taken care of at the debate.” Three people on the call verified Priebus’ remarks.

The Priebus call came hours after Speaker Paul Ryan held a conference call of his own for jittery House Republicans and declared that he would no longer defend Trump on the campaign trail, or ever campaign with him.

The announcement represented an extraordinary break as the highest-ranking elected Republican in America said he was no longer standing with the Republican nominee.

More: Priebus Declares RNC Standing Behind Trump

Priebus and the RNC are now the proud owners of the Trump holocaust. Trump is the monster they created and I do not feel sorry for them. However, I do feel sorry for honorable Republicans who are watching their party go up in flames.

Of course they are. It's shit like this that gave rise to the Tea Party. I pray the Republican Party completely goes away. It's just too bad we don't have people of character and integrity on the left to run the Dumbocrat Party out of town as well.

Forum List

Back