Pretending to be black got him elected

Did you miss the part about this guy being a republican?

Did you miss that it's a Democrat district?

I did not.

But if you want to tell yourself that democrats own a monopoly on low-information voters then be my guest. It's not the first time you've been full of shit and probably won't be the last.

Had they been happy they elected a candidate based on this issues, there would never have been quite the outcry. Due to the fact they ASSUMED he was black, becoming the predominant issue over the policies he stands for, proves to be an embarrassment to the democrat party that blames the Republicans of looking to "race" and being racist.

Did you miss that it's a Democrat district?

I did not.

But if you want to tell yourself that democrats own a monopoly on low-information voters then be my guest. It's not the first time you've been full of shit and probably won't be the last.

Had they been happy they elected a candidate based on this issues, there would never have been quite the outcry. Due to the fact they ASSUMED he was black, becoming the predominant issue over the policies he stands for, proves to be an embarrassment to the democrat party that blames the Republicans of looking to "race" and being racist.

If you assume they were so stupid they didn't know what (R) next to his name on the ballot meant, then maybe you have a point. I'm not willing to go quite that far, but since it tickles your confirmation bias I can understand why you'll happily blaze that trail.

Let me dumb it down for you...

If the were willing to vote for a REPUBLICAN because they thought he was BLACK, then race was a bigger motivator than party.

If anything, you can argue that on the party lines they prefer republicans considering they assumed both candidates were black.

Last edited:
I did not.

If you assume they were so stupid they didn't know what (R) next to his name on the ballot meant, then maybe you have a point. I'm not willing to go quite that far, but since it tickles your confirmation bias I can understand why you'll happily blaze that trail.

So there could not possibly, even remotely, be a Republican candidate who also happens to be black? Absolutely no chance what-so-ever. Why SHOULD race even BE an issue of who is the better candidate, if you are truly voting on the candidate based on the policies you agree with? The fact that he is NOT black so happens to be the most important issue over anything else, explains a lot of the mindset and standards that many voters honestly look for.

So there could not possibly, even remotely, be a Republican candidate who also happens to be black? Absolutely no chance what-so-ever. Why SHOULD race even BE an issue of who is the better candidate, if you are truly voting on the candidate based on the policies you agree with? The fact that he is NOT black so happens to be the most important issue over anything else, explains a lot of the mindset and standards that many voters honestly look for.

I repeat...

If the were willing to vote for a REPUBLICAN because they thought he was BLACK, then race was a bigger motivator than party.

If anything, you can argue that on the party lines they prefer republicans considering they assumed both candidates were black.

I repeat...

Let me be very clear, very simplistic and to the point, as to not be misinterpreted. The fact race IS the most important criteria in this very case, does not speak well for a nation who believes and strives that we ought to be "color blind". Unfortunately it looks like a case where appearance is more important, than individuals who take the time to educate themselves on which policies and issues happens to be best served for their particular community.

I repeat...

Let me be very clear, very simplistic and to the point, as to not be misinterpreted. The fact race IS the most important criteria in this very case, does not speak well for a nation who believes and strives that we ought to be "color blind". Unfortunately it looks like a case where appearance is more important, than individuals who take the time to educate themselves on which policies and issues happens to be best served for their particular community.

I don't disagree with that at all.

But you still can't pin this one on the democratic party without taking some pretty egregious leaps in logic.

The president pretended to be a whole lot of things in order to get elected, but the OP has never been upset about that.

Why blame the politician?
This is the perfect example of "Low Information Voters"

Worked for Obama.

Yeah, cuz we never saw what he really looked like.

:cuckoo:

White guy wins after leading voters to believe he?s black | khou.com Houston

Dave Wilson chuckles as he talks about his unorthodox political campaign.

"I'd always said it was a long shot," Wilson says. "No, I didn't expect to win."

With this caliber candidate, its really no wonder the Rs are losing more and more elections.

Dems have the same problem aka Anthony Weiner. Face it, both parties have some real winners that need to go away. Sad to say, good character doesn't seem to be a requirement to run for office.

The alternative is the voters were so stupid that not only did they not know the guy's race, they didn't know he was a republican either.

If that's the case then democracy is doomed.

The alternative is the voters were so stupid that not only did they not know the guy's race, they didn't know he was a republican either.

If that's the case then democracy is doomed.

Welcome to the New Reality

Forum List

Back