Pressure on Ensign (R-NV) to step aside

Have you been this gleeful about adulterous politicians previously?

It is a shame that he must resign. He was a good conservative politician, and helped NV as much as possible against Reid's liberal ways. I feel sorry for his wife and children. It's too bad he had a character flaw that was his downfall.

It's nice that Republicans will own up to their mistakes. I hope he takes this time to repair the damage done to his family.

"own up to his mistakes?" He had his father bribe the aggreived husband who's wife he banged. :lol:Yeah. Thats admitting mistakes lol PLUS he didn't step aside.

His words today:
"I just came to the conclusion that I just couldn't put my family though it," he said.

In recent months, Ensign had been adamant that he would seek re-election. He said Monday it was difficult to give up the job he loved, but "I have learned through the mistakes I have made that there are consequences to sin."

Takes a lot of courage to admit when you've made mistakes, don't you think?
How long did it take him to go public after he gave his co-workers wife the high-hard one? Weeks? Months? Years?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ensign#Extramarital_affair
Ensign had an extramarital affair with Cynthia Hampton, who was married to one of his top aides, and[10][46] who worked for Ensign for Senate, and for Battle Born PAC, a conservative political action committee, of which Ensign was the honorary chairman.[6] At the time of the affair, Cynthia Hampton's husband, Douglas Hampton, was a top administrative aide in Ensign’s Capitol Hill office, and Ensign and his wife had been close friends with the Hamptons before they were hired to work for Ensign. When the affair came to light in 2009, an Ensign spokesperson asserted that it had occurred between December 2007 and August 2008,[10] but Doug Hampton said that it began at Christmas 2006

Last edited:

Forum List

Back