Cons, relax, the game is still going, but we inevitably will win.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bucs90, Feb 20, 2011.

1. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Just a quick realization about this heated union debate.

Cons, we are gonna win. It's just pure fact. The money for unions simply isn't there anymore. The private sector is only 7% union and shrinking.

The public sector is flat-out bankrupt and can't afford it. The unions will cry and scream and protest and........unfortunately, likely get violent before it's all over with.

But fact is, the money just isn't there anymore, and the economic and political reality these days means taxes simply will not go up.

We've already won this ideological debate as far as end result is concerned.

I'm just gonna sit back, watch the liberal hypocrisy and childish behavior, and pray that the left wing union sector's final, violent push won't be too severe.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. washamericom

washamericom Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,701
    probably no one will take the bait on this one. i think you are right though. the unions are dinosaurs, teachers don't need a mouthpiece union anymore, the good ones can speak for themselves, the shitty ones just fade away.. or seemingly not

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  3. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Oh, it's not bait. Just a message for conservatives.

One lib was trying to say the good academic states are unionized, and the bad ones aren't, thus unions make kids smarter.

He didn't realize teachers nationwide are unionized, regardless of state.

For example one of the absolute WORST places in America for education, New Orleans, has a teachers union: United Teachers of New Orleans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So unions have no effect on end result education at all.

4. washamericom

washamericom Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,701
    what about time lost while on strike, yeah, you're probably right.

5. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,511
    I think the days of the big unions are gone....US manufacturing is slipping out the door

A workers right to collective bargaining must be maintained. A Viable middle class depends on a workers ability to effectively negotiate a fair wage and fair working conditions

6. washamericom

washamericom Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,701
    do the teachers want the union?

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    It's an ongoing debate, good guy:

NEA - A Tribute to Bob Chanin

Not so nice:

NEA's Bob Chanin says conservatives and right-wing bas**rds are picking on NEA - Charlotte Christianity | Examiner.com

Full context:

NEA General Counsel: It is not because we care about children - Denver Charter Schools | Examiner.com

Sometimes the veils do come down.

8. cutter

cutter Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +304
    Most unions lost there members backing when they started representing the Workers of the World instead of taking care of their members. I was a long time union member that became disillusioned when our President retired and he turned the union over to his son. A legal vote by the membership taken at 2am with just a few members in attendance. Most of us didn't find out about a vote for President until it was over. Unions aren't what they used to be.

9. SgtMeowenstein

SgtMeowenstein BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Violent push? I'm sure cons would love to see some violence, but it's not going to happen. The protests have been nothing but peaceful. And I wouldn't go blowing the victory horn just yet.

Also, you claim that this is about money. At this point it is no longer about money. The unions gave in to the cuts. They agreed to ALL cuts. The only thing they want is for Walker to take his attack on collective bargaining rights off the table. And since Walker refused to negotiate that point, he made it clear that money is not the only issue. He wants to see the end of unions in his state, and probably nationwide. That much is plainly clear.

If you expect unions to just rollover and give up their right to collective bargaining, you've got another thing coming.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  10. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    The SEIU already showed violence against the Tea Party in 2009. Union thugs have gotten physically violent in a handful of incidents.

And of course, we've seen violent outbursts by the hundreds from pissed off government union workers in Greece and France and Spain.

I don't see much of a difference. When the final vote is cast, and unions lose, I fear violence.