Press Plays The Victim Card After Body-Slamming Republican Wins

So two weeks ago conservatives were beside themselves when people resorted to physical violence at Berkeley but now think it just fine for a political candidate.

You have to marvel at how far the Republican party has fallen. There is no bottom either, they crawl under the barrel and then start digging to reach the sewer. This is a party and cohort of people that have no compass at all anymore. They have given up on morals and truth and instead cling to lies and situational morality. Where they decide what is moral based on a situation. If you are old enough to have watched this evolution of conservatives it is stunning. They are hollow people now. There is no foundation.
I marvel at how you leftists play the victim.....even when you're the aggressor.
I'm 60 years old. I know what the tactic is. It's a bullying tactic. I had it pulled on me at times in school. Some kid screams at me for weeks, spitting on me and calling me every name in the book. Then he makes the mistake of putting his hands on me and I beat him to a pulp. They he runs crying to the principle about how I beat him up.
This is what it's like for us. We're fed up with you lying cocksuckers. We refrain from violence for so long. The moment we react to it you SOBs claim WE'RE the assholes that are prone to violence.
I think what is happening is you bastards have awoken a sleeping giant and don't even know it.
My suggestion is that you STFU and start acting like decent Americans.

I won't hold my breath waiting on you doing this however.
So I guess Republicans are saying that if a reporter asks a question, in a polite manner, that the Republican didn't want asked, it's OK to attack the reporter and physically harm them.

Gee, I remember when Republicans on this board were complaining the left is violent. Well, I guess we know who is really violent.

Invading a private interview and shoving a mic into someone's face isn't polite.

So two weeks ago conservatives were beside themselves when people resorted to physical violence at Berkeley but now think it just fine for a political candidate.

You have to marvel at how far the Republican party has fallen. There is no bottom either, they crawl under the barrel and then start digging to reach the sewer. This is a party and cohort of people that have no compass at all anymore. They have given up on morals and truth and instead cling to lies and situational morality. Where they decide what is moral based on a situation. If you are old enough to have watched this evolution of conservatives it is stunning. They are hollow people now. There is no foundation.
I marvel at how you leftists play the victim.....even when you're the aggressor.
I'm 60 years old. I know what the tactic is. It's a bullying tactic. I had it pulled on me at times in school. Some kid screams at me for weeks, spitting on me and calling me every name in the book. Then he makes the mistake of putting his hands on me and I beat him to a pulp. They he runs crying to the principle about how I beat him up.
This is what it's like for us. We're fed up with you lying cocksuckers. We refrain from violence for so long. The moment we react to it you SOBs claim WE'RE the assholes that are prone to violence.
I think what is happening is you bastards have awoken a sleeping giant and don't even know it.

So I guess Republicans are saying that if a reporter asks a question, in a polite manner, that the Republican didn't want asked, it's OK to attack the reporter and physically harm them.

Gee, I remember when Republicans on this board were complaining the left is violent. Well, I guess we know who is really violent.

Invading a private interview and shoving a mic into someone's face isn't polite.
They think calling Trump a holster for Putin's Dick is polite.

They think calling Trump a holster for Putin's Dick is polite.
Not at all. Just accurate.

Fox News crew ‘watched in disbelief’ as Montana’s Greg Gianforte ‘slammed’ and ‘began punching’ reporter

As the crew was setting up, Gianforte was approached by the Guardian’s Ben Jacobs, who put a voice recorder “to Gianforte’s face and began asking if he had a response to the newly released Congressional Budget Office report on the American Health Care Act,” the Republican replacement for the Affordable Care Act, she wrote.

“Gianforte,” Acuna wrote, “told him he would get back to him later. Jacobs persisted with his question. Gianforte told him to talk to his press guy, Shane Scanlon.”

“At that point,” she wrote, “Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck with both hands and slammed him into the ground behind him.”

Gianforte was later cited for misdemeanor assault. The sheriff’s department said the incident did not meet the state’s statutory definition of felony assault.

Acuna and her crew “watched in disbelief as Gianforte then began punching the reporter. As Gianforte moved on top of Jacobs, he began yelling something to the effect of, ‘I’m sick and tired of this!’”

Acuna said that Jacobs “scrambled to his knees and said something about his glasses being broken.” He asked the Fox reporter and crew for their names but “in shock, we did not answer.”

So, you wish to take us to where Germany was in the '30's.

Wouldn't t

Fox News crew ‘watched in disbelief’ as Montana’s Greg Gianforte ‘slammed’ and ‘began punching’ reporter

As the crew was setting up, Gianforte was approached by the Guardian’s Ben Jacobs, who put a voice recorder “to Gianforte’s face and began asking if he had a response to the newly released Congressional Budget Office report on the American Health Care Act,” the Republican replacement for the Affordable Care Act, she wrote.

“Gianforte,” Acuna wrote, “told him he would get back to him later. Jacobs persisted with his question. Gianforte told him to talk to his press guy, Shane Scanlon.”

“At that point,” she wrote, “Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck with both hands and slammed him into the ground behind him.”

Gianforte was later cited for misdemeanor assault. The sheriff’s department said the incident did not meet the state’s statutory definition of felony assault.

Acuna and her crew “watched in disbelief as Gianforte then began punching the reporter. As Gianforte moved on top of Jacobs, he began yelling something to the effect of, ‘I’m sick and tired of this!’”

Acuna said that Jacobs “scrambled to his knees and said something about his glasses being broken.” He asked the Fox reporter and crew for their names but “in shock, we did not answer.”

Wouldn't that be wonderful?

I see them throwing rocks, bottles, and molotovs at anyone who thinks thoughts not approved of by the Khmer Rouge. I see you punching, kicking, and spiting on those who have ideas rather than obeying your fucking Fuhrer. I see jackbooted thugs violently intimidating people like this was 1928 Germany.

Never again, you fucking Nazi bastards.
Trump gets elected and declares the press the enemy. Now we have a reporter being arrested for asking a question and one being body slammed for asking a question. Not only is this type of violence unacceptable, its un-American.

You claim to embrace the Constitution, yet you support suppressing the press by any means necessary.

This whole thing shows how far the Republicans have sunk

They celebrate a physical attack on a reporter and Gianforte probably got more votes for being "tough on the media"

The reporter was asking questions about the Republican healthcare plan. He was not making personal attacks, he was not attacking the mans family, he did not physically assault him

Healthcare

And that is why he was thrown to the ground and punched by a candidate for Congress

Snowflakes are fragile, spineless jellyfish like... One has to be careful even shaking hands.... could easily rip an entire arm off.

It's about time the press got slammed. The liberal press fed into the race riots after Ferguson or even caused princess Diana's death chasing her and her entourage. I am so fed up with the self righteous media and their holier than thou persona. Who is going to protect Us from the media?
The press didn't create the racists in law enforcement.

I see them throwing rocks, bottles, and molotovs at anyone who thinks thoughts not approved of by the Khmer Rouge. I see you punching, kicking, and spiting on those who have ideas rather than obeying your fucking Fuhrer. I see jackbooted thugs violently intimidating people like this was 1928 Germany.

Never again, you fucking Nazi bastards.
Trump gets elected and declares the press the enemy. Now we have a reporter being arrested for asking a question and one being body slammed for asking a question. Not only is this type of violence unacceptable, its un-American.

You claim to embrace the Constitution, yet you support suppressing the press by any means necessary.
The liberal lickspittle lapdog media isn't the "PRESS(5th column)" any more, just a propaganda machine of the left. When the Lame Stream Media once again becomes the "PRESS(4th estate)" then they can be treated with the 1st amendment.

The Fourth Estate (or fourth power) is a societal or political force or institution whose influence is not consistently or officially recognized. "Fourth Estate" most commonly refers to the news media, especially print journalism or "the press".
Fourth Estate - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Estate
A fifth column is any group of people who undermine a larger group—such as a nation or a besieged city—from within, usually in favor of an enemy group or nation. The activities of a fifth column can be overt or clandestine. Forces gathered in secret can mobilize openly to assist an external attack. This term is also extended to organized actions by military personnel.
Fifth column - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_column

No matter how much you dislike someone, you can't put your hands on them. I don't care if the reporter was an a-hole. You can't body slam a reporter because they asked a question you didn't like.

How childish. What makes you think you and your Democrats are not entitled to any special treatment?

Annoying reporters have no more rights of access or expectation that their rudeness will be tolerated than any other person.

You get aggressive and stick anything in someone's face, and they in my book are justified in giving you a linoleum bath. I am not a fan of proportional response.

The liberal lickspittle lapdog media isn't the "PRESS(5th column)" any more, just a propaganda machine of the left. When the Lame Stream Media once again becomes the "PRESS(4th estate)" then they can be treated with the 1st amendment.
If that was true, then why didn't you hear more about the latest Trump raid in Yemen? Why did the MSM merely echo the statements from a Pentagon spokesperson about the events that occurred and not what actually happened?

You're right about one thing, the press is a "propaganda machine". Only, the propaganda they are spewing, comes from the Pentagon.

Pentagon propaganda:
In the early morning of May 23, the U.S. Navy’s SEAL Team 6 quietly launched a raid in the Marib Governorate in central Yemen....raid kills 7 al-Qaeda militants....all of those killed had been members of the extremist group.

If the media was actually liberal:
...witnesses from al-Jubah, the Yemeni village where the attack took place....personally identified and named five victims of the U.S. raid, who they noted were not members of al-Qaeda. Among the five civilians killed was Nasser al-Adhal, a partially blind 70-year-old...that...tried to greet the Navy SEALs, and was instead shot...other Yemeni villagers became angry and began to argue with the U.S. troops, who subsequently shot and killed four more.
None of the major media outlets gave any consideration to the report that civilians were killed. They just towed the company line.

Your company line.

You get aggressive and stick anything in someone's face, and they in my book are justified in giving you a linoleum bath. I am not a fan of proportional response.
Then go live in Weimar. Folks there agree with you. This country, in contrast, was founded on the principle of the rule of law. And one of those laws is assault and battery. If you think it is okay to break it, then you obviously do not embrace American values.

No matter how much you dislike someone, you can't put your hands on them. I don't care if the reporter was an a-hole. You can't body slam a reporter because they asked a question you didn't like.
from what i understand theres a lot more to it than this. this reporter also wants to punch minors he doesnt like n calls on others,to do same. seems if you lead w violence n disrespect it comes back to you.

We agree....we still would vote for him......

Forum List

Back