Presidential vacations

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
When President Bush was in the White House, we heard all about how lazy he was and how he was taking so many vacations and neglecting the country.

Now that President Obama is on vacation we are hearing all about how sad it is that he doesnt really get a vacation because he still has Presidential responsibilities. They are just poor victims here.

Obama ends Hawaiian holiday, returns to Washington - Yahoo! News

Is there anyone here that honestly doesnt see the blatant double standard?

When President Bush was in the White House, we heard all about how lazy he was and how he was taking so many vacations and neglecting the country.

Now that President Obama is on vacation we are hearing all about how sad it is that he doesnt really get a vacation because he still has Presidential responsibilities. They are just poor victims here.

Are you fucking kidding me????? Do you even KNOW how many vacations and breaks and R&R trips Bush made while in office? He set a fucking RECORD!!! And you are trying to compare apples and anvils, WHY?

I think President Obama and all subsequent Presidents should be prohibited from taking vacations or using Air Force One until we get a Republican as President again

But, but, but, BOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!

Oh good grief. I have no problem with Obama taking a vacation. I had no problem with Bush taking a vacation. Who fucking cares? They were both quite capable of completely fucking up no matter where they happen to be.

Oh good grief. I have no problem with Obama taking a vacation. I had no problem with Bush taking a vacation. Who fucking cares? They were both quite capable of completely fucking up no matter where they happen to be.

APPARENTLY, Avatar cares....

I just wish both sides would get off this vacation BS... even when a Prez is on 'vacation', there really is not 'vacation'.. if anyone honestly thinks the job halts so they can sunbathe or whatever else, is sorely mistaken

Really...!?!??
:eek:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif

Comedy!

Now that's just unfair. Everyone knows Obama went to Hawaii to ensure his forged birth certificate was safe. He was NOT on vacation!!

Apparently you cared enough to defend Barry in post #2....

Apparently you cared enough to defend Barry in post #2....

That's exactly what I thought. Defend POTUS O then come back and pretend it's was all Avatar. Typical left wing hack.

Well, if Barry can't lower the unemployment rate at least he can lower his handicap...

No President is really on vacation... They get a chance to spend time with their families and unwind a bit, but they are always "on call"...

Somehow this is ok unless Evil Boooooooosh is doing it... Go fig...

From some of the responses I'm gonna have to go with 'yes'.

President Bush took 1020 days of vacation, 2.79 years of his 8 years were on vacation....THAT is what people were upset about....if memory serves...

President Bush By The Numbers - CBS News

President Bush took 1020 days of vacation, 2.79 years of his 8 years were on vacation....THAT is what people were upset about....if memory serves...

President Bush By The Numbers - CBS News

Shhhhhhh.....we were trying to discuss the blatant hypocrisy....oh wait....:eusa_eh:

And I did not complain when I had to wait longer in Thurmont to play a round of golf at Maple Run, because Clinton was taking off to play with some political buddies and dignitaries.. or while he and those buddies were taking up good fishing spots on the trout creek on their time off....

As stated so many times.... it's not like a Prez is every truly off.. and both sides need to get off the fucking whine-train on this issue

Forum List

Back