Presidential Rankings

The ClayTaurus

Sep 19, 2005
I don't know if this has been discussed here before, but I found this on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_U.S._Presidents

These standings vary, though three Presidents—in chronological order, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and Franklin D. Roosevelt—usually are ranked at or near the top of the lists. Frequently ranking just below those three are Presidents Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, and Woodrow Wilson. The remaining "top 10" ranks are often filled by Andrew Jackson, Harry S. Truman, and Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Frequently ranking at the bottom of most polls are Franklin Pierce, James Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, and Warren G. Harding.

Thoughts? Agree? Disagree? See anything interesting as far as poll position as time passes?

Can someone tell me what it is that Kennedy did that was so fabulous? I think the only reason people respect him so much is cause he was killed in office.

And id still love to know what is so great about Clinton. He really shouldnt be so high.

And why isnt Reagan higher? I mean the guy ended World War III and brought hope back to the country. Yet Kennedy does better? what gives?

Can someone tell me what it is that Kennedy did that was so fabulous? I think the only reason people respect him so much is cause he was killed in office.

And id still love to know what is so great about Clinton. He really shouldnt be so high.

And why isnt Reagan higher? I mean the guy ended World War III and brought hope back to the country. Yet Kennedy does better? what gives?

I wasn't alive for Kennedy, nor really politically coherent during Reagan, but the Cuban Missile Crisis seemed to be a rather defining moment for Kennedy.

That and he was a prettyboy. :ssex:

The ClayTaurus said:
I wasn't alive for Kennedy, nor really politically coherent during Reagan, but the Cuban Missile Crisis seemed to be a rather defining moment for Kennedy.

That and he was a prettyboy. :ssex:

Yeah but there wouldnt have been a cuban missle Crisis if he wasnt so dang incompetent on foriegn policy prior to that.

Forum List

Back