President Trumps military parade

Will you attend the military parade?

• yes

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • no

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters
InkedIMG_1418_LI.jpg
Sporting events. Shows/performances here and there. Memorials built to those who have died across the nation. Thanking someone you might see during your day.

You mean where the players kneel?
And what shows/performances would those be?
Memorials are static and they dont bring a bunch of people together to show how much we appreciate our Men and Women in uniform.
I mean hollyweird performs shows overseas to show appreciation why cant we do that here in the form of a parade?

That is because you aren't required to attend USO shows. You can go, or stay in your bunk, your choice.

Military parades are totally different. If your command or you are selected to participate, it's mandatory fun for you, you HAVE to go. Then, there is all that crap of making your uniform inspection ready, getting all your ribbons and medals straight as well as grooming standards that have to be met. Nope, for the people participating, it's a pain in the ass. I know, because I was in Admin division, and my division always was selected for crap like this. The only ceremony that I was happy to be at was one honoring WWII dead in France. It was a nice ceremony, and afterwards, they laid out a pretty decent spread for us, beer included.

No, for the people that have to participate in the dog and pony show, it's not so much an honor as it is a pain in the ass. 95 percent of the enlisted think the way I do.

I find it hard to believe they wouldnt jump at the chance to let the American public honer them.
I suppose those sports teams hate parades as well right?

A sports team does not spend hours upon hours on a sunny parade deck practicing while being yelled at by the 1stSgt or SgtMaj for messing up.

A sports team does not have to take time away from normal routines to prepare equipment to be pretty and shiny for the parade.

A sports team is not spending maintenance money on parade prep instead of fixing broken gear.

This parade is not honoring the military, it is about the military honoring the CIC.

Your claim of 20 years in the Corps seems somehow fantastical. Really.

Why, because I am not a Trump butt sniffer?
InkedIMG_1415_LI.jpg

That is because you aren't required to attend USO shows. You can go, or stay in your bunk, your choice.

Military parades are totally different. If your command or you are selected to participate, it's mandatory fun for you, you HAVE to go. Then, there is all that crap of making your uniform inspection ready, getting all your ribbons and medals straight as well as grooming standards that have to be met. Nope, for the people participating, it's a pain in the ass. I know, because I was in Admin division, and my division always was selected for crap like this. The only ceremony that I was happy to be at was one honoring WWII dead in France. It was a nice ceremony, and afterwards, they laid out a pretty decent spread for us, beer included.

No, for the people that have to participate in the dog and pony show, it's not so much an honor as it is a pain in the ass. 95 percent of the enlisted think the way I do.

I find it hard to believe they wouldnt jump at the chance to let the American public honer them.

When the sports teams have their parades, they ride in vehicles, they don't have to march.

No. 95 percent of the enlisted personnel would regard this as a huge pain in the ass. Double if that person is in the Navy, because that will also require them to practice formations and marching for a week or so, because the last time anyone marches in the Navy is when they graduate A school. In boot camp, we marched everywhere. In A school, we marched from the barracks to the school and back. After I got to my permanent command? Didn't have to march a step, except when I was called on for crap like this.

Quick question......................have you ever had to march in formation for a couple of miles in full dress uniform during the summer? I have, and it ain't pleasant.

I've heard all Enlisted complain.
It's part of being in the military.

Way to deflect away from the question. Yes, there is a saying in the Navy that a bitching Sailor is a happy Sailor, but that is more poetic license than absolute truth.

And you can bet, if they are picked, they will bitch and complain like crazy, but it ain't gonna be happy bitching and complaining.

Now, answer my question...............have YOU ever marched for 1 to 2 miles in summer heat wearing a dress uniform? I have, and it ain't fun, nor is it something I cheerfully volunteer for. If called, I went, but I usually wasn't happy about it.

I look at it like my football years.
Hated practice!!!! Hot as a mother fucker wearing full pads and doing three a days.
So yes I know what it's like wearing a bunch of shit in searing weather for six hours a day and we did it at speed while knocking the shit out of each other.
But come Friday night you've forgotten all about the pain and suffering.
And these practices went on far longer than the week or so it might take to prepare for a parade.
All you're doing is walking down the street for a mile or so. Big whoop.

The difference is that as a football player the games were you what you there for, that is the purpose of a football team, to play football.

The purpose of the military is not to dance on command for the CIC, it is to defend the country.

This is the kind of shit they do in North Korea.

I was hoping that maybe we're better than that.
You don't want to celebrate our military? My father served as did his dad and his dad before that. My grandfather and great grandfather fought in ww1 and ww2. My uncle was in Desert Storm.I have 2 cousins in war on terror right now. I have family military history all the way back to the Revolutionary war.
We never strut ever. We have held parades to welcome home our troops. We hold observances every Memorial Day to honor and remember those who gave the last full measure of devotion. We hold observances every Veteran's Day to thank and honor those who have served our nation.

What we do not do is flaunt, strut and champion our war making capabilities. Let Authoritarian nations and nations not so secure in their global standing do that.

$12,000,000 can be spent to rebuild a hospital, schools or bridges before it is spent on a Honor Trump vanity excerise.

You don't want to celebrate our military? My father served as did his dad and his dad before that. My grandfather and great grandfather fought in ww1 and ww2. My uncle was in Desert Storm.I have 2 cousins in war on terror right now. I have family military history all the way back to the Revolutionary war.
We never strut ever. We have held parades to welcome home our troops. We hold observances every Memorial Day to honor and remember those who gave the last full measure of devotion. We hold observances every Veteran's Day to thank and honor those who have served our nation.

What we do not do is flaunt, strut and champion our war making capabilities. Let Authoritarian nations and nations not so secure in their global standing do that.

$12,000,000 can be spent to rebuild a hospital, schools or bridges before it is spent on a Honor Trump vanity excerise.

I find this somewhat hypocritical. When you consider what we pay for illegals it's a drop in a bucket.

I find this somewhat hypocritical. When you consider what we pay for illegals it's a drop in a bucket.
Immigrants have added $63 billion to our economy.

You're entitled to laugh, but not equipped to deny.

When the sports teams have their parades, they ride in vehicles, they don't have to march.

No. 95 percent of the enlisted personnel would regard this as a huge pain in the ass. Double if that person is in the Navy, because that will also require them to practice formations and marching for a week or so, because the last time anyone marches in the Navy is when they graduate A school. In boot camp, we marched everywhere. In A school, we marched from the barracks to the school and back. After I got to my permanent command? Didn't have to march a step, except when I was called on for crap like this.

Quick question......................have you ever had to march in formation for a couple of miles in full dress uniform during the summer? I have, and it ain't pleasant.

Way to deflect away from the question. Yes, there is a saying in the Navy that a bitching Sailor is a happy Sailor, but that is more poetic license than absolute truth.

And you can bet, if they are picked, they will bitch and complain like crazy, but it ain't gonna be happy bitching and complaining.

Now, answer my question...............have YOU ever marched for 1 to 2 miles in summer heat wearing a dress uniform? I have, and it ain't fun, nor is it something I cheerfully volunteer for. If called, I went, but I usually wasn't happy about it.

Hated practice!!!! Hot as a mother fucker wearing full pads and doing three a days.
So yes I know what it's like wearing a bunch of shit in searing weather for six hours a day and we did it at speed while knocking the shit out of each other.
And these practices went on far longer than the week or so it might take to prepare for a parade.

The difference is that as a football player the games were you what you there for, that is the purpose of a football team, to play football.

The purpose of the military is not to dance on command for the CIC, it is to defend the country.
--------------------------------------- i think that the military will do as ordered GGator .

-------------------------------------------- not your decision Nosmo .

Riiiiiight.....
Mexicans sent home 69 billion in 2016. And that doesnt include the cost of schooling and other gov services they receive.

Go peddle your bullshit elsewhere.

I'm entitled to point out bad decision when I see one.

I just did dumbfuck.

------------------------------------ of course , you are fully able to make noise but it means nothing Nosmoe !!

I just did dumbfuck.
Immigrants pay sales taxes, excise taxes, property taxes and federal withholding taxes.

------------------------------------ of course , you are fully able to make noise but it means nothing Nosmoe !!
Right back at ya!

And there is no E in Nosmo.

I just did dumbfuck.
Immigrants pay sales taxes, excise taxes, property taxes and federal withholding taxes.

Who said anything about immigrants?
But yes even the legal ones send their money back to mexico.
When added to the illegal ones it totals up to 69 billion dollars a year.
We sure could use the tax dollars.

--------------------------------------- i think that the military will do as ordered GGator .

Of course the military will do as ordered, but do not pretend it is about honoring them, they are being order to preform for the CIC...it is about him, not them.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I just did dumbfuck.

Who said anything about immigrants?
But yes even the legal ones send their money back to mexico.
When added to the illegal ones it totals up to 69 billion dollars a year.
We sure could use the tax dollars.

Of course the military will do as ordered, but do not pretend it is about honoring them, they are being order to preform for the CIC...it is about him, not them.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
--------------------------------------------------- ok with me , as my volunteer employees , the Trump and i just want to see them PERFORMING GGator .

Last edited:

No, because you have an attitude I've not seen in other Marines I've known.

And say ... how do we know those certs are yours?

If I block the name, does it make me a sniper?

usmc-sniper.png

You know, attitudes have changed a great deal in the military since I first joined up. Maybe the reason you don't know any Marines with Gator's attitude is because you both served at very different times.

With that being said, I don't think it's very respectful for one vet to call out another vet. I've known many different people over my 20 years in the Navy ('82 to '02), and I also saw attitudes change a great deal in that time I served. Not everyone has a radical "America First" attitude. If you run around with a radical "America First" attitude overseas, you usually get labeled by the natives as an Ugly American.

Me? Whenever I showed up in another country, I knew that I was the foreigner, and should try to do things along the lines of what they did. And, because I had that attitude, I found out by using a phrase book of the local language that if I tried to speak to them in their language, they were more than helpful, and most of them spoke English. If they were asked in a loud slow voice "do you speak English or American", they gave you a blank stare. Repeating it slower and louder didn't help.

No, because you have an attitude I've not seen in other Marines I've known.

And say ... how do we know those certs are yours?

If I block the name, does it make me a sniper?

Here it is straight off my wall with a little note to you...
more marine stuff.JPG

And good lucking finding one of these on line..
more marine stuff 2.JPG

Or this...
InkedIMG_1416_LI.jpg

Forum List

Back