President Trump plans to impose 20% tariff on Canadian soft lumber

• Banned
"Canada has made business for our dairy farmers in Wisconsin and other border states very difficult. We will not stand for this. Watch!" - Trump

"Canada has made business for our dairy farmers in Wisconsin and other border states very difficult. We will not stand for this. Watch!" - Trump
In Maine we've been watching Canada suck up our fish processing industry and our potatoes. They can suck the business to the other side of the border because of friendlier business practices. I hope this tariff will be able to trigger more lumbering on this side of the border. It has gone way down due to the close of so many paper mills recently.

Last edited:
In Maine we've been watching Canada suck up our fish processing industry and our potatoes. They can suck the business to the other side of the border because of friendlier business practices. I hope this tariff will be able to trigger more lumbering on this side of the border. It has gone way down due to the close of so many paper mills recently.

Maine should become more pro-business, then.

Many if not most of the mills in Canada have closed over the past 30 years, too.

Watch him realize (again) that he was wrong (again) and then change his mind (again).
I'm sure the guy realizes that in the short run, prices will go up, but that in the long run, it will trigger growth in the timber industry here. Even I get that, and I don't understand economics at all.

It doesn't.

And I have a degree in economics.

Forum List

Back