President Trump pardons Sloppy Alice Johnson after Kim Kardashian lobbied for it, might pardon Blago

Maybe the pandering idiot will pardon Frederick Douglas next. :lol:
Sucks that he plays the Dems pandering games better than you doesn't it.
It is not a dems pandering game. Nearly every president has pardoned some body. I am not a big Trump fan but this was the right thing to do. Fuck party politics, this is a pro in my mind for this president. If he piles up enough pros while in officehe gets my vote next time. Lets hope he continues to do pro things and hopefully with out the help of a Kardasian next time. Realy who cares who pushed it if it was the right thing to do. I also commend miss Kardashion for doing some thing positive with her influence. I hope all three involved feel good about themselves right now.

It is not a dems pandering game. Nearly every president has pardoned some body. I am not a big Trump fan but this was the right thing to do. Fuck party politics, this is a pro in my mind for this president. If he piles up enough pros while in officehe gets my vote next time. Lets hope he continues to do pro things and hopefully with out the help of a Kardasian next time. Realy who cares who pushed it if it was the right thing to do. I also commend miss Kardashion for doing some thing positive with her influence. I hope all three involved feel good about themselves right now.

Quick question........................how do you feel about Trump wanting to pardon Mohammed Ali? Trump said he was treated unfairly and needs to be pardoned as well (even though the Supreme Court already did it back in 1971)?

Quick question........................how do you feel about Trump wanting to pardon Mohammed Ali? Trump said he was treated unfairly and needs to be pardoned as well (even though the Supreme Court already did it back in 1971)?
Likely headline grabbing! I do not know for sure. I would like to know Ali's family frame of mind. If Ali or his family felt the situation was a smudge on the name of Ali. In thier minds and Ali's mind this may serve to clear Ali's name for future generations. I still say do the right thing and you wil get my praise no matter the motives. Do the right thing continualy and you get my support and respect!

You know, it's readily apparent that Trump doesn't vet his presidential pardons very well. He's said that he wanted to pardon Mohammed Ali for his conviction for protesting the draft. Only problem is, Ali has already had his pardon.........the Supreme Court did it back in 1971.

I heard Trump wanted to pardon the One Armed Man from the Fugitive, but then someone told him that he was a fictional character

upload_2018-6-9_19-22-35.jpeg

Also, the actor who played him, Andreas Katsulas, died in 2006

Okay, in all seriousness.

I really don't have a problem giving this woman a commutation of her sentence. 21 years in prison was long enough.

But what does bother me is that would Trump care if Kanye and Kim West hadn't played "Celebrity Executive" with him? What about all the other hard luck cases of people who've gotten long prison terms because of foolish drug laws?

Likely headline grabbing! I do not know for sure. I would like to know Ali's family frame of mind. If Ali or his family felt the situation was a smudge on the name of Ali. In thier minds and Ali's mind this may serve to clear Ali's name for future generations. I still say do the right thing and you wil get my praise no matter the motives. Do the right thing continualy and you get my support and respect!

Ali's family said thanks but no thanks, that is, after they got over the shock of how stupid this deal was.

Pardoning is basically the one presidential power that works the way Trump thought ALL of being president worked. He’s gonna use the fuck out of it.

The law is pretty fucked up if it allows first time offenders of non violent crimes to be imprisoned for life without possibility of parole. In fact, 22 years for her crime is pretty excessive, IMHO. Good on Trump for correcting an obvious injustice.

You conservatives were bitching incessantly when Obama released some non violent drug offenders, but now that Trump does it for a Kardashian, you star struck rubes are suddenly okay with it?

One of the things that bothers me is that this didn't exactly go through proper channels, because it was fast tracked by Kardashian.

Another thing that bothers me is that he's at the beginning of his term. Most presidents wait until the end of their term for pardons. But, I understand.........he's gotta get the rubes that follow him used to hearing him pardon people so that when he bails out Cohen and Manafort, among others, nobody will say boo.
No, we bitched about Obama freeing terrorists and traitors. Big difference.

Forum List

Back