President Trump pardons Sloppy Alice Johnson after Kim Kardashian lobbied for it, might pardon Blago

The law is pretty fucked up if it allows first time offenders of non violent crimes to be imprisoned for life without possibility of parole. In fact, 22 years for her crime is pretty excessive, IMHO. Good on Trump for correcting an obvious injustice.

You conservatives were bitching incessantly when Obama released some non violent drug offenders, but now that Trump does it for a Kardashian, you star struck rubes are suddenly okay with it?

One of the things that bothers me is that this didn't exactly go through proper channels, because it was fast tracked by Kardashian.

Another thing that bothers me is that he's at the beginning of his term. Most presidents wait until the end of their term for pardons. But, I understand.........he's gotta get the rubes that follow him used to hearing him pardon people so that when he bails out Cohen and Manafort, among others, nobody will say boo.

The law is pretty fucked up if it allows first time offenders of non violent crimes to be imprisoned for life without possibility of parole. In fact, 22 years for her crime is pretty excessive, IMHO. Good on Trump for correcting an obvious injustice.

You conservatives were bitching incessantly when Obama released some non violent drug offenders, but now that Trump does it for a Kardashian, you star struck rubes are suddenly okay with it?

One of the things that bothers me is that this didn't exactly go through proper channels, because it was fast tracked by Kardashian.

Another thing that bothers me is that he's at the beginning of his term. Most presidents wait until the end of their term for pardons. But, I understand.........he's gotta get the rubes that follow him used to hearing him pardon people so that when he bails out Cohen and Manafort, among others, nobody will say boo.
I'm a liberal. Personally, I would be quite happy if every non-violent first time drug offender currently languishing in prison was given clemency. The War on (some) Drugs needs to come to an end. I don't give a damn about Trump or the Kardashians, but if one of them does something positive for a change, I'll give credit where it is due.

• Banned
"Good luck to Alice Johnson. Have a wonderful life!" - President Trump

"i promise you, Donald, i will make you proud that you gave me a second chance. and it will make you wanna pardon others!" - Crooked Alice Johnson

Sign the Petition

My mother, Alice Marie Johnson is a 63-year-old grandmother serving life without parole for a first time nonviolent drug offense. She has been in prison 21 years and will die there unless President Trump grants her clemency.

My family’s life changed forever when my she was sentenced to life in federal prison. She was one of thousands of first time, nonviolent offenders who were given long mandatory prison terms. She had lost her job and became a telephone mule passing messages between her coconspirators. “I couldn’t find a job fast enough to take care of my family. I felt like a failure. I went to a complete panic and out of desperation I made one of the worst decisions of my life to make some quick money. I became involved in a drug conspiracy.”

My mother has accepted full responsibility for her actions and used that experience to better her life and the lives of others. Since being incarcerated she has been a model prisoner who mentors women and has become an ordained minister.

21 years ..........first offense...............63 years old..........

Well done Trump............She's done more than enough time..........BZ................

21 years ..........first offense...............63 years old..........

Well done Trump............She's done more than enough time..........BZ................

No. Well done to the DA who put her away for far longer than 21 years. If I had the opportunity, I’d slap Donald Trump in the face for his contempt of Law and Order shown with this pardon.

le1trmshut211.jpg

Again............a 63 year old woman who did a lot of time...............I posted the daughters plea to allow her out so she wouldn't die in prison...............

She screwed up...........spent most of her life in prison...............I have no problem with this.............I don't see her as a threat to society anymore.

You know, it's readily apparent that Trump doesn't vet his presidential pardons very well. He's said that he wanted to pardon Mohammed Ali for his conviction for protesting the draft. Only problem is, Ali has already had his pardon.........the Supreme Court did it back in 1971.

Just more proof Trump doesn't know what he's doing.

Trump Considers Pardoning Muhammad Ali, Whose Conviction Was Already Overturned

Pardon-happy President Donald Trump is hungry for more, but his idea to posthumously pardon Muhammad Ali is awkward and confusing.
It's even more awkward and confusing than Trump's argument Friday that he's not above the law, but that he most certainly has the power to pardon himself. Square those two ideas.
Try also to square his focus on individual pardons and his ability to personally gift second chances with his administration's efforts to seek harsher sentences rather than ease sentencing rules, as some bipartisan proposals on Capitol Hill would have him do.
"The power to pardon is a beautiful thing," Trump said Friday on his way out the door at the White House. "You got to get it right and you got to get the right people. I am looking at Muhammad Ali," he said, before saying he wants to pardon people who aren't famous too.

Trump floats posthumous pardon for Muhammad Ali

His Ali idea is confusing because Ali needs no pardon. The Supreme Court reversed Ali's conviction in 1971.
"We appreciate President Trump's sentiment, but a pardon is unnecessary," said Ron Tweel, Ali's lawyer in a statement after Trump's comment. "The US Supreme Court overturned the conviction of Muhammad Ali in a unanimous decision in 1971. There is no conviction from which a pardon is needed."

Obama grant the most pardons/clemencies in 64 years ....
Obama did not grant that many pardons. A lot less than most modern presidents.

He did grant clemency to the most prisoners since Truman.

If you read the list, they were mostly non-violent offenders.

Forum List

Back