President Trump orders diplomats to seek DIRECT talks with Taliban to end Afghanistan war

Report: Trump Admin Orders Diplomats to Seek Direct Taliban Talks

Should have never gone in there to begin with. WAY past time to stop wasting American lives in that shit hole. Let the Afghans destroy themselves.

This is great news. In the heat of the original moment we failed to conduct a thorough negotiation with them for the terrorist leadership allegedly responsible for the September 11th attacks. The entire campaign, if necessary to prosecute that objective, should have been conducted by air and in small unit unconventional warfare groups, acting only on directly, demonstrably relevant, actionable intelligence. We didn't even have to stage or build bases in Afghanistan either to project power, we could have continued staging in Tajikistan throughout the whole thing.

Should have never gone in there to begin with. WAY past time to stop wasting American lives in that shit hole. Let the Afghans destroy themselves.

We've lost something like three times as many Americans in the Middle East as we did on 9/11. Over a million wounded and trillions of dollars down the toilet. What good did we accomplish for America? I seem to be confused.

We've lost something like three times as many Americans in the Middle East as we did on 9/11. Over a million wounded and trillions of dollars down the toilet. What good did we accomplish for America? I seem to be confused.

Hmm...sounds like you're on the same page as Trump. That must irk the hell out of ya.

That must irk the hell out of ya.

No, not really. I take issue with Trump only when he does or says something I don't approve of. I'm not a partisan hack.

Trump now wants to surrender in Afghanistan.

Bringing our troops home and leaving the Taliban in charge of 80% of the country is surrender.

Nevertheless, it is time to bring our troops home.

Bringing our troops home and leaving the Taliban in charge of 80% of the country is surrender.

Oh fucking bullshit. it is not surrender, put your fucking partisanship away for one second. The Taliban will be in charge of 80% of the country whether we leave tomorrow or 20 years from now

Oh fucking bullshit. it is not surrender, put your fucking partisanship away for one second. The Taliban will be in charge of 80% of the country whether we leave tomorrow or 20 years from now
Surrender is bullshit, yes, but there it is. Your comment has shown we cannot win the war, thus we lose it now or twenty years from now.

So we dispatched our spec ops and chopper units from Afghanistan to Iraq instead, when we had the former almost wiped clean off the Taliban.

This is great news. In the heat of the original moment we failed to conduct a thorough negotiation with them for the terrorist leadership allegedly responsible for the September 11th attacks. The entire campaign, if necessary to prosecute that objective, should have been conducted by air and in small unit unconventional warfare groups, acting only on directly, demonstrably relevant, actionable intelligence. We didn't even have to stage or build bases in Afghanistan either to project power, we could have continued staging in Tajikistan throughout the whole thing.

Check out the info on Jawbreaker, it is about how the CIA had the Taliban on the ropes in a couple of weeks, how they Bin Laden holed up in Tora Bora and how when the CIA asked I think it was 700 Rangers to close the back door of Tora Bora Bush said no because he was going to use the Northern Tribes for it. Thus in Laden slipped through into Pakistan.

Surrender is bullshit, yes, but there it is. Your comment has shown we cannot win the war, thus we lose it now or twenty years from now.

We did not go into Afghanistan to fight the Taliban, but to take out AQ. We did that, and should have left after doing so.

You are a fucking moron

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

The Taliban never wanted to be our enemy.

In fact, they offered early on to arrest bin Laden and deliver him to a 3rd party country.

Pres. Bush the idiot refused the offer, invaded and destroyed an entire country, killed tens of thousands of innocent Afghan citizens, while looking for 1 man who wasn't even there. .... :cuckoo:

We did not go into Afghanistan to fight the Taliban, but to take out AQ. We did that, and should have left after doing so.

You are a fucking moron Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
And because we did not do that more than sixteen years ago, we are now going to surrender.

Check out the info on Jawbreaker, it is about how the CIA had the Taliban on the ropes in a couple of weeks, how they Bin Laden holed up in Tora Bora and how when the CIA asked I think it was 700 Rangers to close the back door of Tora Bora Bush said no because he was going to use the Northern Tribes for it. Thus in Laden slipped through into Pakistan.

There were lots of GO orders issued on intelligence that was actionable for only a few hours or less, before a makes no sense stand-down followed. Sometimes, way I hear it told, it was hard to tell whether or not it was the good guys who were handing down direct action orders when the Taliban was rolling out as our guys were doing an orbit for landing to prosecute "good' intelligence. Almost as if they'd been tipped off.

You are a fucking moron Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
And because we did not do that more than sixteen years ago, we are now going to surrender.

I fucking hate partisan morons.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back