President to use recess appointment for CFPB :-)

Were they in session when they passed pay roll tax extension?

As expected, the House quickly approved the two-month extension of the Payroll Tax Cut in a pro forma session this morning presided over by Speaker Boehner himself:

The House on Friday morning approved a bill extending the payroll tax holiday and unemployment insurance for two months, and also prevents a planned cut to reimbursements for Medicare physicians.

Rep. Jo Ann Emerson (R-Mo.) asked for unanimous consent, which was declared approved by House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio). The bill is H.R. 3765.

House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.), who tried unsuccessfully to force a vote on the Senate bill earlier in the week, spoke briefly before the bill was accepted to thank Republicans for finally agreeing to the extension.

If President Obama is "right" that they were not in session, then the two month bullshit extension is also not actually Law.

If the extension IS law (and President Obama thanked them for it, and signed it, so he must think it is), then the President unequivocally KNOWS that he's a liar for claiming that the Senate was NOT in session when he "appointed" those officials using the recess appointment power.

So, either President Obama is a fucking liar, or he's a fucking liar.

He did it to please his union supporters, some were not happy with his opposing the pipeline, so even if the courts say these appointments are not legitimate the elections should be over by then, Obama still wins with the unions.

Well then... If what our resident shyster knows his law...and I can't cosign for a guy that couldn't find "law day" but if he has a case.....

The Boner and his fag butt buddy Cantor should immediately proceed with charges of impeachment. I see no other possible course of action.

My guess is that Obama has pushed this thing over a cliff intentionally to force the orange one to make a move. Not sure what he sees as an end game but this could be the most entertaining presidential election year of all time.

Well then... If what our resident shyster knows his law...and I can't cosign for a guy that couldn't find "law day" but if he has a case.....

The Boner and his fag butt buddy Cantor should immediately proceed with charges of impeachment. I see no other possible course of action.

My guess is that Obama has pushed this thing over a cliff intentionally to force the orange one to make a move. Not sure what he sees as an end game but this could be the most entertaining presidential election year of all time.

Anybody can find "law day," Smugz. As I told you back at the time. It coincidentally falls on May Day.

But the fantasy YOU told about law day being a super secret handshake get out of jam free day is such obvious bullshit, I'm surprised that even YOU would try to pawn that stupidity off.

The fact is: President Obama knew his "basis " for invoking the Recess Appointment authority would require that the Senate NOT be in session. But he ALSO fully well knew that they WERE in session.

That's it. The long of it. The short of it. And all of it in between.

He's a lying scumbag.

And there aint nobody gonna try to impeach the lying fuckwit. It would more than suffice if they'd go to Court and get an immediate injunction barring those appointments from taking effect and barring those so-called appointees from engaging in ANY official acts.

How's your YouTube fest coming along these days?

Were they in session when they passed pay roll tax extension?

As expected, the House quickly approved the two-month extension of the Payroll Tax Cut in a pro forma session this morning presided over by Speaker Boehner himself:

The House on Friday morning approved a bill extending the payroll tax holiday and unemployment insurance for two months, and also prevents a planned cut to reimbursements for Medicare physicians.

Rep. Jo Ann Emerson (R-Mo.) asked for unanimous consent, which was declared approved by House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio). The bill is H.R. 3765.

House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.), who tried unsuccessfully to force a vote on the Senate bill earlier in the week, spoke briefly before the bill was accepted to thank Republicans for finally agreeing to the extension.

If President Obama is "right" that they were not in session, then the two month bullshit extension is also not actually Law.

If the extension IS law (and President Obama thanked them for it, and signed it, so he must think it is), then the President unequivocally KNOWS that he's a liar for claiming that the Senate was NOT in session when he "appointed" those officials using the recess appointment power.

So, either President Obama is a fucking liar, or he's a fucking liar.

I think he's both.

The fact remains the appointment will stand regardless what the wacks from the far right and libertarian want to whine about. No one cares.

"Obama said it, he believes it, that settles it."

daveman is entitled to his incorrect opinion, of course, but the recess appointment is constitutional. No germane reason exists to believe otherwise.

The fact remains the appointment will stand regardless what the wacks from the far right and libertarian want to whine about. No one cares.

daveman is entitled to his incorrect opinion, of course, but the recess appointment is constitutional. No germane reason exists to believe otherwise.

They weren't in recess, get through your stupid head Jake "Pro Forma session" is not recess..Got it?

How about the germane reason that Reid used Pro forma sessions to block certain Bush recess appointments, saying that as long as a pro forma session was going, no recess, ergo no appointments could be made.

That good enough for you?

Of course not, because that is somehow just different... right?

The Constitution itself says you're wrong.

You should stop believing Obama and your fellow bootlickers. You're all blinded by your adoration of The One.

Really, he's just a man. He certainly doesn't merit worship.

Last edited:

How about the germane reason that Reid used Pro forma sessions to block certain Bush recess appointments, saying that as long as a pro forma session was going, no recess, ergo no appointments could be made.

Not enough for Jake, he has a man crush on Obama...

preso.png

Pro forma sessions block Bush

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS | 5/24/08 7:34 AM EST

The Senate is famed for its long-winded debates, but on Friday it took Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown just seconds to stop Republicans in their tracks.

With the Senate entering the first day of its Memorial Day recess, the Ohio senator was briefly in the chair, before a near-empty chamber, to gavel in and gavel out what is called a pro forma session. Without that procedural move, the Senate would technically be adjourned and President Bush could install administration officials or judges as "recess appointments" — without Senate confirmation.

"That's the fastest I've ever done it," said Brown, who like other freshmen does duty as presiding officer when the Senate is in regular session. He said he didn't realize until he got there that the prayer and Pledge of Allegiance, which usually open a session, were dispensed with for pro forma meetings.

"I'm willing to do it," Brown said of showing up when nearly every senator has already left town. "We're not going to let them get away with that kind of abuse of power."

According to numbers provided by the Senate historian's office, Bush had made 165 recess appointments by last fall. That's when Democrats started blocking them with pro forma sessions
Read more: Pro forma sessions block Bush - The Associated Press - POLITICO.com

Last edited:

The Senate is famed for its long-winded debates, but on Friday it took Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown just seconds to stop Republicans in their tracks.

With the Senate entering the first day of its Memorial Day recess, the Ohio senator was briefly in the chair, before a near-empty chamber, to gavel in and gavel out what is called a pro forma session. Without that procedural move, the Senate would technically be adjourned and President Bush could install administration officials or judges as "recess appointments" — without Senate confirmation.

"That's the fastest I've ever done it," said Brown, who like other freshmen does duty as presiding officer when the Senate is in regular session. He said he didn't realize until he got there that the prayer and Pledge of Allegiance, which usually open a session, were dispensed with for pro forma meetings.

"I'm willing to do it," Brown said of showing up when nearly every senator has already left town. "We're not going to let them get away with that kind of abuse of power."

According to numbers provided by the Senate historian's office, Bush had made 165 recess appointments by last fall. That's when Democrats started blocking them with pro forma sessions
That's different. Somehow. It just is.

That's different. Somehow. It just is.

I think Jake is on the Obama's payroll

Neither House, during the Session of Congress, shall, without the Consent of the other, adjourn for more than three days, nor to any other Place than that in which the two Houses shall be sitting

U.S. Constitution - Article 1 Section 5 - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

I think Jake is on the Obama's payroll

Neither House, during the Session of Congress, shall, without the Consent of the other, adjourn for more than three days, nor to any other Place than that in which the two Houses shall be sitting

U.S. Constitution - Article 1 Section 5 - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net
Wouldn't surprise me. Obama has a habit of hiring incompetents. :lol:

you've been provided with a 'germane ' reason , 3 times, but you're natural abhorrence to common sense and simple reading comprehension ( you didn't take that course did you? ) precludes you from parsing English clearly.

I think Jakey had an aneurism :rofl:

Conservative, come closer, grasshopper. This is not about tit for tat, this for that, or a grasshopper for a locust.

Both sides were wrong to do it.

And now neither side will block a recess appointment on such silly nonsense.

Last edited:
Conservative, come closer, grasshopper. This is not about tit for tat, this for that, or a grasshopper for a locust.

And now neither side will black a recess appointment on such silly nonsense.

It's not a recess appointment, dipshit.

And now neither side will black a recess appointment on such silly nonsense.

Just admit you've got nothing(as usual) is the payroll tax cut extension valid? being that it was passed in a "pro forma" session?

Forum List

Back