President Obama's class warfare mentality misreads American mood

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Liability, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Liability

Liability Locked Account. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,064
    It is interesting to see that even The Washington Compost is starting to catch on.

Excerpted from -- Obama’s simplistic view of income inequality - The Washington Post

The full read is interesting.

I think it gets to heart of why the whole Occuturd wail about "income inequality" has never resonated with me.

I don't wanna live in a grey world where we all have to "earn" roughly the same amount no matter what we do or how hard we labor or how clever our inventions and products might be. Accordingly, I ENDORSE income inequality. It's ok that some people make more than I do. If I want more, I can work harder or smarter.

2. imbalance

imbalance Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +163
    Liberty and equality, taken to their logical extremes, are contradictory.

I'll choose liberty.

3. Liability

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,064
    I am not sure that's accurate. I can see how, under some circumstances, it can be true, however.

We are all perfectly equal, in one sense, in that we have the very same entitlement to fundamental rights (regardless of whether we actually all get the benefit of those rights).

One of the rights we share equally is the natural and inherent right to be free.

Equality of opportunity does not entail equality of outcome. So, again, income "inequality" doesn't offend a proper sense of justice. Or, at least, it should've.

4. Mustang

Mustang Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
    Ratings:
    +1,792
    It's an Op-Ed piece, not a news story.

I would say that the continued OWS demonstrations paint quite a different picture of what average people think since large scale protests only happen when people are really fed up with the status quo. When that fact is combined with images of millions of people losing their homes to foreclosures while the uber wealthy lead ever more extravagant lifestyles, you should ask yourself a question. Do Americans have more confidence that they'll end up being members of the 1 percent, or do Americans have increasing fears that the standard of living for themselves and their children will decline in the coming years?

5. Inthemiddle

Inthemiddle BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +674
    1) Why is Obama instantly lumped into the OWS movement? It's clear they hate him.

2) Why does the conservative fringe always talk about class warfare? They're the only ones who do. It's like Christians telling non-believers to beware the traps of Satan.

6. Uncensored2008

Uncensored2008 Libertarian Radical Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,788
    It's clear that his campaign was behind it, the SEIU thugs who pulls his puppet strings are the majority of the bodies at OWS Shit-ins.

The Shitter movement isn't just Astroturf, it's Obamaturf.

The insane left wages class warfare.

7. Liability

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,064
    No shit, Sherlock. This just in: sunrise comes in the MORNING!

The OWS occuturds are not a representative sampling of the American people. So, your example doesn't serve to paint any different picture.

Wishful thinking on the part of another lib sheeple doesn't qualify as factual material.

One of the many problems you chowder heads have is the inability (or unwillingness, perhaps) to even properly identify your terms and define them.

You caterwaul about [ZOMG!!!] "income inequality" but you are grunting and inarticulate at best about what you propose is a viable alternative. If I work harder, and better and smarter and more productively or more creatively than you do, and I "produce" more or better goods or services, why the FUCK would I want to make the same as you?

And, what would your incentive be to become a more productive employee?

[BTW, when I say "you" and "I", I don't mean you and me literally. We're just place holders for this discussion. I disagree with you LOTS of times. But for one moment of candor, I'll concede that you aren't actually stupid. My honest position about you and your thinking is that you are simply not well thought out.]

8. jgarden

jgarden Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +201
    President Obama's class warfare mentality misreads American mood - all one has to do is to look as far as the 112th US Congress to see that the best interests of the wealthy, the top 1%, are being well represented.

Almost half the all members of Congress are millionaires and were it to reflect the economic status of Americans, there would be only 5 millionaires in the House and Senate, not 249!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  9. Uncensored2008

Uncensored2008 Libertarian Radical Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,788

The other half are Republicans.

Why don't you demand that Nancy Pelosi step down?

10. Listening

Listening Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,044
    I'll be with you.