president obama: what special interest group has he most riled?

From the options below, I think the most dangerous group Pres. Obama has upset is:

• Neo-Nazis/ US Constitutionalists/ militias.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • The Pentagon.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Insurance—particularly, the Health Insurance—lobby.

• AIPAC.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Organized crime — especially the Russian Mafiya.

• Anti-abortionists/ the Christian Right.

• The media.

• Multinational corporations.

• American Veterans groups.

• A lobby not listed above.

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi [MENTION=46796]shart_attack[/MENTION]
You're still missing the point.
It is not about the GROUPS that are dangerous and projecting the blame on that.

It is the act of DEMONIZING each other divisively, and projecting in the first place.

So just making the list, as if these groups are the problem,
is part of the problem. We are conditioned to project on groups outside ourselves
instead of addressing what causes us to divide and project outward onto anyone.

fueling THAT division is what is so dangerous. We become divided against ourselves.
Each thinking some other group is the big enemy. Trying to blame one lobby or another.
Missing the entire problem which is the either/or, them vs. us, paradigm in all cases.

I would say the most dangerous consequence
is DIVIDING and DISTRACTING the American people,
wasting more time resources and efforts fighting by party
instead of investing directly into solutions. The sooner we
can rebuild and turn the economy around to stop the waste
on conflict and crime, we have a better chance of saving our nation
instead of losing it while debts and resources are going to China and hostile interests.

It's not one group over another, and that's not the source of danger.

The danger is in the division that weakens our ability to work together and recover
from the losses, waste, and debts that continue to accumulate in the meantime;
and in continuing to LOBBY for millions to go into political campaigns "for and against"
each other's parties or candidates instead of fixing the actual problems causing the fights!

That's exactly why I was very specific with the groups that I listed in the poll.

Every group in the poll has the financial wherewithal to plot something nefarious.

Some in the poll are IMHO more dangerous than others, because they have not merely the financial wherewithal, but far stronger potential collective group motives than the others.

With a good imagination, it isn't terribly difficult to see how some far-reaching, Oliver Stone-esque conspiracy could occur, because our president has made a LOT of enemies in the past five-and-a-half years.

All presidents do. :thup:

Also, why would you lump Neo-Nazis with Constitutionalist? Explains your biased left ignorance.

Umm, because anyone who's ever had as much as a Political Science 101 course knows that most militias are composed of white supremacists. Duh.

You obviously wouldn't understand. Moron.

OK
and a disproportionate amount of the criminal populations incarcerated are ethnic minorities.
Does that mean these groups are a threat? Or the CONDITIONS affecting
both poor whites and poor minorities caught in a cycle of poverty and incarceration/crime.

Do you see the difference, between addressing the common issues
vs. trying to label or blame on a group for convenience sake?

That's the difference between addressing problems facing "we the people" as a whole,
vs. splintering off and targeting one group more than another, especially by race or culture.

Hi [MENTION=46796]shart_attack[/MENTION]
You're still missing the point.
It is not about the GROUPS that are dangerous and projecting the blame on that.

It is the act of DEMONIZING each other divisively, and projecting in the first place.

So just making the list, as if these groups are the problem,
is part of the problem. We are conditioned to project on groups outside ourselves
instead of addressing what causes us to divide and project outward onto anyone.

fueling THAT division is what is so dangerous. We become divided against ourselves.
Each thinking some other group is the big enemy. Trying to blame one lobby or another.
Missing the entire problem which is the either/or, them vs. us, paradigm in all cases.

I would say the most dangerous consequence
is DIVIDING and DISTRACTING the American people,
wasting more time resources and efforts fighting by party
instead of investing directly into solutions. The sooner we
can rebuild and turn the economy around to stop the waste
on conflict and crime, we have a better chance of saving our nation
instead of losing it while debts and resources are going to China and hostile interests.

It's not one group over another, and that's not the source of danger.

The danger is in the division that weakens our ability to work together and recover
from the losses, waste, and debts that continue to accumulate in the meantime;
and in continuing to LOBBY for millions to go into political campaigns "for and against"
each other's parties or candidates instead of fixing the actual problems causing the fights!

That's exactly why I was very specific with the groups that I listed in the poll.

Every group in the poll has the financial wherewithal to plot something nefarious.

Some in the poll are IMHO more dangerous than others, because they have not merely the financial wherewithal, but far stronger potential collective group motives than the others.

With a good imagination, it isn't terribly difficult to see how some far-reaching, Oliver Stone-esque conspiracy could occur, because our president has made a LOT of enemies in the past five-and-a-half years.

All presidents do. :thup:

:lmao::lmao::lmao: I'm "missing the point" of my own thread.

Forum List

Back