President Obama Gun and Ammo Salesman of the Year

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Missourian, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Missourian

Missourian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,124
    I went to Wal-mart today and they were nearly out of ammunition.

I wanted some .22 LR...completely out...out of .223...out of .380...out of .45 and .30-30 and .270 ammunition. I couldn't believe it. The guy behind the couter said they were all on backorder and they didn't know when they would get anything in.

Is Obama the top gun salesman of the Year? - Inside Outside - Washington Times - Politics, Breaking News, US and World News

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  2. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    See? He's stimulating the economy! :D

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    And the real reason why the NRA made the smears that Obama was going to take away people's guns come out.

4. Missourian

Missourian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,124

Not smears, his voting record.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    FactCheck.org: NRA Targets Obama

Most of the NRA claims are false and misleading.

The rest were true at a time back in either 2000 and 2004. However, if a man can not change his political convictions in this country ever then I don't know what to say. You can bring up his prior voting record that MIGHT show something that MIGHT happen but the reality is that Obama has not proposed anything in this election cycle that would take away Gun Owners right to bear arms.

6. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    In order to accept that he has changed his political convictions he must demonstrate it. Thus far, he has not.

7. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Thus far he has not done anything for or against Guns in this country as President.

So how can you judge him currently? You may judge the Obama of 1996 or 2000 if you so choose, but the Obama of 2009 you have no substance in reason for doing so.

8. Angel Heart

Angel Heart Conservative Hippie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    If Obama does make moves toward gun control, will you march with us Robert?

9. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Depends on what Angel. I am all for the right to bear arms. However, I am also for reasonable gun control.

Guns do require some form of regulation/laws. Guns should not be in bars for example. Guns should not be carried into school by students or teachers. Guns in any school zone should be carried by Law Enforcement officals except in an emergency.

Being in High School, I can tell you straight out that I wouldn't trust many with a gun in a time of crisis including many of my friends.

Guns should not be sold to children, ex-convicts, mentally incapable people.

I do not believe someone needs a RPG in their home to protect themselves. I do not believe that someone needs a AK-47 either. Am I fine with something like a shotgun? Yes.

I really don't know how far people like you and MO want to go in getting rid of Gun Control. Having everybody carrying guns is a insane idea considering what the norm is for people who get into arguments or situations that include anger.

Someone can be perfectly fine when they buy the gun, but say they find their wife in bed with another man. What do you hear happens so often?

Obama is right when he says the rights of hunters must be protected but so must the lives of non-hunters such as the children in Chicago who are shot down.

And yes, I've heard the argument many times that illegal guns are the main root.

However, what were the guns from with the two worst school shootings in history of the U.S. (Columbine and Virginia Tech).

Columbine, the guns were bought through a straw purchase at a Gun show. Perfectly legally for the original buyer. They would of bought them themselves had they been legal age.

Virginia Tech, Cho bought his guns in a legal manner despite being in violation of the 1968 Federal Law.

So yes, more needs to be done with the gun laws in our country. The NRA and others can feel that perhaps all but a few of our gun laws should be taken away, but then guns can be put into the hands of these murderers just as easy.

But just because "these murderers will get the weapons if they try hard enough" is no good argument to repeal all gun laws. Because when we apply that logic elsewhere, we should get rid of all laws pertaining to crime and punishment since people still commit such crimes.

10. Missourian

Missourian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,124

Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban
    • Obama was being misleading when he denied that his handwriting had been on a document endorsing a state ban on the sale and possession of handguns in Illinois. Obama responded, "No, my writing wasn't on that particular questionnaire. As I said, I have never favored an all-out ban on handguns."
    • Actually, Obama's writing was on the 1996 document, which was filed when Obama was running for the Illinois state Senate. A Chicago nonprofit, Independent Voters of Illinois, had this question, and Obama took hard line:

• 35. Do you support state legislation to:
      a. ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? Yes.
      b. ban assault weapons? Yes.
      c. mandatory waiting periods and background checks? Yes.
    • Obama's campaign said, "Sen. Obama didn't fill out these state Senate questionnaires--a staffer did--and there are several answers that didn't reflect his views then or now. He may have jotted some notes on the front page of the questionnaire, but some answers didn't reflect his views."
    On the DC handgun ban Obama says:

• First Obama says he believes the ban is constitutional.
    • When it is overturned he denies saying that.
    • Obama then said he believes "that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can't constrain the exercise of that right."
    Bans Obama doesn't deny:

<DL><DD>Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following: </DD></DL><DL><DD>
    </DD></DL><DL><DD>Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following: </DD></DL><DL><DD>
    • Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
    • Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or silencer
    • Barrel shroud that can be used as a hand-hold
    • Unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more
    • A semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm
    </DD></DL>

<DL><DD>Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following: </DD></DL><DL><DD>
    • Folding or telescoping stock
    • Pistol grip
    • Fixed capacity of more than 5 rounds
    • Detachable magazine
    </DD></DL>
    • High Cap Magazines

Barack Obama on Gun Control

Gun control: Election Center 2008 - CNN.com

AWB - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia