President Obama gets High Marks for handling Christmas incident

No complaints from this conservative about how he handled it.

Immie

OK. How did he handle it?

Obama manned up to it and took ownership of the mistakes. Something Bush could never bring himself to do.

" The situation in Iraq is unacceptable to the American people – and it is unacceptable to me. Our troops in Iraq have fought bravely. They have done everything we have asked them to do. Where mistakes have been made, the responsibility rests with me."--President Bush, January 10, 2007 address to the nation.

OK. How did he handle it?

Obama manned up to it and took ownership of the mistakes. Something Bush could never bring himself to do.

" The situation in Iraq is unacceptable to the American people – and it is unacceptable to me. Our troops in Iraq have fought bravely. They have done everything we have asked them to do. Where mistakes have been made, the responsibility rests with me."--President Bush, January 10, 2007 address to the nation.

Again I ask...how about 9/11?

What about 9/11?

What about 9/11?
Yes, Bush ignored the warnings of an attack, took the longest vacation in history and then went to Florida to read "My Pet Goat".

“I am less interested in passing out blame than I am in learning from and correcting these mistakes to make us safer. For ultimately, the buck stops with me. … When the system fails, it is my responsibility.”

The GOP could learn from this man...

bush took responsibility for the fed fuck ups in katrina...

try honesty sometime

you're doing a heck of a job, brownie!

What about 9/11?
Yes, Bush ignored the warnings of an attack, took the longest vacation in history and then went to Florida to read "My Pet Goat".

This has been argued ad nauseun multiple times, but here goes - there was no actionable intelligence - nothing specific enough to act on. The political climate at the time in the Congress and the public would not have supported any kind of pre-emptive actions based on such vague warnings. Look at all the crap that flew over Somalia and Bosnia. No one believed America would ever be attacked in that fashion. Add to that - 9/11 was in the planning for years - it didn't come into being spontaneously so if you have to blame Bush, well - blame Clinton too - it would be just as inaccurate. And, frankly - I think one of Bush's finest hours was in his handling of 9/11 and the aftermath. To bad he screwed it up by invading Iraq.

"Katrina exposed serious problems in our response capability at all levels of government and to the extent the federal government didn't fully do its job right, I take responsibility," Bush 9/13 05

Not too different from Obama's statement either is it?

What about 9/11?

This has been argued ad nauseun multiple times, but here goes - there was no actionable intelligence - nothing specific enough to act on. The political climate at the time in the Congress and the public would not have supported any kind of pre-emptive actions based on such vague warnings. Look at all the crap that flew over Somalia and Bosnia. No one believed America would ever be attacked in that fashion. Add to that - 9/11 was in the planning for years - it didn't come into being spontaneously so if you have to blame Bush, well - blame Clinton too - it would be just as inaccurate. And, frankly - I think one of Bush's finest hours was in his handling of 9/11 and the aftermath. To bad he screwed it up by invading Iraq.
Prior to 9/11 when Bush visited Italy, he slept on an aircraft carrier, because they had warnings that terrorists would highjack planes and fly them into buildings.

Prior to 9/11 when Bush visited Italy, he slept on an aircraft carrier, because they had warnings that terrorists would highjack planes and fly them into buildings.

Again....what exactly could have been acted on? Got a date? Maybe an idea of what planes? Out of where? Hijacked by which people? Anything to actually act on in a preventative manner? Or, simply unspecified threats?

they had those warnings when clinton was president....so vague....and from what you saying, the warnigns were buildings in ITALY, not the US

nice try at gotcha though....they had no where near the actionable intelligence as obama had with the christmas incident though....

Forum List

Back