President Obama & America, Reason has a message for you.

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street

In the form of an OP-ED piece

dowd-ts-1902.jpg

by Maureen Dowd

Let me be perfectly clear, Mr. Perfectly Unclear President: You cannot take such a stand on a matter of first principle and then take it back the next morning when, lo and behold, Harry Reid goes craven and the Republicans attack. What is so frightening about Fox News?

Some critics have said the ultimate victory for Osama and the 9/11 hijackers would be to allow a mosque to be built near ground zero.

Actually, the ultimate victory for Osama and the 9/11 hijackers is the moral timidity that would ban a mosque from that neighborhood.
Our enemies struck at our heart, but did they also warp our identity?

President Obama & America, Reason has a message for you, and many of us -- the sane, the dwindling reasonable and rational among us, agree with Maureen

note:
The war against the terrorists is not a war against Islam. George W. Bush understood this. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

In the form of an OP-ED piece

dowd-ts-1902.jpg

by Maureen Dowd

Let me be perfectly clear, Mr. Perfectly Unclear President: You cannot take such a stand on a matter of first principle and then take it back the next morning when, lo and behold, Harry Reid goes craven and the Republicans attack. What is so frightening about Fox News?

Some critics have said the ultimate victory for Osama and the 9/11 hijackers would be to allow a mosque to be built near ground zero.

Actually, the ultimate victory for Osama and the 9/11 hijackers is the moral timidity that would ban a mosque from that neighborhood.
Our enemies struck at our heart, but did they also warp our identity?

President Obama & America, Reason has a message for you, and many of us -- the sane, the dwindling reasonable and rational among us, agree with Maureen

:eusa_whistle:
I've said it in other places, but it needs repeating, the terrorists are winning with this issues.

That said, what about Reason, the dwindling reasonable and rational among us? What can we do? What should we do? What will you do?

:cool:
dD

---

note: The war against the terrorists is not a war against Islam. George W. Bush understood this. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back