President Obama Again Criticizes Trips to Las Vegas

I guess to some, they will spin a president demonstrating his free speech and stating his opinion on the manner as "acting like our conscience". Talk about spin. Seems to be another dishonest attempt to claim they are not being partisan hacks. We see right through the bullshit

got a mouse in your pocket?

and i thought you claimed to be honest.

Go figure

still looking del...

Our on board conservatives here started multiple threads on this topic. I have yet to see one of our "real conservatives" support what president obama said

he said a stupid thing. You want to support it and look stupid, please feel free....you are very good at looking stupid.

We conservatyives believe in personal responsibility.

I know...i know.....what a horrible thing to believe in.

hypocrite!

Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman, who led the chorus of criticism last year when Obama warned against Las Vegas visits "on the taxpayers' dime," took his outrage a step further during a hastily arranged news conference at City Hall.

"An apology won't be acceptable this time," said Goodman,

Thanks del....this is good stuff

So Las Vegas wants taxpayers to pay for corporate junkets to their city and our on board Conservatives come to his defense. Are you all that dense? Taxpayers funding SuperBowl tickets and Vegas junkets and you support it?

Talk about fiscal irresponsibility

But we digress......

Lets get back to Conservatives encouraging Americans to spend their Mortgage and College education funds on Vegas vacations

I thought they claimed they would be fiscally responsible?

and i thought you claimed to be honest.

go figure

Still looking del...

Our on board conservatives here started multiple threads on this topic. I have yet to see one of our "real conservatives" support what President Obama said

while some of our on board conservatives are not the sharpest tool in the shed, even they're not stupid enough to support this bullshit nor your pathetic attempt at spinning it.

keep swinging though, it is amusing.

Funny thing is, if Obama didn't say anything and there was an article about gov't bailed out companies having these, the obama bashers would be in here bashing Obama for not saying anything.

Obama could heal the sick and the conservatives would find a way to complain about it

Unreal

Listen you hack....

We conservatives agree that companies uwith bail out money should curb spending.
This debate is about him trying to act as our conscience.

Stop being a hack and add something to the debate.

Cool. If that makes you feel manly...go for it.
I have had enough of your childish ranting.

phony

But we digress......

Lets get back to Conservatives encouraging Americans to spend their Mortgage and College education funds on Vegas vacations

I thought they claimed they would be fiscally responsible?

We are you loser of a hack....we are.

And exactly where are conservatives encouraging Americans to spend their Mortgage and College education funds on Vegas vacations you spinning lying hack.
Please cite an example?

All we are saying is do as you please.....just do not put yourself in a position where the responsible need to bail you out.......agian!

My friend....

Read this thread. Our good conservative board members started multiple threads attacking Obama for these statements
"When times are tough, you tighten your belts," the president said. "You don't go buying a boat when you can barely pay your mortgage. You don't blow a bunch of cash on Vegas when you're trying to save for college."

The president's comments come nearly a year after he criticized companies that received federal money for taking corporate junkets to Las Vegas. "You can't go take that trip to Las Vegas or go down to the Super Bowl on taxpayers' dime," he said at the time. Local business leaders say Nevada tourism suffered last year in part because companies canceled trips to Las Vegas in the wake of the president's comments.

I have yet to see one of our Conservatives support the President for this sound financial advice....yourself included

Do you advocate corporations going to the Superbowl on the taxpayers dime? That is what you attacked President Obama for

The advice is sound and logical. People already know what he advised...but yes, it is sound and it is logical.

However, as POTUS, it is his responsibility to be careful when he gives unsolicited advice to the people. Why mention Vegas? Why not say "do not spend frivolously"? Why did he not say Atlantic City...or Disneyland....or dont buy cars you dont need...why just boats? Why not 200 dollar sneakers? Or iPods? Things that MOST of the irresponsible buy when they dont have the money?

You do realize that to buy a boat you need to have good credit and a job....so who was he talking to? The repsonsible?

Is it responsible for an unemployed 22 year old living at home with no income to spend 200 on a pair of sneakers with his credit card?

How many people this year do you think bought a boat with a credit card? Compare it to the thousands that spent 200 on sneakers with a credit card.

Why not give advice that is directed to the REAL issue....?

His approach created a stigma for Vegas...and you cant deny it.

He claimed to be a uniter....but even when he gives simple sound advice, he has a tendancy to not think of the consequences fo how he says it.

Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman, who led the chorus of criticism last year when Obama warned against Las Vegas visits "on the taxpayers' dime," took his outrage a step further during a hastily arranged news conference at City Hall.

So Las Vegas wants taxpayers to pay for corporate junkets to their city and our on board Conservatives come to his defense. Are you all that dense? Taxpayers funding SuperBowl tickets and Vegas junkets and you support it?

did you OD on stupid pills this morning?

las vegas wants people, ordinary people, to come there on their vacations.
obama continues to demonize las vegas (althought hawaii seems to get a pass) and it's costing real people like doormen, waitresses, managers,restaurant workers their jobs.

i'm sorry you're too dense to figure this out for yourself, but not surprised.

Funny thing is, if Obama didn't say anything and there was an article about gov't bailed out companies having these, the obama bashers would be in here bashing Obama for not saying anything.

Obama could heal the sick and the conservatives would find a way to complain about it

Unreal

Listen you hack....

We conservatives agree that companies uwith bail out money should curb spending.

phony

lol.....great comeback...again!

You are just way too easy....I need someone with ideas to debate....you aint got nuttin!

still looking del...

Our on board conservatives here started multiple threads on this topic. I have yet to see one of our "real conservatives" support what president obama said

he said a stupid thing. You want to support it and look stupid, please feel free....you are very good at looking stupid.

We conservatyives believe in personal responsibility.

I know...i know.....what a horrible thing to believe in.

hypocrite!

Great stuff doc.....shows what you have....NADA.

open mouth insert foot chomp on it some swirl it around, spit and repeat .:lol:

President Obama is catching heat from Nevada lawmakers and business leaders regarding his comments Tuesday criticizing trips to Las Vegas.

During the president's town hall meeting in Nashua, New Hampshire, he discussed the need to curb spending during tough economic times. "When times are tough, you tighten your belts," the president said. "You don't go buying a boat when you can barely pay your mortgage. You don't blow a bunch of cash on Vegas when you're trying to save for college."

The president's comments come nearly a year after he criticized companies that received federal money for taking corporate junkets to Las Vegas. "You can't go take that trip to Las Vegas or go down to the Super Bowl on taxpayers' dime," he said at the time. Local business leaders say Nevada tourism suffered last year in part because companies canceled trips to Las Vegas in the wake of the president's comments.

the rest here.
President Obama Again Criticizes Trips to Las Vegas - Las Vegas Now

Yep and he could have made his point in many different ways without ever mentioning Vegas, so the question looms, what is Obama's hang up with Vegas?

Mike

did you OD on stupid pills this morning?

las vegas wants people, ordinary people, to come there on their vacations.
obama continues to demonize las vegas (althought hawaii seems to get a pass) and it's costing real people like doormen, waitresses, managers,restaurant workers their jobs.

i'm sorry you're too dense to figure this out for yourself, but not surprised.

Disneyland gets a pass.
$200 dollar sneakers get a pass
iPods get a pass
100 dollar tickets to a BB game gets a pass.

You know...all of the things that the true IRRESPONSIBLE buy gets a pass.

What doesnt get a pass? Things that few of the RESPONSIBLE buy....like boats.

Listen you hack....

phony

You are just way too easy....I need someone with ideas to debate....you aint got nuttin!

Yup, deflect all you want, you pretend not to be a partisan hack, all while you are. Sorry, called you out on your bullshit and phoniness.

I'd say your comeback was pretty lame yourself. Can't address the fact you were outed as a phony

open mouth insert foot chomp on it some swirl it around, spit and repeat .:lol:

President Obama is catching heat from Nevada lawmakers and business leaders regarding his comments Tuesday criticizing trips to Las Vegas.

During the president's town hall meeting in Nashua, New Hampshire, he discussed the need to curb spending during tough economic times. "When times are tough, you tighten your belts," the president said. "You don't go buying a boat when you can barely pay your mortgage. You don't blow a bunch of cash on Vegas when you're trying to save for college."

the rest here.
President Obama Again Criticizes Trips to Las Vegas - Las Vegas Now

Yep and he could have made his point in many different ways without ever mentioning Vegas, so the question looms, what is Obama's hang up with Vegas?

Mike

Seems he has a hard on for the things that RESPONSIBLE people, onm the most part, buy and use.

Has he been out there mentuioning the rediculous activity of buying $200 dollar sneakers?

Is he aware that THOSE are the things that create issues?

How many people with little cash buy boats? Fly to Vegas?

How many people with little cash spend 200 on sneakers?

Something tells me more people who are struggling bought sneakers for 200 than went to Vegas.

AM I wrong with this assumption?

Yup, deflect all you want, you pretend not to be a partisan hack, all while you are. Sorry, called you out on your bullshit and phoniness.

I'd say your comeback was pretty lame yourself. Can't address the fact you were outed as a phony

Oh...I see....so I am a phony because you said I am a phony and you expect me to address it or I am confirming I am a phony.

I see.

Ok. I will address it as you addressed it...

I am not a phony.

There...does that exonerate me?

Asshole.

hypocrite!

Just a knack for outing people that are full of shit

So address this.....

Seems he has a hard on for the things that RESPONSIBLE people, onm the most part, buy and use.

Has he been out there mentuioning the rediculous activity of buying $200 dollar sneakers?

Something tells me more people who are struggling bought sneakers for 200 than went to Vegas.

Oh...I see....so I am a phony because you said I am a phony and you expect me to address it or I am confirming I am a phony.

I see.

Ok. I will address it as you addressed it...

I am not a phony.

There...does that exonerate me?

Asshole.

Ow, what a child old and tired. Whatever makes you feel like a man. You getting mad now that I proved you to be a phony? The quotes above showing you calling me childish and a hack and then your childish, hackish response prove it, not simply because I said so.

No, this thread just continues to provide evidence of it. Apparently I'm not the only one that noticed this.

Just a knack for outing people that are full of shit

So address this.....

So once again logic is a thread killer?

Forum List

Back