President Looking Through Romney Donor's Divorce Records

This bothers you why exactly? First, I thought the right wings answer to campaign finance reform was full disclosure. Second, I doubt if you were very concerned Bush's op-research investigated private citizen George Soros.

If someone is using the stupid shield given by Citizens United, to pump millions into influence our elections, I think we have right to know who the hell they are.

The Chicago Way......go judge shopping until you find one to unseal private records between spouses. The President did this with Jack Ryan whan he was running for Senate in Illinois. Divorce records are a covenant between two parties as part of a settlement. Obama and water carriers feel entitled to it. Yet, these same people have no problem with a US Speaker of the House telling the American People that a Bill must be passed so we can find out what is in it.

Your calls for transparency are flawed.

And his most transparent Attorney General has turned over all the requested information for Fast and Furious. See, everything else is public record to Obama and his cronies except theirs.

This bothers you why exactly? First, I thought the right wings answer to campaign finance reform was full disclosure. Second, I doubt if you were very concerned Bush's op-research investigated private citizen George Soros.

If someone is using the stupid shield given by Citizens United, to pump millions into influence our elections, I think we have right to know who the hell they are.

The Chicago Way......go judge shopping until you find one to unseal private records between spouses. The President did this with Jack Ryan whan he was running for Senate in Illinois. Divorce records are a covenant between two parties as part of a settlement. Obama and water carriers feel entitled to it. Yet, these same people have no problem with a US Speaker of the House telling the American People that a Bill must be passed so we can find out what is in it.

It wasn't hard to get 7of9 to spill her guts about Ryan pressuring her to go to sex clubs. In fairness, I think the public needed to know what freak that family values pusher was. Oh, and moron, the records weren't release by a Chicago court, they were released by a Los Angeles Superior Court.

Last edited:
Like I told your fellow moron -- you have once instance in this century.

I don't care who does it -- it's a crappy way to run a campaign. It shows weakness.

Meanwhile, you condemn the GOP for doing it, while excusing Dems.

Typical.

I have one instance in the LAST century (please try and keep up) that was significant enough to force a sitting president to resign. Rove was caught pulling so many dirty tricks, Axlerod would have to go to another 20 years of school to come close to catching up. You do know that Rove cut his teeth doing dirty tricks for Nixon, don't you.

Now if you want a filthy example of going after a civilian, I suggest you recall Valerie Plame and her husband.
That was a reporter, you moron, not the Bush Administration. Stop lying.

Dave, your lying is amazing. The Vice-President's Chief of Staff was tried and convicted for lying that he was one of the people responsible for that leak. Do you need a link for that too? I know how lazy you can be.

Last edited:
A little knowledge for you clueless conservatives. A sample from 2006:

"Opposition research is power," said Rep. Thomas M. Reynolds (N.Y.), the NRCC chairman. "Opposition research is the key to defining untested opponents."

The Republican National Committee, meanwhile, has enlisted veteran party strategist Terry Nelson to run a campaign that will coordinate with Senate Republicans on ads that similarly will rely on the best of the worst that researchers have dug up on Democrats. The first ad run by the new RNC effort criticizes Ohio Rep. Sherrod Brown (D) for voting against proposals designed to toughen border protection and deport illegal immigrants.

Because challengers tend to be little-known compared with incumbents, they are more vulnerable to having their public image framed by the opposition through attacks and unflattering personal revelations.

And with polls showing the Republicans' House and Senate majorities in jeopardy, party strategists said they have concluded that their best chance to prevent big Democratic gains is a television and direct-mail blitz over the next eight weeks aimed at raising enough questions about Democratic candidates that voters decide they are unacceptable choices.

"When you run in an adverse political environment, you try to localize and personalize the race as much as you can," Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.) said.

In a memo released last week, Cole, who is running to succeed Reynolds at the NRCC, expanded on that strategy. The memo recommended that vulnerable incumbents spend $20,000 on a research "package" to find damaging material about challengers and urged that they "define your opponent immediately and unrelentingly."

In a Pivotal Year, GOP Plans to Get Personal

Do you mean there's opposition research and dirty tricks in politics? I'm shocked!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjbPi00k_ME]Casablanca gambling? I'm shocked! - YouTube[/ame]

It wasn't hard to get 7of9 to spill her guts about Ryan pressuring her to go to sex clubs. In fairness, I think the public needed to know what freak that family values pusher was. Oh, and moron, the records weren't release by a Chicago court, they were released by a Los Angeles Superior Court.

Actually, both Jack and Jeri Ryan agreed to release the divorce papers.

uhm, so that means we get to hear about their personal habits issues family life? really? ok, I'll play- then why did the left squawk at the wright issue being looked at?

That's true, got some cobwebs on that. The did unseal them because they had a dispute over visitation rights with their son. So the people here claiming that Obama used some secret way of unsealing them are lying once again.

This is a private citizen. This kind of thing only happens in corrupt societies. It is purely an intimidation tactic.

How would you like it if every time you gave to your candidate of choice somebody started looking through your personal files??

This is someone running a campaign, from behind the curtain, and using the door opened by the idiotic Roberts court to directly campaign against Obama and for Romney, using as much money as they feel like, with no disclosure.

Soros is also a private citizen, but that didn't stop Bush from digging up dirt on him. You act like this is something new in politics.

Bush doesn't dig up dirt.

Soros is an open book.

uhm not quite-

On June 22, 2004, after receiving a report from the referee, Judge Schnider released the files that were deemed consistent with the interests of Ryan's young child. In those files, Jeri Ryan alleged that Jack Ryan had asked her to perform sexual acts with him in public in sex clubs in New York, New Orleans, and Paris. Jeri Ryan described one as "a bizarre club with cages, whips and other apparatus hanging from the ceiling."[1][12]

The decision to release these files generated much controversy because it went against both parents' direct request, and because it reversed the earlier decision to seal the papers in the best interest of the child. Jim Oberweis, Ryan's defeated GOP opponent, commented that "these are allegations made in a divorce hearing, and we all know people tend to say things that aren't necessarily true in divorce proceedings when there is money involved and custody of children involved."[1]

and just for the heck of it-

Subsequent to his withdrawal from the U.S. Senate race in Illinois, Jack Ryan has characterized what happened to him as a "new low for politics in America".[17] According to Ryan, it was unprecedented in American politics for a newspaper to sue for access to sealed custody documents. Ryan opposed unsealing the divorce records of Senator John Kerry during Kerry's race against George W. Bush in 2004, and Kerry's divorce records remained sealed. Ryan has made the following request: "let me be the only person this has happened to. Don’t ask for Ted Kennedy’s. Don’t ask for John McCain’s. Don’t ask for Joe Lieberman’s. Just stop. This is not a good precedent for American society if you really want the best and brightest to run."[17]

Jack Ryan (politician) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you mean there's opposition research and dirty tricks in politics? I'm shocked!

Casablanca gambling? I'm shocked! - YouTube

I don't want a government that has to win by doing this.

Far as I'm concerned it's totally unethical....if not criminal.

Next thing they'll be doing is kicking down their doors.

This kind of thing goes on in Russia, but it shouldn't be going on in America.

Last edited:

uhm not quite-

On June 22, 2004, after receiving a report from the referee, Judge Schnider released the files that were deemed consistent with the interests of Ryan's young child. In those files, Jeri Ryan alleged that Jack Ryan had asked her to perform sexual acts with him in public in sex clubs in New York, New Orleans, and Paris. Jeri Ryan described one as "a bizarre club with cages, whips and other apparatus hanging from the ceiling."[1][12]

The decision to release these files generated much controversy because it went against both parents' direct request, and because it reversed the earlier decision to seal the papers in the best interest of the child. Jim Oberweis, Ryan's defeated GOP opponent, commented that "these are allegations made in a divorce hearing, and we all know people tend to say things that aren't necessarily true in divorce proceedings when there is money involved and custody of children involved."[1]

Subsequent to his withdrawal from the U.S. Senate race in Illinois, Jack Ryan has characterized what happened to him as a "new low for politics in America".[17] According to Ryan, it was unprecedented in American politics for a newspaper to sue for access to sealed custody documents. Ryan opposed unsealing the divorce records of Senator John Kerry during Kerry's race against George W. Bush in 2004, and Kerry's divorce records remained sealed. Ryan has made the following request: "let me be the only person this has happened to. Don’t ask for Ted Kennedy’s. Don’t ask for John McCain’s. Don’t ask for Joe Lieberman’s. Just stop. This is not a good precedent for American society if you really want the best and brightest to run."[17]

Did he deny it?

uhm not quite-

I got it from the wikipedia page:

Both Ryan and his wife agreed to make their divorce records public, but not make the custody records public, claiming that the custody records could be harmful to their son if released.

I'm not sure, I'm trying to find another source.

oh ane he , well axelrod went after obamas primary opponent ( blair hull), the end game being boxing him in, those records were unsealed to, yes they agreed but it didn't matter.....the sniff of you
know what left them little choice.

lighting strikes twice for some folks:rolleyes:

Casablanca gambling? I'm shocked! - YouTube

I don't want a government that has to win by doing this.

Far as I'm concerned it's totally unethical....if not criminal.

Next thing they'll be doing is kicking down their doors.

This kind of thing goes on in Russia, but it shouldn't be going on in America.

It's gone on since 1776, where the fuck do you think you live? This isn't Candyland, it's America and American politics. Study history.

oh ane he , well axelrod went after obamas primary opponent ( blair hull), the end game being boxing him in, those records were unsealed to, yes they agreed but it didn't matter.....the sniff of you
know what left them little choice.

lighting strikes twice for some folks:rolleyes:

It's good old American politics. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

uhm not quite-

I got it from the wikipedia page:

Both Ryan and his wife agreed to make their divorce records public, but not make the custody records public, claiming that the custody records could be harmful to their son if released.

I'm not sure, I'm trying to find another source.

yes I saw it , yet there is a difference between what they did or didn't want unsealed...they both said they didn't want that out...(?)

you do know axlerod got leaked copies right? he sent folks or that is the Tribune ( :rolleyes:, sent folks to cali to dig the dirt and make the request.

Forum List

Back