President Executive Order College Free Speech

Marxists Hate Education and Free Speech on campus. Good job, Mr. President.
Trump vows to sign college free speech executive order
haha, did you notice the little shell game trump played, using the UC Berkley punch-me face as a prop? He's just a natural conman, that Trump.

Aww, you Nazis can't get away with your violence and intimidation anymore...:crybaby:
il_570xN.1782912661_idde.jpg

^ Free speech.
Grow the hell up...

Look, try as you might, but your child molester heroes are not going to get speaking gigs on campuses. And you are not going to be able to blame me for that.

There are many instances of conservative speakers being harassed on college campuses.
But not all, and especially not this one, represent campus-sponsored censorship. stay on the point, regarding the prop trump used..

Not that I disagree with your statement... but how do you plan to enforce this order? A quota, for conservative speakers at campus-sponsored events? Who decides who qualifies as conservative, and who does not? Why just conservatives? Shall we also have a quota for genocidal racists, anti-vaxxers, or Islamic suiciders?

Are they mandated a minimum speaking fee? Are the hours of their event mandated? Are protesters then banned from outside the events? from inside the events? When student councils vote not to allow someone so deviant from acceptable norms to speak on the campus's dime (like, a westboro Baptist fuckstick), what will the penalty be...? Will it be, withholding funds from the campus, hurting ALL students, conservative and liberal alike, maybe 100% of which cannot stand westboro baptists?

you see the problems, here.
Easy. Every political persuasion should be allowed to speak, left and right. If not, no Federal money. Use some common sense. We're not talking about kooks, just left and right.

Where do you draw the line? Is Westboro allowed? What about communists? Who decides?
Nobody could possibly decide. this is another Trump prop that he thinks will fire up his base. It's going absolutely nowhere.

Of course it is another Trump prop, but I'm not sure anybody has to approve an EO. The idiot might well sign some misguided statement no matter how ill-advised it might be.
I understand it just fine.
No you don't. He didn't even explain it. We're having a decent discussion here, don't start playing dumb yet.
Oh, well. We'll see how it plays out.

haha, did you notice the little shell game trump played, using the UC Berkley punch-me face as a prop? He's just a natural conman, that Trump.
No, the UC Berkeley incident was just one of many. Free speech is nonexistent on too many college campuses.
Churches also..

Aww, you Nazis can't get away with your violence and intimidation anymore...:crybaby:

^ Free speech.
Grow the hell up...

Look, try as you might, but your child molester heroes are not going to get speaking gigs on campuses. And you are not going to be able to blame me for that.

And, try as you might, we are going to keep Trump in office to make sure this country does not succumb to your hurt feelings.

And, try as you might, we are going to keep Trump in office
That doesn't make sense on any level. All I can do is vote, and the same goes for you. There is no "we". I know you're trying hard to hurt someone's feelings, but you're making yourself seem a bit retarded.

^ Free speech.
Grow the hell up...

And, try as you might, we are going to keep Trump in office to make sure this country does not succumb to your hurt feelings.

Gonna be hard to do without Comey reopening an investigation just before the election or Putin's help.

^ Free speech.
Grow the hell up...

Gonna be hard to do without Comey reopening an investigation just before the election or Putin's help.
...but never underestimate the Democrats' ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, Indie.
The "we" is We, the People. We do exist.
And we intend to re-elect Trump. If you think that is farfetched, revisit 2016.

America before snowflakes:
"I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it".

now:
"You hurt my feelings. I'm going to have a little shit fit in my safey room. I hate you.

upload_2019-3-2_22-50-53.png

^ We, the people...

^ Free speech.
Grow the hell up...

The more absurd the Left becomes the easier they are making it on election day...

Good grief....the Trump rally is that way --->

Anyhoo, while this is a stupid EO that will go nowhere, this is still a discussion worth having. I personally find it disgraceful that some controversial people are uninvited from campuses or not invited at all . I think liberals, especially the ones on campus, are failing badly at this. And make no mistake, it's not just conservatives that these sensitive little reactionary sissies are running out of town. Consider Richard Dawkins, or Bill Maher, or Salman Rushdie, or Sam Harris.

They shouldn't be going to universities to shield themselves from ideas that make them uncomfortable. Doing the opposite of this is precisely how we learn something new! As Dawkins has said, "What in bloody hell do they think universities are for?!"

No, the UC Berkeley incident was just one of many. Free speech is nonexistent on too many college campuses.
Churches also..
Churches don't receive Federal funding.

Democrats are lynching people again.. they mustn’t be mad republicans are freeing thebslaves again haha

And, try as you might, we are going to keep Trump in office
That doesn't make sense on any level. All I can do is vote, and the same goes for you. There is no "we". I know you're trying hard to hurt someone's feelings, but you're making yourself seem a bit retarded.
I see why you're upset by Trump's EO. You like to censor People's words. You're the topic. Lol.

Good grief....the Trump rally is that way --->

Anyhoo, while this is a stupid EO that will go nowhere, this is still a discussion worth having. I personally find it disgraceful that some controversial people are uninvited from campuses or not invited at all . I think liberals, especially the ones on campus, are failing badly at this. And make no mistake, it's not just conservatives that these sensitive little reactionary sissies are running out of town. Consider Richard Dawkins, or Bill Maher, or Salman Rushdie, or Sam Harris.

They shouldn't be going to universities to shield themselves from ideas that make them uncomfortable. Doing the opposite of this is precisely how we learn something new! As Dawkins has said, "What in bloody hell do they think universities are for?!"
Couldn't agree more with your statements. I have many liberal friends from work, and I can say that there's no danger in listening to people with different views and beliefs. You don't have to agree with ANYTHING that they say, but listening to someone's views isn't fucking dangerous. It's actually beneficial because you'll eventually become more tolerant to the views of others. My best friend is a liberal and she's often trying to persuade me to be a liberal. While it doesn't work (and never will), it's made me become more tolerant to liberals and know why they think the way they do. However, that doesn't change the fact that I love to argue with them. ;)

Our country is at each others' throats because we spend more time arguing with each other than listening to different view points. Doesn't matter in the streets, but in places of learning -- like universities -- It's a problem to not listen to others and expand your understanding of the world around you and the people in it.

Forum List

Back