President Executive Order College Free Speech

No, the UC Berkeley incident was just one of many.
... that have absolutely nothing to do with a word trump said or the supposed content of his EO.. That is what I am getting at. you're not following.
Okay. Explain.
Non-student, no speaking engagement, simply standing on campus, gets punched by another non-student.

I think it is you (or, really, trump, so i don't blaming you for not doing trump's work of bullshitting for him, if you decline) who has to explain how this represents campus-sponsored censorship in the form of not inviting certain speakers to school-sponsored events.

Dude, do you NOT see what Trump is doing? he is appealing top people's emotions. Period. "Oh look, fatboy got punched, and he's a trump supporter, therefore liberal campuses bad, time to get tough on 'em!"

In reality, i am not so much against doing SOMETHING about these sissy college crybabies who protest anyone they don't agree with right off the campus event schedules. But this sort of EO is dead in the water. It's just another set piece for Trump the conman, and, I assure you, it is going absolutely nowhere.

No, the UC Berkeley incident was just one of many.
... that have absolutely nothing to do with a word trump said or the supposed content of his EO.. That is what I am getting at. you're not following.
Okay. Explain.
Non-student, no speaking engagement, simply standing on campus, gets punched by another non-student.

I think it is you (or, really, trump, so i don't blaming you for not doing trump's work of bullshitting for him, if you decline) who has to explain how this represents campus-sponsored censorship in the form of not inviting certain speakers to school-sponsored events.

Dude, do you NOT see what Trump is doing? he is appealing top people's emotions. Period. "Oh look, fatboy got punched, and he's a trump supporter, therefore liberal campuses bad, time to get tough on 'em!"

In reality, i am not so much against doing SOMETHING about these sissy college crybabies who protest anyone they don't agree with right off the campus event schedules. But this sort of EO is dead in the water. It's just another set piece for Trump the conman, and, I assure you, it is going absolutely nowhere.
There are many instances of conservative speakers being harassed on college campuses. I don't think you fully understand the problem.

There are many instances of conservative speakers being harassed on college campuses.
But not all, and especially not this one, represent campus-sponsored censorship. stay on the point, regarding the prop trump used..

Not that I disagree with your statement... but how do you plan to enforce this order? A quota, for conservative speakers at campus-sponsored events? Who decides who qualifies as conservative, and who does not? Why just conservatives? Shall we also have a quota for genocidal racists, anti-vaxxers, or Islamic suiciders?

Are they mandated a minimum speaking fee? Are the hours of their event mandated? Are protesters then banned from outside the events? from inside the events? When student councils vote not to allow someone so deviant from acceptable norms to speak on the campus's dime (like, a westboro Baptist fuckstick), what will the penalty be...? Will it be, withholding funds from the campus, hurting ALL students, conservative and liberal alike, maybe 100% of which cannot stand westboro baptists?

you see the problems, here.

There are many instances of conservative speakers being harassed on college campuses.
But not all, and especially not this one, represent campus-sponsored censorship. stay on the point, regarding the prop trump used..

Not that I disagree with your statement... but how do you plan to enforce this order? A quota, for conservative speakers at campus-sponsored events? Who decides who qualifies as conservative, and who does not? Why just conservatives? Shall we also have a quota for genocidal racists, anti-vaxxers, or Islamic suiciders?

Are they mandated a minimum speaking fee? Are the hours of their event mandated? Are protesters then banned from outside the events? from inside the events? When student councils vote not to allow someone so deviant from acceptable norms to speak on the campus's dime (like, a westboro Baptist fuckstick), what will the penalty be...? Will it be, withholding funds from the campus, hurting ALL students, conservative and liberal alike, maybe 100% of which cannot stand westboro baptists?

Easy. Every political persuasion should be allowed to speak, left and right. If not, no Federal money. Use some common sense. We're not talking about kooks, just left and right.

Trump is not smart enough to word an EO that won't have massive unwanted repercussions.

Easy. Every political persuasion should be allowed to speak, left and right. If not, no Federal money. Use some common sense. We're not talking about kooks, just left and right.

Where do you draw the line? Is Westboro allowed? What about communists? Who decides?

Where do you draw the line? Is Westboro allowed? What about communists? Who decides?
Nobody could possibly decide. this is another Trump prop that he thinks will fire up his base. It's going absolutely nowhere.

Nobody could possibly decide. this is another Trump prop that he thinks will fire up his base. It's going absolutely nowhere.
Whatever. I like it. Way overdue.

But you don't even understand it. How could you possibly like it? trump didn't really explain it in any detail. he just used an irrelevant prop (the UC Berkley incident) to get his base lathered up, and then followed that up with a few meaningless platitudes.

What you like is the idea of penalties for conservative speakers not being invited to speak on campuses. But what you haven't bothered to flesh out is how this would actually happen in a legal framework.

Communists have the most freedom on college campuses. Give conservatives the same freedom.

But you don't even understand it. How could you possibly like it? trump didn't really explain it in any detail. he just used an irrelevant prop (the UC Berkley incident) to get his base lathered up, and then followed that up with a few meaningless platitudes.

What you like is the idea of penalties for conservative speakers not being invited to speak on campuses. But what you haven't bothered to flesh out is how this would actually happen in a legal framework.
I understand it just fine.

Of course it is another Trump prop, but I'm not sure anybody has to approve an EO. The idiot might well sign some misguided statement no matter how ill-advised it might be.

Marxists Hate Education and Free Speech on campus. Good job, Mr. President.
Trump vows to sign college free speech executive order
haha, did you notice the little shell game trump played, using the UC Berkley punch-me face as a prop? He's just a natural conman, that Trump.

Aww, you Nazis can't get away with violence and intimidation anymore...:crybaby:
il_570xN.1782912661_idde.jpg

^ Free speech.
Grow the hell up...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back