President Blames Boehner

{ What if they gave a shutdown and no one cared? The only people terrified, horrified and mortified by the so-called “government shutdown” seem to be hack politicians and whiny little trolls writing in the Beltway-Manhattan pinkosphere.
D.C. is scared, and that’s good. It’s about time that the regulatory Boomtown felt the same boom lowered upon it as its tyranny has lowered upon the rest of the country.

I wish I could say that the Republicans were completely united because they know that we need to turn this Titanic around before it slams into another iceberg and defeat the guy on the bow shouting “I’m the King of the World!” But, sadly, too many so-called “conservatives” are afraid they won’t get to keep enjoying the luxury cabins they think they’ve earned. }

Can You Feel the Fear in DC? Now Let?s Increase It. - Kurt Schlichter - Page 1

Who would have thought the Republicans would play the victim card so often?

who wouldn't thought you all are still whining and haten on Palin?
and then turn around and play the victim
anyone?

Harry Reid is a major culprit.

The dems have control of the Senate yet he refuses to allow any bill he doesn't like to come up for a vote.

Would this last bill have passed the Senate?

Would it have had enough votes to counter a veto by Obama?

This is just more political theater and I hate to burst your bubble but both parties wanted this for their own reasons.

Oh, phfft. Don't be silly.

You can take it as a sign that I can't stand to see a grown man cry.

Cry?

Jeebus, Corky. Are you drinking this early?

What is it you don't understand? The Affordable Healthcare Act is law, it was passed and must now be funded. So where do you blame Democrats because Republicans refuse to fund it?

The Republican's MO has been to obstruct, Jesus, they are now trying to screw the government even more by not funding what the majority of Americans elected a President on. Obama ran on the Affordable Health Care Act and won the election, what part of that do you and the dummies in DC not understand?

ACA is the lhe law of the and must be funded? Can you point to Constitution where does say that?

Btw, if its the law of the land then why Barry altered 19 times to exclude his favorites. Congress doesn't have to fund that...

if that's the way you feel. fact is if boehner put it to a vote the shutdown would be over.

so who is to blame?

Worse than that, without the Barrycades that the petulant little fucker in Chief is putting up, no one would even notice that there was a shut down.
I guess Faux News doesn't really keep up with the real news if you believe that nobody would notice the shut down. Geez, what a bunch of snoozers.

But hey, ya'll don't really give a hoot about anybody but your party, right? Typical conservative attitude.

The partial shutdown of the federal government is an unfortunate situation that has the potential of impacting many people. Not only have federal employees been furloughed, but non-profit organizations like ours, Detroit Rescue Mission Ministries (DRMM), will soon feel the effects of the government shutdown. We depend heavily upon federal funding to pay for our many programs and services that keep thousands of homeless individuals and families off the street and put them on the path to becoming self-sustaining.
Government Shutdown Hurts Many | Helping the Homeless

Ame®icano;7948768 said:
Cry?

Jeebus, Corky. Are you drinking this early?

What is it you don't understand? The Affordable Healthcare Act is law, it was passed and must now be funded. So where do you blame Democrats because Republicans refuse to fund it?

The Republican's MO has been to obstruct, Jesus, they are now trying to screw the government even more by not funding what the majority of Americans elected a President on. Obama ran on the Affordable Health Care Act and won the election, what part of that do you and the dummies in DC not understand?

ACA is the lhe law of the and must be funded? Can you point to Constitution where does say that?

Btw, if its the law of the land then why Barry altered 19 times to exclude his favorites. Congress doesn't have to fund that...

If they have to fund it, then why do they have to vote to pass on it? Prior congresses can pass laws, but they can't spend money today. It's ridiculous.

Ame®icano;7948768 said:

You leftists have nothing but contempt for our Consitution and our way of government - but the fact that Congress controls the purse strings is THE most important of the checks and balances.

Yes, I know you want a dictatorship - but at this time, we still have a republic.

EDIT - THIS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO MERTEX

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Ame®icano;7948768 said:

If they have to fund it, then why do they have to vote to pass on it? Prior congresses can pass laws, but they can't spend money today. It's ridiculous.

I guess you don't know how your government works? Congress and the President have to reach an agreement on interim or full-year funding. The GOP is trying to pass a bill that omits funding for Obamacare, which they know damn well Obama isn't going to sign.
As long as an agreement is not reached, certain bills or not paid, ergo the shutdown.

Why would Obama sign a bill that omits funding for Obamacare? Obamacare was passed by the House, the Senate and signed by the President. It then went to Supreme Court because GOP was questioning its Constitutionality. It was deemed Constitutional by the Supreme Court and became law.....geez, no wonder so many ill informed conservatives are standing by their ignorant party which is going to lose in the end, not to mention how it is going to hurt the country.

You don't hold a gun to the President's head and tell him he has to sign a bill that contains only what the GOP wants and call that negotiation. People are not stupid, and the GOP will pay for their ignorant maneuver.

You don't hold a gun to the President's head and tell him he has to sign a bill that contains only what the GOP wants and call that negotiation

So the Republicans control the House, the Democrats control the Senate. It's the Democrats who won't even talk. It's the Democrats who are being asses about this. Just like Republicans can't pass a budget on their own, neither can the Democrats. Your view that means the Democrats are right and the Republicans are wrong is just moronic. You're such a partisan sheep. Baaa...

In 5 years Obama and Reid never passed a single budget even when they had a veto proof majority but now its Boehners fault?

Nigga, please!

Ame®icano;7948768 said:

You leftists have nothing but contempt for our Consitution and our way of government - but the fact that Congress controls the purse strings is THE most important of the checks and balances.
I hope not all conservatives are this ignorant. The GOP is the one proving their contempt for the Constitution. Obamacare was passed by the House/Senate and signed by the President. It was deemed Constitutional by the Supreme Court. You can't get more Constitutional than that, and Republicans in Congress are dismissing that. That is contempt for the Constitution and Democracy. Republicans are holding a gun to Obama and demanding they get their way - that's not Democracy nor the way our country is run.

They are willing to take the country down in flames just because they are afraid that Obamacare is going to work well and show what a bunch of idiots they are, and cause them to lose seats in House and Senate, but their stupid move to shutdown the government is definitely going to cost them more loss, and they deserve it.

Yes, I know you want a dictatorship - but at this time, we still have a republic.
The ones demanding a dictatorship is the GOP, and it will be defeated.

EDIT - THIS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO MERTEX
All you have to do is quote me if you want to address me. I guess you don't know how to do that either! :lol::lol:

Harry Reid is a major culprit.

The dems have control of the Senate yet he refuses to allow any bill he doesn't like to come up for a vote.

Would this last bill have passed the Senate?

Would it have had enough votes to counter a veto by Obama?

This is just more political theater and I hate to burst your bubble but both parties wanted this for their own reasons.
It did come up for a vote and it lost 79 to 19. 25 Republican Senators voted against the House bill, more than the 19 GOP Senators who voted for than the House bill. The Senate then passed a clean CR and sent it to the House, which would have enough votes to pass if brought to a vote, but Boner refuses to allow a vote, citing the non-existent "Hastert Rule." That makes Boner the ultimate culprit!

Ame®icano;7948768 said:

I guess you don't know how your government works? Congress and the President have to reach an agreement on interim or full-year funding. The GOP is trying to pass a bill that omits funding for Obamacare, which they know damn well Obama isn't going to sign.
As long as an agreement is not reached, certain bills or not paid, ergo the shutdown.

Why would Obama sign a bill that omits funding for Obamacare? Obamacare was passed by the House, the Senate and signed by the President. It then went to Supreme Court because GOP was questioning its Constitutionality. It was deemed Constitutional by the Supreme Court and became law.....geez, no wonder so many ill informed conservatives are standing by their ignorant party which is going to lose in the end, not to mention how it is going to hurt the country.

You don't hold a gun to the President's head and tell him he has to sign a bill that contains only what the GOP wants and call that negotiation. People are not stupid, and the GOP will pay for their ignorant maneuver.

The Rs are asking for a delay in the individual mandate for the ACA, just as delays were given for many businesses, in order to address key problems with the ACA and the left considers this to be 'holding a gun to the head of'?

Forum List

Back