President Barack Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

That's it. Defend your Ossiah. He is counting on you.
What does this post have to do with the FACT you have to receive an invitation by the Nobel Committee to be qualified to nominate?
What FACT? Just because you said so? Don't count on it. :lol:

Back it up. Show us where the Nobel committee requires an invitation in addition to the requirements in their statutes for those who can nominate.

Idiot.

You made the silly charge from the beginning. So, put up or shut up if you can't post your evidence. In other words, si modo, you are making no sense if you have nothing other than, "I don't like it." Who cares what you think?

do you think you are helping your case when you are posting information that has been posted by me before in this thread? step one, invitations are sent out. hello?

did mark levin get one? is he a professor? this is the meat, you spoon.

I don't care about Mark Levin. I care about honesty.

If Mark Levin is a prof at an institution having an active research program, it is a given that he got an 'invitation'. Those are the statutes of the Noble organization.

riddle me this: why is the invitation step included in the nomination process?
:rofl:

I think you are talking above her pay grade. lol.
Number of nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009

"Every year, the Norwegian Nobel Committee sends out thousands of letters inviting a qualified and select number of people to submit their nominations for the Nobel PeacePrize. The names of the nominees cannot be revealed until 50 years later, but the Nobel Peace Prize committee does reveal the number of nominees each year."

If Mark Levin is a prof at an institution having an active research program, it is a given that he got an 'invitation'. Those are the statutes of the Noble organization.

"Every year, the Norwegian Nobel Committee sends out thousands of letters inviting a qualified and select number of people to submit their nominations for the Nobel PeacePrize. The names of the nominees cannot be revealed until 50 years later, but the Nobel Peace Prize committee does reveal the number of nominees each year."
I realize this is a difficult concept for you, but the statutes already indicate the qualifications and are thus already select. "IN ADDITION" to the requirements of the statutes, sweetheart, is what I asked. Why are those two words so hard for you to grasp?

Last edited:

she has big problems with logic and thinks she can make up for it with scratching and biting.

the other nobel prizes are by invitation ONLY.

literature and peace are different, as there are no hard criteria. so for literature the nobelprize.org states EXPLICITLY that nominations can be submitted without invitation by qualified persons.

Other persons who are qualified to nominate but who have not received invitations may also submit nominations.

this exemption is missing with the peace prize. curious, huh?

she has big problems with logic and thinks she can make up for it with scratching and biting.

literature and peace are different, as there are no hard criteria. so for literature the nobelprize.org states EXPLICITLY that nominations can be submitted without invitation by qualified persons.

Other persons who are qualified to nominate but who have not received invitations may also submit nominations.

And there it is. The assumption.

I don't think that my question is all that unclear. I asked for support that some invitation is required in addition to the requirements of the statute. I do not see that specified anywhere.

I don't give a damn about Mark Levin, but I do like accuracy. And the assumption that there is an invitation in addition to the requirements is not supported. I would like to see something that supports that assumption.

I'm not here to be right or wrong, I just want solid information yet too many are opposed to providing that and others daring to ask for it. It's dishonest, but expected from some who have established themselves as such.

Last edited:

In addition, Levine HIMSELF notes it was unsolicited.

"Landmark Legal Foundation herewith submits the name of Rush Limbaugh as an unsolicited nomination for the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize.

Landmark Legal Foundation Nominates Rush Limbaugh for 2007 Nobel Peace Prize

Talk about a fuckwit.

literature and peace are different, as there are no hard criteria. so for literature the nobelprize.org states EXPLICITLY that nominations can be submitted without invitation by qualified persons...

What would "qualify" someone to be an expert on peace?

literature and peace are different, as there are no hard criteria. so for literature the nobelprize.org states EXPLICITLY that nominations can be submitted without invitation by qualified persons...

Excellent question as well.

Last edited:
In closing, what does the manipulation of this award do for the American people?

Does this tell us that The Hope & Change mantra of the Obama Campaign really means we get something for nothing?

Are we going to try and tell our future generations (our children) that our President earned a Prestigious (questionable on the Prestigious part) Global Award for his good intentions and not his accomplishments?

By accepting this award, what message does he really send to the world?

When is the new administration going to really help Americans and quit building up his image?

that is why i wrote no hard criteria, yo! that is why literature and peace prizes are handled differently, man i hate to repeat myself.

the nobelprize organization has a clear statement on its webpage whom it considers qualified to nominate for the noble peace prize, some of them get invitations. some of them fuck up, sometimes the voters fuck up, and here we are with a premature peace prize for obama which does not help him nor anybody. a badly timed decision, as i stated a gazillion pages ago.

for si modo i even made a picture, maybe she gets it then, she should definitely recognize the patronizing timbre she sure loves to hand out.

oioioi.gif

that is why i wrote no hard criteria, yo! that is why literature and peace prizes are handled differently, man i hate to repeat myself.

the nobelprize organization has a clear statement on its webpage whom it considers qualified to nominate for the noble peace prize, some of them get invitations. some of them fuck up, sometimes the voters fuck up, and here we are with a premature peace prize for obama which does not help him nor anybody. a badly timed decision, as i stated a gazillion pages ago.

for si modo i even made a picture, maybe she gets it then, she should definitely recognize the patronizing timbre she sure loves to hand out.

oioioi.gif
Applause.gif

Love it!

oioioi.gif

Cute pic. However, where is the support that nominations are allowed by those who have an invitation IN ADDITION to the requirements of the statutes.

You can say it all you want. I understand that you assume that an inviation is required in addition to the requirements of the statutes, but where is this "IN ADDTION" stated by the foundation?

It's a simple request. Your and others' resistance is suspect.

oioioi.gif

Cute pic. However, where is the support that nominations are allowed by those who have an invitation IN ADDITION to the requirements of the statutes.

You can say it all you want. I understand that you assume that an inviation is required in addition to the requirements of the statutes, but where is this "IN ADDTION" stated by the foundation?

yes it is an assumption, and a pretty safe one at that, but that would require application of logic. you can come to the same conclusion if you can solve my riddle. ooooh, i love to condescend, it makes me feel all powerful.

if you contest the assumption, please find me a statement like the one about the exemption for the nobel prize in literature, should be easy to find, right?

ps, i care about accuracy and honesty too, it is sunday after all.

I realize that your brain is non-existent, but in the hopes that somebody does actually have a brain, perhaps they can explain how this information equates to an invitation letter being required IN ADDITION to the qualifications by statue:

"Invitation letters are sent out. The Nobel Committee sends out invitation letters to individuals qualified to nominate – members of national assemblies, governments, and international courts of law; university chancellors, professors of social science, history, philosophy, law and theology; leaders of peace research institutes and institutes of foreign affairs; previous Nobel Peace Prize Laureates; board members of organizations that have received the Nobel Peace Prize; present and past members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee; and former advisers of the Norwegian Nobel Institute."

Those qualified to nominate, by statute: 1. Members of national assemblies and governments of states;
2. Members of international courts;
3. University rectors; professors of social sciences, history, philosophy, law and theology; directors of peace research institutes and foreign policy institutes;
4. Persons who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize;
5. Board members of organizations who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize;
6. Active and former members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee; (proposals by members of the Committee to be submitted no later than at the first meeting of the Committee after February 1) and
7. Former advisers appointed by the Norwegian Nobel Institute.

So far, the claim that a letter is required IN ADDITION to the qualifications by statute is a non sequitur. Some are obviously satisfied with non sequiturs.

it is curious that the nobelprize.org page changed the wording in 2007 from:

Nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize

Nomination to the Nobel Peace Prize is by invitation only. The Nobel Committee sends confidential forms to persons who are competent and qualified to nominate. The names of the nominees and other information about the nominations cannot be revealed until 50 years later.

to this currently:

Nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize

Every year, the Norwegian Nobel Committee sends out thousands of letters inviting qualified people to submit their nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize. The names of the nominees and other information about the nominations cannot be revealed until 50 years later.

don't forget that this conversation centered around the non-nomination of limbaugh for the nobel peace prize

oioioi.gif

Your refusal to accept the correct answer is suspect, so I suggest we simply move on.

The nomination, the award, and the acceptance are all recognition of the international and national rejections of the Bush years.

Morons, when shown their non sequiturs, obviously have issues with that, prefer remaining morons, or are so moronic they haven't a clue what a non sequitur even is. I suspect at this point, some may actually be willfully obtuse, but I am pretty sure that most are just too stupid to even get it.

It's a hard life being resistant to thinking, I suppose. ;)

Forum List

Back