Predictably, Hillary Clinton Calls for an Assault Weapon Ban

Juan de Fuca

Gold Member
May 24, 2016
You knew it was coming, some say it is long overdue, I say its the price you pay when the only talk about it, is no talk at all.

Hillary Clinton has called for the reinstatement of the assault weapons ban in the wake of the worst mass shooting in American history that left 49 people and the gunman dead at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida.

In forthright comments a day after the massacre at the Pulse Club, the presumptive presidential nominee for the Democratic party issued a call for a return to “commonsense gun safety reform” and lambasted the Republican-controlled Congress for what she called a “totally incomprehensible” refusal to address the country’s lax gun laws.

“We can’t fall into the trap set up by the gun lobby that says if you cannot stop every shooting you shouldn’t try to stop any,” she said.

Rattling off all the ways that Florida allows the proliferation of guns – the state doesn’t regulate assault weapons or large-capacity magazines, doesn’t require a permit to buy a gun or oblige owners of weapons to be licensed – she said: “That’s a lot of ‘nots’. I believe strongly that commonsense gun safety reform across our country would make a difference. We know the gunman used a weapon of war to shoot down at least 50 innocent Americans.”

Read more: Hillary Clinton calls for renewed assault weapons ban: they're a 'weapon of war'

Hell, don't ban them...

Relax the rules...

I'll bet the perp wouldn't have shot over 100 people with a couple of hundred shots per second tapping his skull!!!!

You knew it was coming, some say it is long overdue, I say its the price you pay when the only talk about it, is no talk at all.

Hillary Clinton has called for the reinstatement of the assault weapons ban in the wake of the worst mass shooting in American history that left 49 people and the gunman dead at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida.

In forthright comments a day after the massacre at the Pulse Club, the presumptive presidential nominee for the Democratic party issued a call for a return to “commonsense gun safety reform” and lambasted the Republican-controlled Congress for what she called a “totally incomprehensible” refusal to address the country’s lax gun laws.

“We can’t fall into the trap set up by the gun lobby that says if you cannot stop every shooting you shouldn’t try to stop any,” she said.

Rattling off all the ways that Florida allows the proliferation of guns – the state doesn’t regulate assault weapons or large-capacity magazines, doesn’t require a permit to buy a gun or oblige owners of weapons to be licensed – she said: “That’s a lot of ‘nots’. I believe strongly that commonsense gun safety reform across our country would make a difference. We know the gunman used a weapon of war to shoot down at least 50 innocent Americans.”

Read more: Hillary Clinton calls for renewed assault weapons ban: they're a 'weapon of war'
She may have, but what I heard her say on Morning Joe was that all gun sales have background checks and people on no flys be in the database. I won't argue with that.

Banning any "class" of guns is not the way to go.

Here's some liberal "logic" for you.

Having been the target of an FBI investigation should preclude you from legally buying a gun, but not from running for POTUS. LOL You can't even make this stupidity up.

Whatever, but she and Peter King were both on Morning Joe talking about a need NOT to politicize this, and rather to look to what tools law enforcement needs to better keep tabs on people like this. And any notion about grouping in all members of any religion is not going to assist in that. Gen Hayden and Director Comigy agree.

LWNJ's like hiLIARy ALWAYS politicize tragedy. It's how they roll. Remember, "never let a good tragedy go to waste"?

We do not need more Gun Control. What we need is Islam Control.
We need both.

Liberals are in panic mode. They've put this nation in grave danger and now it's come back to slaughter innocent people, their voters per say... They are saying anything and everything to try and pass the buck but it no longer works. We have a new media now so their lies aren't so easily passed off any longer.

This is the usual answer from the gun nuts...

Explain why this attacks happen far less frequency in other first world countries...

Tell us what is your solution... Can your solution not increase gun deaths...

This guy was a disillusioned... What is your solution to disillusioned/radicalized young men from shooting places up...

We have shown you why arming everyone doesn't work...

Explain why this attacks happen far less frequency in other first world countries...

This guy was a disillusioned... What is your solution to disillusioned/radicalized young men from shooting places up...

Seriously Ted, don't go there.

How about Paris massacre? Lots of muslim violence going on in Europe for decades. Why does obama insist on bringing muslim refugees from the middle east, now that we know their proclivity for extreme violence? National security is one of the missions of a president.

How about Paris massacre? Lots of muslim violence going on in Europe for decades. Why does obama insist on bringing muslim refugees from the middle east, now that we know their proclivity for extreme violence? National security is one of the missions of a president.
The killer was born here, and the San Bernidino guy was born here and married his wife after the radicalized.

The issue isn't Islam but radicalization. The vast vast majority of American muslims want what you and I want, and we don't want them to start thinking we think something else. And 90plus people will die in America today with guns.

Not that I'm for gun control beyond background checks.

LWNJ's like hiLIARy ALWAYS politicize tragedy. It's how they roll. Remember, "never let a good tragedy go to waste"?

We do not need more Gun Control. What we need is Islam Control.
We need both.

No, we do not. There is no "law" that will stop a determined maniac from inflicting harm on innocent people if that is their goal.

Fact is, because of the growing threat of radical Islam, we need more Guns, not less. We nee our schools to teach our children how to load and fire guns, rifles, and shotguns. We should have mandatory 2nd Amendment training as a prerequisite to graduation. We need High school and Junior High school shooting clubs and competitions just like we have baseball and football.

She actually called for an Australian style gun confiscation, so a ban similar to the previous failed Clinton ban would not surprise me. Doubling down on failure is how she rolls.

You're an idiot. Attacks like this happen far less in other countries because other countries have FAR FAR FAR less people.

Guns aren't the problem. Our policy towards freedom is the "problem"

Sure give me dictator control over the US and I could cut our crime rate to practically nothing , and virtually eliminate terror attacks, but who would want to live under such draconian measures?

Calling for more gun control after a terrorist attack is like removing the doors and locks from your house after you've been burglarized.

Forum List

Back