prayer questions

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
For believers:

How often should you and do you pray?

Do you pray for your political "enemies"?

prayer is self indulgence, setting your Spirit free is the objective that is possible by only certain means that forgo any misunderstandings.

For believers:

"How often" is difficult to pinpoint as there are so many different kinds of prayer. I like The Irish Ram's answer of without ceasing and with thanksgiving. For me, it is slightly different. When I notice that I have stopped, I begin again.

I don't know if I so much pray for my political enemies per se, as I pray about the situation in which they place all of us. My conclusion: Washington is impotent. They make laws they cannot/will not enforce among themselves. When that doesn't suit their purpose they work to condemn someone despite no law being violated. Meanwhile, the rest of America would really like government to do something helpful or get out of the way. Mostly, get out of the way. I pray about that.

prayer is self indulgence, setting your Spirit free is the objective that is possible by only certain means that forgo any misunderstandings.

Prayer is a direct link to the Creator of everything and our closest relative.
Those that accept Christ, and ask for the Spirit of God, get His Spirit. So we have 2, ours and His. His should never be subject to ours, but the other way around. We are to be lead by His Holy Spirit and should be in constant communication with His, through ours.
Try this:
Before you go to bed tonight, have a talk with our Father. Thank Him. For everything. And then ask Him for discernment, and ask Him to continue to talk to your spirit till you wake in the morning. And he will. And you will begin to discern the truth vs the world. You will get to the point that if you see or hear something that is contrary to God, it almost smacks you in the face. Like reading Breezie's sentence..

Pick a verse from the Bible and go over it in your head til you fall asleep. Give the two spirits a starting point.
If you are praying while you sleep at night you've got half of the without ceasing part in the bag.
During the day, sing along with a gospel singer at home, or in your car. God considers that a sacrifice to Him. It just refreshes your soul, and where light exists, darkness cannot.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

There ya go. :)

Last edited:

Prayer is a direct link to the Creator of everything and our closest relative.
Those that accept Christ, and ask for the Spirit of God, get His Spirit. So we have 2, ours and His. His should never be subject to ours, but the other way around. We are to be lead by His Holy Spirit and should be in constant communication with His, through ours.
Try this:
Before you go to bed tonight, have a talk with our Father. Thank Him. For everything. And then ask Him for discernment, and ask Him to continue to talk to your spirit till you wake in the morning. And he will. And you will begin to discern the truth vs the world. You will get to the point that if you see or hear something that is contrary to God, it almost smacks you in the face. Like reading Breezie's sentence..

Pick a verse from the Bible and go over it in your head til you fall asleep. Give the two spirits a starting point.
If you are praying while you sleep at night you've got half of the without ceasing part in the bag.
During the day, sing along with a gospel singer at home, or in your car. God considers that a sacrifice to Him. It just refreshes your soul, and where light exists, darkness cannot.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

There ya go. :)
5:16-18 Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

your 4th century forgery is neither factual nor relevant and implores a waste of precious time necessary for actual remission to be accomplished.

For believers:

God had told Job to pray for those that has went against Job. So that he will not have broken any of God's commands, so that it will leave him to be blameless.

Leviticus 19:18 “‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

Numbers 12:1 Miriam and Aaron began to talk against Moses because of his Cushite wife, for he had married a Cushite. “Has the Lord spoken only through Moses?” they asked. “Hasn’t he also spoken through us?” And the Lord heard this. (Now Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth.)

Egypt itself was a colony of Ethiopia and the laws and script of both lands were naturally the same; but the hieroglyphic script was more widely known to the vulgar in Ethiopia than in Egypt. Wonderful Ethiopians of the Ancient Cushite Empire: Chapter II. Old Ethiopia--Its People

Forum List

Back