Prairie Chickens to Put Farmers Out of Business

Who gives a shit about farming? We produce so much food in this country that we export tens of millions of metric tons of it every year.

On the other hand... to put this animal in the way of hydrocarbon development is ridiculous.

Tens of millions of humans... ordered to radically disrupt their lives so a chicken can cross the road.

For what? To get the Tribune?

LOL even I don't get the Tribune... I get the Sun-Times.

Well, looky here. A bunch of neo-cons no longer worried about birds. Seems just a few threads ago they were crying great bloody tears about the birds killed by windmills. You really don't suppose that they are big hypocrites, to you?

Well, looky here. A bunch of neo-cons no longer worried about birds. Seems just a few threads ago they were crying great bloody tears about the birds killed by windmills. You really don't suppose that they are big hypocrites, to you?

Do you REALLY know why they are disappearing? I don't either.. Because if it were TRUE farmland, wouldn't be hard for farmers to accomodate some space for them. BUT -----

Federal Plan To Save Prairie Chickens Ruffles State Feathers NPR

They only nest on the ground, nowhere near a tree or anything else, like an oil derrick or wind turbine, sticking up from the prairie. There were once millions of the birds, and Ashe says now there may be fewer than 18,000.

"We've made a threatened determination, which allows us flexibility to acknowledge the work that's been done at the state level," Ashe says.

Where are these populations PLUMMETING? In the very wind corridors that you are championing.. I've said it several dozen times.

It's not the NUMBER of kills --- It is DENIAL OF HABITAT..
THAT is the likely cause for their demise. Won't nest within MILES of a wind turbine..

Forum List

Back