Powell endorces Obama again

Well as long as he's not being referred to as republican Colin Powell.:eusa_whistle:
O’DONNELL: You worked for several Republican presidents. Are you still a Republican?

POWELL: Yes. I think I’m a Republican of more moderate mold, and that’s something of a dying breed, I’m sorry to say. But, you know, the Republicans I work for are President Reagan, President Bush 41, the Howard Bakers of the world. People who were conservative, people who were willing to push their conservative views, but people who recognized hat at the end of the day you got to find a basis for compromise. Compromise is how this country runs.

ROSE: Are you then saying that you may have to leave the Republican party that continues in the direction that it’s going?

POWELL: No, I didn’t say that at all, but nice try. I said I’m a moderate Republican, and there are fewer of us. What party are you in, Charlie?

General Colin Powell is no longer useful as a prop for the Republican Party.

And this is why they keep hailing Condi Rice as a Party saviour, even though she's a RINO who is pro-choice, among other "Liberal" (read: American) positions.

Didnt the Left vilify Powell as an Uncle Tom when he was in BUsh's cabinet?

The left are the biggest fucking hypocrites to walk the planet.

Nope.

The left "vilified" him as a shill and a liar.

He destroyed his credibility by taking his juiced up intelligence to the UN..most of which he had to "edit' because it was so ridiculous.

Where upon..the "case" was so weak..that the US had to go it alone.

Unfortunately Powell says otherwise. From his appearance on Meet the Press on June 10, 2007:

GEN. POWELL: I spent five days out at the CIA going over every single piece of information that was going to be in my presentation. There were a lot of other pieces of information that different people would have wanted me to use and it was all rejected. Everything in that statement was blessed by the director of Central Intelligence, George Tenet; his deputy, John McLaughlin; and all of their senior officials. They believed it, too. George has said he believed it. And so I went to the UN having dumped a lot of stuff on the side of the road because it wasn’t multiple source. It might have been right, but it wasn’t multiple source and I wouldn’t use it. And the reason you see Director Tenet sitting behind me is because I wanted to make sure and he wanted to make sure that people understood I was not making a political statement. I was making a statement of the facts as we knew them.

Full transcript...MTP transcript for June 10, 2007 - Meet the Press | NBC News

Daily Kos And Other Lefties Will No Longer Call Powell 'Uncle Tom' | NewsBusters.org

Rabbi.. you're right. I submit it goes to the true character of George W Bush, who employed and surrounded himself with liberals.....
Yeah.....that's what they were.....

323.png

303.gif

Stupid fuckin' Bimbos....

I was a bit ticked of at Powell when he let Cheney and the toadies of the administration write his UN speech for him and sat there spewing LIES that got us into a war... but he was falling back on his good soldier upbringing and only following the orders of his CinC. I never thought he was a Tom.... now Condi... that's a bit different. ;)

Quote: Originally Posted by The Rabbi

In the most racist way imaginable.

The left - Soft on Terrorists, Tough on Fetus'
Tough on American foetuses. If they pulled a stunt like that in Terrorist countries, their terrorist firends would not only get them, they might trace their family roots to 10 generations and get all of them too. That's what we were fighting in both Afghanistan and Iraq--indentured terrorists used to bullying their way in and out of trouble.

Last edited:

That pole-smoking Commie General Wesley Clark endorses him too.
So do the Black Panthers and Malcolm X.

He's out the fucking door no matter who endorses him.

Powell goes on CBS and says Obama has kept us safe. I guess he didn't get the email about the Ambassador and 3 others. He ought to "do lunch" with Scarborough.

To be fair he probably just watches the mainstream media......was this before or after the debates? If it's after, then he's lying.....

Powell goes on CBS and says Obama has kept us safe. I guess he didn't get the email about the Ambassador and 3 others. He ought to "do lunch" with Scarborough.
General Powell is into deep denial.

Powell a moderate republican??! LMFAO- No republican would EVER vote for a liberal who denied protection to Americans and left them on their own to die.. Especially an honorable military member. Powell is piece of shit.

To be fair he probably just watches the mainstream media......was this before or after the debates? If it's after, then he's lying.....

This morning when he made his "big" announcement.

Colin Powell endorses Obama - CBS News Video

Here Colin:
kool_aid_man_glass.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

did not the right start calling him a "RINO" when he did not tow the line?....
Harry, the reason I didn't call Powell a "RINO" is because I think men and women are entitled to their own opinions. Powell took a lot of flak for serving his country. IMHO, George W. Bush did not hire people to serve their country and put their convictions and families out to dry. He tried to bring out the best in them to be all that they could be. Powell spoke well for this nation at the UN, and while I'm sorry he's changed parties, I respect his decision because of all the good he did this country when he was called upon to do so, and he may think of the Obamas as personal friends worthy of his support. It's a man's decision to vote as he sees fit. Our forefathers gave us the Bill of Rights. We just have to sort things out within our experiences and as we see fit.

However we vote, the majority rules. I will cancel his vote with mine because of Obama's rifling the U.S. Treasury with demands the taxpayers cannot meet with throwing all the money in the world at bad ideas such as failure to get a budget passed by pissing into the wind at wisdom.

Forum List

Back