Post here if you've gone 5 years without demanding more warmongering from the US govt

I thought you wanted anyone who got caught using or having drugs to be executed? Am I mis-remembering?

Not at all.

Cost of trial & incarceration.... Hundreds of thousands of dollars

Cost of 2 bullets in the back of the head from arresting officers... Pennies

Savings.... Priceless.

What about the costs of all the police officers and drug tests, searches and seizures in order to enforce such a barbaric policy?

Plus on the macro scale doing this would essentially guarantee wide-scale revolt, very expensive to quell that.

I thought you wanted anyone who got caught using or having drugs to be executed? Am I mis-remembering?

Not at all.

Savings.... Priceless.

What about the costs of all the police officers and drug tests, searches and seizures in order to enforce such a barbaric policy?

Plus on the macro scale doing this would essentially guarantee wide-scale revolt, very expensive to quell that.

Who needs searches and seizures? Just give the cops the right to fire on people they think are using drugs.:cuckoo:

I beg to differ. Think they aren't a threat to US interests? And no, they DON'T have to be a direct military threat to the continental US to be a threat to the US.

Looked at the price of gas lately? To think what happens in the Middle East does not threaten our economy and way of life is naive. Especially when the very people that don't consider what goes on in the ME a threat to us are against letting us drill for our own damned oil while foreign nations are having at it.

The left wants to national;ize healthcare at everyone's expense. How about if the left does something uselful and nationalizes our own oil and actually drills for the crap?

China is a big threat to our economy and way of life, do you want to go to war with them because of this?

I'm sure they break UN laws all the time like Iraq did, invade now?

Bubba, I never said invade ANYONE. This isn't a black or white argument as you keep trying to make it. The options you present are do nothing or slobbering at the mouth, unrestricted warfare. That's BS.

China only represents a serious threat to us because Obama sold us out to them. Between his little loan and corporate sweat shops, of course they represent a threat.

Now re-read my post. I offered a solution that has nothing to do with war, nor even intervention. It involves taking care of our own in a logical manner.

When do you people shit or get off the pot? As long as we are tit-suckers to ME oil, ANYTHING that happens over there IS our business.

You didn't address the points I made, and your attempt to run diagonally is duly noted. Know what happens to running backs that run diagonally, right?

Bush sent over Hank Paulsen and Obama sent over Hillary Clinton both to literally beg the Chinese government for money. I'm confident Clinton/Bush/Reagan/etc did the same thing but dont' know off the top of my head.

You make a fair point, I shouldn't have read into what you said, energy independence or at least less dependence is very important.

(btw, Barry Sanders ran diagonally all the time)

Not at all.

Savings.... Priceless.

You're not doing well. What does your post have to do with the price of tea in China?

The fact is, you made a statement. You got responses to that statement. You got factual legitimate reasons as to why we cannot just simply turn a blind eye to the Middle East; regardless, your sensationalism.

Your side-topic is noted. I think the FDA sucks and our police forces diverted from enforcing law against REAL criminals to busting some dipweed who wants to smoke a joint. If it feels good or doesn't harm anyone but yourself, rest assured the FDA has a rule against it.

But then, that's not the gist if this thread, is it?

FTR ... I can say "yes" to your original post. Going after the Taliban was the last military action I agreed with. But we DID go after more and you might want to take a look at my ID. I'm GOING to support winning if committed, period. I don't just "support the troops but not the war". That's the leftwing modified response after having been tossed on their asses because of their behavior during and after Vietnam.

Quit trying to play word games. Take a stance and make a point.

This is supposed to be a conservative philosophy? No need for an impartial trial, just allow the police to shoot?

That's not "conservative". It's a jackboot police state.

I'm an Authoritarian. We exist towards the far end of the Conservative spectrum where most people fear to tread.

Considering the absolute inability for people to act properly on their own, a "jackbooted police state" is probably exactly what we need these days.

In other words;

1.) You don't want the US to warmonger in Libya now.

2.) You don't want the US to warmonger in Iran now.

3.) You don't want the US to warmonger in Egypt now.

4.) You didn't want the US to warmonger in Afghanistan 2 years ago.

5.) You didn't want the US to continue warmongering in Iraq.

Hopefully this original post isn't the only one in the thread.

I am all for killing or capturing those responsible for the 9-11 attacks.

I oppose nation building.

China is a big threat to our economy and way of life, do you want to go to war with them because of this?

Bubba, I never said invade ANYONE. This isn't a black or white argument as you keep trying to make it. The options you present are do nothing or slobbering at the mouth, unrestricted warfare. That's BS.

China only represents a serious threat to us because Obama sold us out to them. Between his little loan and corporate sweat shops, of course they represent a threat.

Now re-read my post. I offered a solution that has nothing to do with war, nor even intervention. It involves taking care of our own in a logical manner.

When do you people shit or get off the pot? As long as we are tit-suckers to ME oil, ANYTHING that happens over there IS our business.

You didn't address the points I made, and your attempt to run diagonally is duly noted. Know what happens to running backs that run diagonally, right?

Bush sent over Hank Paulsen and Obama sent over Hillary Clinton both to literally beg the Chinese government for money. I'm confident Clinton/Bush/Reagan/etc did the same thing but dont' know off the top of my head.

You make a fair point, I shouldn't have read into what you said, energy independence or at least less dependence is very important.

I'm not being partisan here. Note that my statement condemns both Obama and the capitalists that move business overseas to sweatshops to increase their profits.

Corporate greed doesn't rate any lower nor higher than bureaucratic, government stupidity.

Barry Sanders eventually had to run vertically or no first down. Running sideline to sideline accomplishes nothing.

In other words;

You going to kill them yourself? Or let some 18 years old jarhead do it for you so he can live with it the rest of his life?

I'll loan you the weapon .....

The fact is, you made a statement. You got responses to that statement. You got factual legitimate reasons as to why we cannot just simply turn a blind eye to the Middle East; regardless, your sensationalism.

Gunny, when I start concerning myself with other people's opinions on topics which my mind is already made up I'll know it's either time to blow my own head off or call the guys with the "hug me" jackets.

I'm not playing any games. I made my comment. If people had simply let it stand, that would have been the end of it. Instead they chose to respond, including bringing up a side-topic which I was polite enough to answer for them.

This is supposed to be a conservative philosophy? No need for an impartial trial, just allow the police to shoot?

I'm an Authoritarian. We exist towards the far end of the Conservative spectrum where most people fear to tread.

Considering the absolute inability for people to act properly on their own, a "jackbooted police state" is probably exactly what we need these days.

Though we both live in New England, I'm happy we're not neighbors...nor am I neighbors with anyone interested in a jackboot police state.

Gunny, when I start concerning myself with other people's opinions on topics which my mind is already made up I'll know it's either time to blow my own head off or call the guys with the "hug me" jackets.

I'm not playing any games. I made my comment. If people had simply let it stand, that would have been the end of it. Instead they chose to respond, including bringing up a side-topic which I was polite enough to answer for them.

That response was not made to you.:confused:

Hes not my hero hes my president.

He didnt enter either of these wars.

I was for the action in Afagnistan when Bush undertook it.

Defense is not war mongering.

Bush then shortly used Afganistan as a jumping off point to drag us into war with Iraq with a huge pack of lies.

That was war mongering.

Trying to Fix Afganistan enough to stablize Pakistan because they have nukes was not a bad idea.

It was just too trashed by Bush's short shifting it for years for Obama to gain much ground.

So Obama enhanced the "war effort" in Afghanistan in order to defend the US from a Taliban army+navy+air force offensive assault? Is that what you're going with?

Maybe you should read my whole post and you would not make such silly mistakes about what was said.

Not many in the Peace corner, so I will join you. Wars a lost cause put on by Losers for the benefit of corporations. Most of these yakers never saw a war they didn't like, or a war they would go fight in.

I'm not being partisan here. Note that my statement condemns both Obama and the capitalists that move business overseas to sweatshops to increase their profits.

Corporate greed doesn't rate any lower nor higher than bureaucratic, government stupidity.

It,s good when we actually get a perspective that has an actual clue

Rare as it is

:popcorn:

Though we both live in New England, I'm happy we're not neighbors...nor am I neighbors with anyone interested in a jackboot police state.

Really? Seen the latest and/or ANY episode of Cops? It amuses me greatly in a sick sort of way that six cops can gang tackle some 120 lb, stoned out of his gourd MFer like he was Emmit Smith right on camera, and I have YET to see some leftweenie bitch about abuse of power. I mean really ... how many cops on Cops does it take to take down a hooker? Answer: so many they beat each other up worse trying to get in on the act than they do the stoned out 120 lb hooker they're tackling.

However, you're WAY off topic. You want to discuss this issue, start a thread on the topic. This one's about the US intervening in foreign affairs.

I'm trying to work on that issue. Hopefully I will nonlinger be a New Englander by the end of this coming summer. My intent is to leave this area and never come back. Hopefully the destination is PA.

Obama campaigned on enhancing warmongering in Afghanistan, why is he still your hero? Doesn't that go against your "platform"?

That's just your take. I'd say it was finishing up business that bush should have taken care of instead of raking his eye off the ball and invading Iraq. To try and punish/capture those who attacked us on 9/11 and to make sure they don't do it again, isn't warmongering. That's self-defense.

This would all be fine if Al-Qaeda was in Afghanistan in 2009, General Patreus said over and over again in the spring of '09 that Al Qaeda wasn't even operating in Afghanistan anymore.

And how tough would it be for them to come back, if we just left the situation, as is? I think you're using loaded language to make a point, but not thinking through what you're actually saying. Are conservatives the cut-n-runners now?!?! :eek:

That's just your take. I'd say it was finishing up business that bush should have taken care of instead of raking his eye off the ball and invading Iraq. To try and punish/capture those who attacked us on 9/11 and to make sure they don't do it again, isn't warmongering. That's self-defense.

This would all be fine if Al-Qaeda was in Afghanistan in 2009, General Patreus said over and over again in the spring of '09 that Al Qaeda wasn't even operating in Afghanistan anymore.

And how tough would it be for them to come back, if we just left the situation, as is? I think you're using loaded language to make a point, but not thinking through what you're actually saying. Are conservatives the cut-n-runners now?!?! :eek:

Doesn't matter whether or not he is in Afghanistan. They refused to turn him over.

If the goal is "Get bin Laden", do we or do wenot go after him whenever and wherever? Regardless sovereign borders?

I say yes. I say if you are an Islamic terrorist, you get your ass kicked, and FUCK Pakistan's "sovereign border. It's sovereign because WE have kept it for them. The implied backing of the US has kept Pakistan from being attacked. India'd kick their sorry asses if not for us.

Osama bin Laden is an international CRIMINAL. When these fuckwit nations quit cowtowing to the loser and treat him for the piece of dirt he is, he'll be gone.

Which brings us to the next question.

The left thinks OBL is the end game. Do you dumbasses REALLY think he matters? He matters to US. AQ won't go away if we kill him. He'll just be a martyr to them. A poster boy to rally around.

As long as we cowtow to Islamic terrorism, they're going to win. They have no regard for life and the whiners among us think it's the most important thing.

I'd love to see some of these posting from momma's basement lefties trying to preserve their own lives. I like comedy acts.

In other words;

You going to kill them yourself? Or let some 18 years old jarhead do it for you so he can live with it the rest of his life?

I'll loan you the weapon .....

They said I was too old to join in 2001. Yes the military is my choice for the job of kicking ass. Not so much for nation building or occupation. Yes before you ask, we should have gone in, kicked ass, and left the mud hole with a good bye note tacked to the door explaining that if they ever become a threat again we'll be back to kick ass once again.

Forum List

Back