Post here if you've gone 5 years without demanding more warmongering from the US govt

Obama campaigned on enhancing warmongering in Afghanistan, why is he still your hero? Doesn't that go against your "platform"?

Hes not my hero hes my president.

He didnt enter either of these wars.

I was for the action in Afagnistan when Bush undertook it.

Defense is not war mongering.

Bush then shortly used Afganistan as a jumping off point to drag us into war with Iraq with a huge pack of lies.

That was war mongering.

Trying to Fix Afganistan enough to stablize Pakistan because they have nukes was not a bad idea.

It was just too trashed by Bush's short shifting it for years for Obama to gain much ground.

So Obama enhanced the "war effort" in Afghanistan in order to defend the US from a Taliban army+navy+air force offensive assault? Is that what you're going with?

They didn't need any of that to kill 3000 Americans in one day.

I thought Upping troop levels in A-stan was a mistake.
I oppose military intervention in Egypt.
In Libya.
In Iran.

I opposed military intervention in Iraq and I opposed military intervention in Afghanistan.

I'll undoubtedly oppose our next little military junket, as I have every one we've done since I was born.

I agree with your point on Afghanistan (i dunno about nuke, but crushing Afghanistan right away and leaving would've been what I wanted), Saddam was zero threat to us so no point in potentially uniting the middle east and making a martyr out of him so I wouldn't categorize that as defense.

Sending foot soldiers into Afghanistan was the first mistake. Nukes would have shown the rest of the Arab world that we were serious about it.

I am of the opinion that ANY foreign leader who has or is planning the assassination of a US national, especially a POTUS needs to die.

And also this isn't meant as an insult, but I don't view you as a true conservative either. The nanny-state policies you want put into place here in the US would be the opposite of fiscally conservative.

Then I think you misunderstand the sort of government and society that I would prefer. Costs would be significantly reduced in the society I believe in.

You were not kidding about using nukes?

There's something morally broken inside of you.

In other words;

1.) You don't want the US to warmonger in Libya now. OH HELL NO!!

2.) You don't want the US to warmonger in Iran now. We have no reason.

3.) You don't want the US to warmonger in Egypt now. Why? It's done.

4.) You didn't want the US to warmonger in Afghanistan 2 years ago. This was a reaction to getting to the people that attacked us. This is completly different.

5.) You didn't want the US to continue warmongering in Iraq. I wanted it done. If we had gone in, killed what needed killing and left, they would hate us to the core.

Hopefully this original post isn't the only one in the thread.

We need to learn to let people just kill each other and fuck the UN.

Some people were calling for military intervention in Egypt, that's why there was such a big effort to fearmonger with regard to the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. I'm not saying anything good about them, just to say they're a threat to the US is/was silly.

The war in Afghanistan in 2009 had nothing to do with attacking the people who attacked us, Al-Qaeda was long gone from Afghanistan.

Who needed killed in Iraq in order to defend the US?

Hes not my hero hes my president.

He didnt enter either of these wars.

I was for the action in Afagnistan when Bush undertook it.

Defense is not war mongering.

Bush then shortly used Afganistan as a jumping off point to drag us into war with Iraq with a huge pack of lies.

That was war mongering.

Trying to Fix Afganistan enough to stablize Pakistan because they have nukes was not a bad idea.

It was just too trashed by Bush's short shifting it for years for Obama to gain much ground.

So Obama enhanced the "war effort" in Afghanistan in order to defend the US from a Taliban army+navy+air force offensive assault? Is that what you're going with?

Maybe you should read my whole post and you would not make such silly mistakes about what was said.

He read what you said correctly. Maybe you should learn to think, THEN try and put some rational thoughts into words.

Its been way more than 5 years for me

Obama campaigned on enhancing warmongering in Afghanistan, why is he still your hero? Doesn't that go against your "platform"?

That's just your take. I'd say it was finishing up business that bush should have taken care of instead of raking his eye off the ball and invading Iraq. To try and punish/capture those who attacked us on 9/11 and to make sure they don't do it again, isn't warmongering. That's self-defense.

I agree with your point on Afghanistan (i dunno about nuke, but crushing Afghanistan right away and leaving would've been what I wanted), Saddam was zero threat to us so no point in potentially uniting the middle east and making a martyr out of him so I wouldn't categorize that as defense.

Sending foot soldiers into Afghanistan was the first mistake. Nukes would have shown the rest of the Arab world that we were serious about it.

I am of the opinion that ANY foreign leader who has or is planning the assassination of a US national, especially a POTUS needs to die.

And also this isn't meant as an insult, but I don't view you as a true conservative either. The nanny-state policies you want put into place here in the US would be the opposite of fiscally conservative.

Then I think you misunderstand the sort of government and society that I would prefer. Costs would be significantly reduced in the society I believe in.

Agree to disagree on Iraq.

I thought you wanted anyone who got caught using or having drugs to be executed? Am I mis-remembering?

In other words;

4.) You didn't want the US to warmonger in Afghanistan 2 years ago. This was a reaction to getting to the people that attacked us. This is completly different.

5.) You didn't want the US to continue warmongering in Iraq. I wanted it done. If we had gone in, killed what needed killing and left, they would hate us to the core.

Some people were calling for military intervention in Egypt, that's why there was such a big effort to fearmonger with regard to the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. I'm not saying anything good about them, just to say they're a threat to the US is/was silly.

The war in Afghanistan in 2009 had nothing to do with attacking the people who attacked us, Al-Qaeda was long gone from Afghanistan.

I beg to differ. Think they aren't a threat to US interests? And no, they DON'T have to be a direct military threat to the continental US to be a threat to the US.

Looked at the price of gas lately? To think what happens in the Middle East does not threaten our economy and way of life is naive. Especially when the very people that don't consider what goes on in the ME a threat to us are against letting us drill for our own damned oil while foreign nations are having at it.

The left wants to national;ize healthcare at everyone's expense. How about if the left does something uselful and nationalizes our own oil and actually drills for the crap?

Its been way more than 5 years for me

That's just your take. I'd say it was finishing up business that bush should have taken care of instead of raking his eye off the ball and invading Iraq. To try and punish/capture those who attacked us on 9/11 and to make sure they don't do it again, isn't warmongering. That's self-defense.

This would all be fine if Al-Qaeda was in Afghanistan in 2009, General Patreus said over and over again in the spring of '09 that Al Qaeda wasn't even operating in Afghanistan anymore.

I beg to differ. Think they aren't a threat to US interests? And no, they DON'T have to be a direct military threat to the continental US to be a threat to the US.

Looked at the price of gas lately? To think what happens in the Middle East does not threaten our economy and way of life is naive. Especially when the very people that don't consider what goes on in the ME a threat to us are against letting us drill for our own damned oil while foreign nations are having at it.

The left wants to national;ize healthcare at everyone's expense. How about if the left does something uselful and nationalizes our own oil and actually drills for the crap?

China and their cheap labor is a big threat to our economy and way of life, do you want to go to war with them because of this?

I'm sure they break UN laws all the time like Iraq did, invade now?

Last edited:
In other words;

1.) You don't want the US to warmonger in Libya now. (Check!)

2.) You don't want the US to warmonger in Iran now. (Check!)

3.) You don't want the US to warmonger in Egypt now. (Check!)

4.) You didn't want the US to warmonger in Afghanistan 2 years ago. (XXX!)

5.) You didn't want the US to continue warmongering in Iraq. (XXX!)

I must admit that I was for the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan but now I think it's time to head home. If we can't accomplish a Military mission in 10 years then it's time to reassess the effectiveness of that mission.

You were not kidding about using nukes?

There's something morally broken inside of you.

I don't kid or joke around. I don't have a sense of humor. I had it surgically removed as a child to make space for my ego to grow to its full size.

There's nothing morally broken inside me. I simply understand that the life of a single American is worth more than the life of every foreigner on the planet combined. I'm a Nationalist and an Isolationist.

In other words;

I must admit that I was for the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan but now I think it's time to head home. If we can't accomplish a Military mission in 10 years then it's time to reassess the effectiveness of that mission.

Correct, 10 years against the 3rd poorest 3rd world nation on the planet, yikes.

I thought you wanted anyone who got caught using or having drugs to be executed? Am I mis-remembering?

Not at all.

Cost of trial & incarceration.... Hundreds of thousands of dollars

Cost of 2 bullets in the back of the head from arresting officers... Pennies

Savings.... Priceless.

China is a big threat to our economy and way of life, do you want to go to war with them because of this?

I'm sure they break UN laws all the time like Iraq did, invade now?

Bubba, I never said invade ANYONE. This isn't a black or white argument as you keep trying to make it. The options you present are do nothing or slobbering at the mouth, unrestricted warfare. That's BS.

China only represents a serious threat to us because Obama sold us out to them. Between his little loan and corporate sweat shops, of course they represent a threat.

Now re-read my post. I offered a solution that has nothing to do with war, nor even intervention. It involves taking care of our own in a logical manner.

When do you people shit or get off the pot? As long as we are tit-suckers to ME oil, ANYTHING that happens over there IS our business.

You didn't address the points I made, and your attempt to run diagonally is duly noted. Know what happens to running backs that run diagonally, right?

In other words;

Correct, 10 years against the 3rd poorest 3rd world nation on the planet, yikes.

Third poorest nation? Really. The world's leading exporter of heroin/opium. I find that hard to believe.

In other words;

The brotherhood helped spawn AQ. The threat they pose to the world is very real, since they want, what we would call, armageddon.

The taliban and AQ are hand in glove

Saddam and crew needed killing. He claimed to have the weapons, that breached our treaty. Justice was served.

Does time bring progress. Tunisia, Egypt, and now Libya are changing because social time is changing, it was the same when Russia and the communist block collapsed from the inside. Generations do evolve and change. But they all follow the second law and require energy. Witness America today, and the 'can't do' spirit that motivates all politics. Instead of UHC, we have universal insanity. Corporations are definitely not people in spite of five nitwits on our SCOTUS. Corporations are entities of power with no heart or soul. The military industrial complex in America has created a social reality many believe. When you have an enormous war machine every thing looks like a war. Time will tell, wish I could come back every 50 years to see if this puny creature has grown any. "A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both." Dwight D. Eisenhower

'Take Your Pills'

"I’m home now and every thing is supposed to be okay
As hard as I try I still feel so out of place
trapped inside of a world deep within my mind
My thoughts keep rewinding backwards to a distant time
Instead of being a fuzzy picture projected on a screen
I see a high definition massive war machine
We all have demons deep down inside
Mine just come alive when I close my eyes
I yell and holler and cuss and scream
I can’t wake up from my violent dreams
Smoke burns my eyes, I see the face of the dead
The war is still raging inside my head
Paranoia slowly sets in
Lock the door, check the door, check the door again
It’s impossible to fall asleep without a loaded gun
A gun is not a guarantee that sleep will even come
Take a number. Wait your turn. Go to the end of the longest line.
“After a review of your paper work son, we believe that you are just fine.”
“Take this pill, and every thing will be all right…
Don’t let your kids piss you off and try not to hit your wife.”
There concerns are not for me. Its for every one else around
I try to tell them what is wrong but they never hear a sound
I am not the only one who has these thoughts and dreams
Our numbers are growing rapidly because of the war machine
With the sound of mortar rounds still ringing in my ears
The intensity of battle will stay with me for years
I’m expected to be, a functioning member of society
So I do what I can, to hide who I am, so I can be who they want me to be."

Steve Carlsen

Not at all.

Cost of trial & incarceration.... Hundreds of thousands of dollars

Cost of 2 bullets in the back of the head from arresting officers... Pennies

Savings.... Priceless.

This is supposed to be a conservative philosophy? No need for an impartial trial, just allow the police to shoot?

That's not "conservative". It's a jackboot police state.

Third poorest nation? Really. The world's leading exporter of heroin/opium. I find that hard to believe.

Afghanistan isn't even in the top 20

Number 3 on the list
*Population: 9.8 million
*GDP (ppp): $3 billion
*$GDP Per Capita: $400
Having recently emerged from a civil war between the Hutu and Tutsi factions, Burundi’s economy faces many challenges. It is landlocked, lacking in resources, largely uneducated (only one in two children attend school), and one in every fifteen adults has HIV/Aids. Although recent political stability has proven beneficial, poverty remains extremely prominent.

Forum List

Back