Positive Nationalism: How communists destroy it, a case study

Mariner's Indian; his mind is a corrosive pool of communist heresy.

Said1 said:
So Mariner speaks for all Indians now?

Yes. Exactly. Mariner is a receptacle of all thought waves from every indian. He conveys those thought beams faithfully.

Well anyway. The notion of positive nationalism remains valid, whole, descriptive and worthy of discussion.

rtwngAvngr said:
Yes. Exactly. Mariner is a receptacle of all thought waves from every indian. He conveys those thought beams faithfully.

So you will or won't be doing more research on that?

My neighbour is from India, he's a Evangelical Christian, married 4 grown kids. He's also a big homo. He knows we know and probably wonders who we told. His standing at the church would be ruined.

rtwngAvngr said:
Well anyway. The notion of positive nationalism remains valid, whole, descriptive and worthy of discussion.

Well anyway, the notion of discussion is based on the articles posted. Try posting something more recent to compliment the original article. Would make and interesting comparison, no?

Said1 said:
Well anyway, the notion of discussion is based on the articles posted. Try posting something more recent to compliment the original article. Would make and interesting comparison, no?

Positive nationalism is a premise of this article. Im still on topic, if you notice.

rtwngAvngr said:
Positive nationalism is a premise of this article. Im still on topic, if you notice.

I think the PRESENT threat communism poses towards nationalism in India is still on topic, too. It's unfortunate you have no idea.

But discuss away.

Said1 said:
I think the PRESENT threat communism poses towards nationalism in India is still on topic, too. It's unfortunate you have no idea.

But discuss away.

My point was not to discuss the present situation in india, but rather how attacking homegrown forms of identity is an M.O. of communists.

rtwngAvngr said:
My point was not to discuss the present situation in india, but rather how attacking homegrown forms of identity is an M.O. of communists.

Yes I know. The article discussed Indian communists, which you used to illustrate your point. The details of their success or failure and Indian reaction to them is still worth discussing, wheather you think so or not. In fact, it's more interesting than your point.

Said1 said:
Yes I know. The article discussed Indian communists, which you used to illustrate your point. The details of their success or failure and Indian reaction to them is still worth discussing, wheather you think so or not. In fact, it's more interesting than your point.

Whether they succeeded or not in the case of India is not the point here. The m.o. hasn't changed. Exposing the m.o. is the purpose of this thread.

rtwngAvngr said:
Whether they succeeded or not in the case of India is not the point here. The m.o. hasn't changed. Exposing the m.o. is the purpose of this thread.

I know what your point is. There are communists in every society, with the same "M.O". So what?

And, as if you've never strayed from the original topic in a thread.

Anyway, I need a coffee. See how bitchy I am without my morning litre?

Said1 said:
I know what your point is. There are communists in every society, with the same "M.O". So what?

And, as if you've never strayed from the original topic in a thread.

Anyway, I need a coffee. See how bitchy I am without my morning litre?

Go get your java.

So what? Let's recognize that the permanent villification of the concept of nationalism is communist propaganda.

rtwngAvngr said:
Go get your java.

So what? Let's recognize that the permanent villification of the concept of nationalism is communist propaganda.

But that would end your thread. You were hoping for more than one reply weren't you?

Remind me, was the article discussing religious nationalism? That I would agree with. If not, I would argue that the concepts of communism and nationalism also exist, presently.

Said1 said:
But that would end your thread. You were hoping for more than one reply weren't you?

Remind me, was the article discussing religious nationalism? That I would agree with. If not, I would argue that the concepts of communism and nationalism also exist, presently.

Of course they exist, just like a positive, beneficial, strengthening variety of nationalism does.

rtwngAvngr said:
Of course they exist, just like a positive, beneficial, strengthening variety of nationalism does.

Now, where are your positive nationalists again?

I asked about religious nationalism, because I can envision a communist movment trying to work against religious institutions in India.

Said1 said:
Now, where are your positive nationalists again?

I asked about religious nationalism, because I can envision a communist movment trying to work against religious institutions in India.

I'm a positive nationalist. I know I know, I don't live in a "nation state" and cannot possibly be a nationalist. Or something.

I ignore questions designed simply to be annoyingly tangential.

rtwngAvngr said:
I'm a positive nationalist. I know I know, I don't live in a "nation state" and cannot possibly be a nationalist. Or something.

Whatever.

I ignore questions designed simply to be annoyingly tangential.

It wasn't intended to annoying, it was a question followed by my reason for asking. Did you miss that?

Said1 said:
Whatever.

It wasn't intended to annoying, it was a question followed by my reason for asking. Did you miss that?

I don't believe in the cut and dried definitions. "Oh that's religious nationalism"

Nationalisms have varying levels of religiousity.

rtwngAvngr said:
I don't believe in the cut and dried definitions. "Oh that's religious nationalism"

Nationalisms have varying levels of religiousity.

Are you serious? It's a yes or no question. Given the religious nature of Indian society, I would say it's a relevant question, not necessarily intended to be an argument. Don't be a tardo.

Forum List

Back