Positive Nationalism: How communists destroy it, a case study

rtwngAvngr

Jan 5, 2004
http://voiceofdharma.org/books/hsus/ch5.htm
The methods which Communism employs in India to denigrate and denounce the votaries of positive nationalism are the standard Communist methods it uses everywhere around the world. Here we shall concretise three of its chief methods under Indian conditions:

1. Communism in India has developed a language which George Orwell has described as doublespeak. In this language, the traitorous and totalitarian forces represented by the Communist movement are presented as patriotic and democratic forces, collaborators with Communism as progressive people, Islamic imperialism as secularism, and positive nationalism as Hindu communalism and chauvinism. Many people do not know how to decipher this doublespeak and are, therefore, trapped by it;1

2. Communism in India constantly practises what Karl Popper so aptly expounded “as the conspiracy theory of society”. It goes on digging up one conspiracy after another against the working class, the peasantry, the middle class, the toiling masses, Secularism, and so on. In this scheme, it links up “Hindu communalism and chauvinism” with capitalism, landlordism, forces of obscurantism, revivalism and reaction and, finally, all of them with “American imperialism”. The forces of “democracy and progress” are then called upon to rally round the Communist movement to defeat the “grand conspiracy between American imperialism outside and reactionary Hindu communalism within”. This helps the Communist cadres to acquire a rare depth of perception without exercising their brains. The less they know and think, the better they feel and function. Recently, Communism has discovered a conspiracy of “Hindu communalism” to kill Muslims and destroy Muslim property whenever and wherever Muslims show some signs of prosperity;

3. Communism in India wields a strong-worded swearology which it hurls at its adversaries. Some samples of this swearology will illumine the venom which it can carry. During the Ranadive party-line in 1948-50, Mahatma Gandhi was “unmasked” as the cleverest bourgeois scoundrel and Rabindranath as mãgeer dãlãl, that is, a pimp. But the choicest reprimand was reserved for Sardar Patel and Pandit Nehru “the fascist duo”. Parichaya, the prestigious Bengali monthly, came out with a long poem on the two of them “conspiring together in the service of American imperialism”. One of the lines exposed them as shyãlã shooarer bãcchã, birlã tatãr jãroja shontãna, that is, sons of swine and the bastard progeny of Birlas and Tatas. But, then, you cannot pin the Communists to any of their past performances. They always “admit their mistakes” publicly and do a bit of chest-beating whenever they receive orders to change the Party line. At present, the bulk of Communist swearology is being mobilised against the camp of positive nationalism. People belonging to this camp are being daily denounced as communalists, chauvinists, fascist murderers of minorities, perpetrators of genocide, reactionaries and revivalists. The tone is still mild, keeping in mind how mendacious it could easily become at a moment’s notice. But there are intimations that it may resume its full powers of rhetoric as and when required.2

More worldview shattering gems. from the same article.
By positive nationalism we mean a nationalism which draws its inspiration from its own cultural heritage and socio-political traditions. Such a nationalism has its own way of looking at world events and evaluating the alignment of world forces. Such a nationalism is guided by its own past experience in safeguarding its interests and pursuing its goals.

Said1 said:
Point of Discussion tonight "Naturalistic Nationalism". WTF does that mean?

I don't remember offhand. Do you think the nebulousness of the above term refutes one of the premises of the paper: Positive nationalism exists.

rtwngAvngr said:
I don't remember offhand. Do you think the nebulousness of the above term refutes one of the premises of the paper: Positive nationalism exists.

No, not at all. Naturalistic Nationalism would more than likely refer to landscape influencing or building culture, nothing else. Although I didn't know nationalism was being threatened as a result of communist influences. Seems unlikely.

Said1 said:
No, not at all. Naturalistic Nationalism would more than likely refer to landscape influencing or building culture, nothing else. Although I didn't know nationalism was being threatened as a result of communist influences. Seems unlikely.

Communism is a destroyer of all existing orders. To the extent that nationalism strengthens any sort of anti-communist, or simply non-communist identity, it is destroyed by communists.

Lefties like Islam, as it's already a totalitarian ideology, which is really what communism is.

rtwngAvngr said:
Communism is a destroyer of all existing orders. To the extent that nationalism strengthens any sort of anti-communist, or simply non-communist identity, it is destroyed by communists.

You mean good nationalism.

Nationalism and communism have gone hand in hand before.

Is India really a nationalist state to begin with? Aren't there better examples? Like Venezuala, maybe?

rtwngAvngr said:
Lefties like Islam, as it's already a totalitarian ideology, which is really what communism is.

I think they like because they can also use it to vilify the west. Crusades anyone? ohh, those poor repressed Muslims.

Said1 said:
You mean good nationalism.

Nationalism and communism have gone hand in hand before.

Is India really a nationalist state to begin with? Aren't there better examples? Like Venezuala, maybe?

Right, good nationalism.

I don't see nationalist as an either /or designation. There are levels of it.

There might have been better examples, I concede. I will go abuse myself.

Said1 said:
I think they like because they can also use it to vilify the west. Crusades anyone? ohh, those poor repressed Muslims.

It's a "twofer"

rtwngAvngr said:
Right, good nationalism.

I don't see nationalist as an either /or designation. There are levels of it

There might have been better examples, I concede. I will go abuse myself.

Wouldn't you say supposed communists in India would be pushing for secularization and forced equality of condition first and formost as oppossed denationalization?

I mean once they take over, aligence to the nation and the state will be forced upon the populace, forcably removing religious cultural identity. Not unlike other nationalistic nations such as China.

Said1 said:
I mean once they take over, aligence to the nation and the state will be forced upon the populace, forcably removing religious cultural identity. Not unlike other nationalistic nations such as China.

I don't think they'll bother since the totalitarianism they seek is already there in islam. It's easier to convert us to islam, from a "conquer the world" perspective.

rtwngAvngr said:
I don't think they'll bother since the totalitarianism they seek is already there in islam. It's easier to convert us to islam, from a "conquer the world" perspective.

Let them convert the Hindu's et al first, then there might be a few dozen left over to try the rest of the world. I'm not well versed in current Indian politics and culture though, I'm just taking wild guesses here.

Said1 said:
Let them convert the Hindu's et al first, then there might be a few dozen left over to try the rest of the world. I'm not well versed in current Indian politics and culture though, I'm just taking wild guesses here.

I don't know man!

Said1 said:
But what about communism. Are they still a threat to Indian nationalism, 20 yrs later?

communists are a threat to us all, always, forever. it is a pestilent satanic vision.

Forum List

Back