population / food ?

If the weather this year does what it has the last two years, the prices at the grocery store a year from now are going to be real painful.An increasingly dicey climate in a world of 7 billion people that are dependent on agriculture is a recipe for disaster.

Yeah, I agree, it's amazing how the ripple effect from higher gas prices will affect the grocery store

So I am researching population growth in the US.
And food consumption in the US.

My questions I am wanting to understand is

1) I can get the population and population density of any state/town in the US.
But I am wondering about how much food we have and the rate of consumption of what foods in what regions?

For example
Take cows and chickens for example how can one determine a rough estimate on how many cows and chickens we have in a certain region and at what rate we are consuming them / replacing them?

Say for example we have 100,000 cows in Wyoming and 10,000 people that eat red meat on a daily bases. Say they eat on average 3lb of red meat a week. Say the average cow weighs 1,000 lb. yields a 650 lb of eatable red meat.

If creating a new cow to reach full adult hood takes 3 to 4 years.
Then does anybody see a problem with are consumption?

I do we simple are over populating to fast to have an equal balance?

Unless we can produce 1000 and 1000 of cows at the same time. And even that with are population exponentially growing their is going to be problems.

Thank god for people that don't eat red meat or eat chicken.

Correct me if I am wrong this is only going to get to be more of a problem.

For other natural resources like like oil , electric ,gas ,...etc in theory if we drill deep enough we have close to an unlimited supply or at least enough to support the whole world for a while. May be my math is wrong but I worked out that we would run out of oil ,electric , gas ,....etc much later then we would run out of space on earth for people.

But when it comes to food and trees this is another story!
So the government shouldn't be so focus on oil , other energy consumption stuff as much as it should be with the population , food , and enviroment/ecosystem (these factors are the most important since they are the essential necessities of all life).

Question 2)
I have research how environmentalists and wild life people get a population count /density count on different types of animals and how they flow thru the world.
But all their methods are crude and left open for a lot of mistakes in counting. (i.e it is not as easy as getting it from humans tax forms / census count which is more exact since mostly everybody has to do these.)

So I ask how can we determine a rough estimate on cow and other animal populations that we consume. Unless we know where they all are and can physically count them?
Because we could not be aware of it but we could be making cows extinct in a few years from now based on a mis-calculated count?

We don't run out of the animals that we eat. we run out of the animals that we don't eat.

Bald Eagles are not the Bird we see on tables at thanksgiving and yet they almost went extinct. Turkeys, on the other hand are used to make everything from our Tahnksgiving feaster to the our low fat breakfast sausage.

Turkeys are in no danger of going extinct. Niether are cows.

Unless McDonalds stops making hamburgers, the cow is never going to die out.

So , then human hungry and resources/energy consumption is solved provided we all agree on distributing it to everybody reasonable and helping regardless of profit.

Would this be correct?

If so then wow... I am a little skeptical on all of this ( a little bit ) but if I had the data in a manageable way I would feel more confident in fully believing a yes answer to everything about hungry and resources/energy consumption.

Fun then why do we have government making all these speeches about we are going to improve america ...etc

All we need them for is to manage us somewhat to prevent chaos sort of speak. (IN SOME CASES)

So then what is a known unsolved problem in are way of living ?
The only thing I can see is humans actions,beliefs,agreement ,...etc itself not anything with resources or growth of population.

So then I must ask what is are nation working towards other then to providing everybody with a great way to live and prosper.
That and research , creativity , invention to improve the quality of life, understanding of the world around us, and just understanding in general.

Other then the sure fact of improving health , curing of unknown/unsolved medical problems / diseases and unknown science questions or problems I got nothing.

Last edited:
And the point to all of this is what???? I am trying to get to the bottom of your political punch line

Are you trying to say there is not enough food to feed the world population?
Are you trying to say we are running out of food?
Are you trying to say we are not raising enough livestock?
Obama is a dick?
We need to stop feeding the world?

So I am researching population growth in the US.
And food consumption in the US.

My questions I am wanting to understand is

1) I can get the population and population density of any state/town in the US.
But I am wondering about how much food we have and the rate of consumption of what foods in what regions?

For example
Take cows and chickens for example how can one determine a rough estimate on how many cows and chickens we have in a certain region and at what rate we are consuming them / replacing them?

Say for example we have 100,000 cows in Wyoming and 10,000 people that eat red meat on a daily bases. Say they eat on average 3lb of red meat a week. Say the average cow weighs 1,000 lb. yields a 650 lb of eatable red meat.

If creating a new cow to reach full adult hood takes 3 to 4 years.
Then does anybody see a problem with are consumption?

I do we simple are over populating to fast to have an equal balance?

Unless we can produce 1000 and 1000 of cows at the same time. And even that with are population exponentially growing their is going to be problems.

Thank god for people that don't eat red meat or eat chicken.

Correct me if I am wrong this is only going to get to be more of a problem.

For other natural resources like like oil , electric ,gas ,...etc in theory if we drill deep enough we have close to an unlimited supply or at least enough to support the whole world for a while. May be my math is wrong but I worked out that we would run out of oil ,electric , gas ,....etc much later then we would run out of space on earth for people.

But when it comes to food and trees this is another story!
So the government shouldn't be so focus on oil , other energy consumption stuff as much as it should be with the population , food , and enviroment/ecosystem (these factors are the most important since they are the essential necessities of all life).

Question 2)
I have research how environmentalists and wild life people get a population count /density count on different types of animals and how they flow thru the world.
But all their methods are crude and left open for a lot of mistakes in counting. (i.e it is not as easy as getting it from humans tax forms / census count which is more exact since mostly everybody has to do these.)

So I ask how can we determine a rough estimate on cow and other animal populations that we consume. Unless we know where they all are and can physically count them?
Because we could not be aware of it but we could be making cows extinct in a few years from now based on a mis-calculated count?

We don't run out of the animals that we eat. we run out of the animals that we don't eat.

Bald Eagles are not the Bird we see on tables at thanksgiving and yet they almost went extinct. Turkeys, on the other hand are used to make everything from our Tahnksgiving feaster to the our low fat breakfast sausage.

Turkeys are in no danger of going extinct. Niether are cows.

Unless McDonalds stops making hamburgers, the cow is never going to die out.

Hate to tell you, but because of last years drought in Texas (a major cattle resource), ranchers had to sell their cows off early, and because of that, beef prices are going to be painful this year.

You should already understand my purpose.

If we have enough food for everybody and enough energy/resources for everbody.

The why do we have economists and politics people saying we have so many problems. And america should change ,...etc

Purpose is the only problem is the way humans think themselves.

And when I hear we have this problem and that political/economic problem ..
It is all BS. for the most part since we have solved most of all the major problems of living.

The only major problems that cann't be solved is what is fair , beliefs ,...etc
And those can never be fully solved.

So reality is that economicists and political people are really just their to mange it all But they really have all the solutions to most things already.

Apart from the facts that come into beliefs which are (laws , privacy , what is good /bad , how things should run/work , who gets what , justice , rights ...etc )

But all things that are not based on opinions are pretty much solved... (or have been improving to the point that their is a pretty good solution to it all)
So then I ask why the fuck did we have a war over oil? We have enough of it.
Must have been on uneducated people fearing / panicing over pointless shit.

Last edited:
God help the doomsdayers.........holy shit........how do these people navigate regular day to day life??

Please .........go but a food pod at Costco and stop bothering us with drivel...........:blowup:

Last edited:
There is plenty of food for those that can afford it.

So, we just let everyone else starve?

Who the hell is starving? We have 50 million people on food stamps. If you see someone who is hungry, help them sign up. People in 3rd world countries only starve because their government will not distribute the food we donate. They just prefer to leave it at the port to rot. Food & energy = political power & governments wield it at their discretion.

I see my error in my ways of thinking about the government and how the world is run. ( I just was uneducated at those facts and would believe what was around me at the time / what I heard. Now that I am more educated about this then I am curious Why did we go to war because other then the wars for are independents/freedom I cann't see why we would go to war outside are country ?

Afghanistan , I cann't see that being really necessary.
Really we did all that just to kill bin laden... he is just a figure head anyway.
And was in poor medical condition (at least thats what they said)

And your saying we where not after the resources?

So then what was the point of that just to set an example don't mess with us? (if so we could have done that in alot sorter time with alot less injuries)
Or was their more reasons.... perhaps hidden personal issues or other classified issues :)

I can only see scareing them enough to not mess with us again.... Or maybe contain then so the don't grow. duno just guess.

Last edited:
I see my error in my ways of thinking about the government and how the world is run. ( I just was uneducated at those facts and would believe what was around me at the time / what I heard. Now that I am more educated about this then I am curious Why did we go to war because other then the wars for are independents/freedom I cann't see why we would go to war outside are country ?

Really we did all that just to kill bin laden... he is just a figure head anyway.

So then what was the point of that just to set an example don't mess with us? (if so we could have done that in alot sorter time with alot less injuries)
Or was their more reasons.... perhaps hidden personal issues or other classified issues :)

I can only see scareing them enough to not mess with us again.... Or maybe contain then so the don't grow. duno just guess.

Everyone wants the cheapest power in order to be the most competitive. The mid-East has the cheapest oil on the planet & yields the highest EROEI. If we don't use it China or Russia will & it will be nearly impossible for us to compete with them. Even when Iran was holding our US embassy hostage & we helped Iraq attack Iran, we were also defending Iran against Russia. We were the worlds #1 oil producer. We discovered the Mid East oil & made the deals with these countries to produce their oil, cut our production, be their #1 customer to make them prosperous & defend them. It is about competing on a global scale, petro-dollar recycling, world domination & power. The average US citizen uses over 20 barrels of oil a year. There are 25,000 man hours worth of work energy in every barrel of oil. Every US citizen commands the power of 240 slaves to do our work for us to achieve our standard of living. That does not even include our electricity & natural gas consumption. Just imagine if you paid $1 per man hour worth of work & a barrel of oil has 25,000 man hours worth of work in it. That barrel is worth $25,000. At $10 per hour it's worth $250,000. This is how you compete with a China man making $1 a day.

Last edited:

Everyone wants the cheapest power in order to be the most competitive. The mid-East has the cheapest oil on the planet & yields the highest EROEI. If we don't use it China or Russia will & it will be nearly impossible for us to compete with them. Even when Iran was holding our US embassy hostage & we helped Iraq attack Iran, we were also defending Iran against Russia. We were the worlds #1 oil producer. We discovered the Mid East oil & made the deals with these countries to produce their oil, cut our production, be their #1 customer to make them prosperous & defend them. It is about competing on a global scale, petro-dollar recycling, world domination & power. The average US citizen uses over 20 barrels of oil a year. There are 25,000 man hours worth of work energy in every barrel of oil. Every US citizen commands the power of 240 slaves to do our work for us to achieve our standard of living. That does not even include our electricity & natural gas consumption. Just imagine if you paid $1 per man hour worth of work & a barrel of oil has 25,000 man hours worth of work in it. That barrel is worth $25,000. At $10 per hour it's worth $250,000. This is how you compete with a China man making $1 a day.

I don't agree that the Mid-East is the key to America's energy needs but for the sake of argument at least oil based energy is the absolute power that runs the world as we know it. The fact that our own president seems to want the US to think that some sort of fake "alternate" energy source is right around the corner is an indication that he is either a fool or a traitor. The US is spending our grand-kids future buying oil from foreign and often unstable regimes while the president supports the fake science of global warming which is nothing but an extortion scheme. Now is not the time to play games with the radical eco-terrorists while America is selling it's treasure to foreign governments.

Last edited:
What, that makes no sense.

But my opinion if a girl wants to keep the child (if it was a mistake)
The man shouldn't have to pay child support always, if he didn't want it and the girl wants to raise it. How fair is that "HE DOESN'T GET A CHOICE IT WAS IN THEORY 50 50 IN THE MISTAKE".... (I think if girls wheren't so fucking pampered then maybe they would be a little more careful )

I do think the child if it cann't be taken care of the best option is try to find the best parents to adopt it "Their are alot of people that cann't have kids and would be great parents"

Most of the time ... but the choice should be optional and some times the best case is abortion (birth defects , quality of life has to come into play )

But of course this is my belief

Don't get me wrong the man in most cases should support the women but only if she is loyal and they are a couple

Most girls are dirty go from partner to partner. My believe they should grow a brain think about who they want to be with and stick with him. None of these breaking up getting back together BS.
I would almost never give second chances to this shit

Last edited:

I don't agree that the Mid-East is the key to America's energy needs but for the sake of argument at least oil based energy is the absolute power that runs the world as we know it. The fact that our own president seems to want the US to think that some sort of fake "alternate" energy source is right around the corner is an indication that he is either a fool or a traitor. The US is spending our grand-kids future buying oil from foreign and often unstable regimes while the president supports the fake science of global warming which is nothing but an extortion scheme. Now is not the time to play games with the radical eco-terrorists while America is selling it's treasure to foreign governments.

Cheap Low EROEI oil is absolute power. It has high energy density, portable & on demand when you need it. If you have a factory making widgets with cheap energy & high cost labor & it cost you $1.00 to make each widget. A foreign competitor has the same factory using cheap labor & expensive energy & it cost them $1.30 to make each widget. Guess which one is going to put the other out of business?

I am now thinking wind energy is a failure. Because of its high EROEI I used to think we could get 20% of our power from wind since the wind blows 25% of the time. I figured that most of that 25% would be when there was demand. Boy was I ever wrong. Wind almost never generates power when you need it & only makes power when you don't. Wind energy production is completely out of phase with demand. Texas Wind Energy Fails, Again At 10% installed wind-generation capacity Texas wind capacity is way over built. Likely 7% is all the useful wind capacity we can achieve & it comes at a high price since you still have to build the same amount of Coal & Natural Gas capacity as you would without wind.

electricity.jpg

Last edited:
Sam111 is right.

Society's problems are largely manmade.

There is enough for all in this world.

Except for humanity in humans, of course.

That particualar human resource is in rather short supply.

These kind of threads are so gay............the kind of shit that intrigued me decades ago:lol:........when back then they said there would be no more food by 2001.

Don't discourage the kids from asking questions.

That's what this board is for - if something doesn't interest you, move along and find something that does instead of tearing someone else down to alleviate your boredom.

Forum List

Back